We all know that hockey is back,

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic29+

May 5, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
and yes I excited but I'm more excited that my son's going to be playing again soon.

Do you have kids playing hockey? If so at what age level?

My son is 8 and he plays Senior Novice. Even though this is only his 3rd year in hockey, there's nothing I enjoy more than watching him play. NHL comes in a close 2nd. ;)

nic29+

May 5, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I am very proud of him. :D

It's actually funny because he knows hockey is starting agian soon and he's already tried on all his equipment and it practicing his slap shot in the hallway. He tells me that hockey is almost here and he needs to practice.

NJDevs430

Jun 9, 2002
Visit site
nic29 said:
I am very proud of him....It's actually funny because he knows hockey is starting agian soon and he's already tried on all his equipment and it practicing his slap shot in the hallway. He tells me that hockey is almost here and he needs to practice.
Good luck to him this year...
}:)>
I hope hockey takes him as far as he wants to go.

JeffW

Apr 2, 2005
My boy is starting his 7th year. He'll play goal for our Bantam A team and also be back up goalie for our Midget AA team.

I'm am asst coach on his team and I love that we can do this together. I think he does too (for the most part).

KariyaIsGod*

I've got the championship game for my ball hockey league tommorow so really the off-season is actually starting for me...

Time to be a rink rat once again...

CRUNK JUICE

Nov 19, 2002
Austin, TX
webspace.utexas.edu
nic29 said:
I am very proud of him. :D

It's actually funny because he knows hockey is starting agian soon and he's already tried on all his equipment and it practicing his slap shot in the hallway. He tells me that hockey is almost here and he needs to practice.

Heh. I used to do that all the time.... Much to detriment of my parents' garage door. :D

hockeystud938

Feb 21, 2005
i don't have a son or anything but i am 15 and i play midget AA and i also play on the varsity team at my high school the only freshman on the team yea baby :yo:

nic29+

May 5, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
CRUNK JUICE said:
Heh. I used to do that all the time.... Much to detriment of my parents' garage door. :D

Well my son has already smashed out one of the hallway lights and scraped up my newly painted walls but I still let him play there. I also put hardwood floors in there and he puts on his slippers (house skates) and goes like a bat out of hell. It's actually fun watching him or playing with him.

Puckboy said:
My son will be 5 soon and starts learn to play hockey this year. Not sure who is more excited him or me

That's actually the best year. They are so cute and it's amazing how fast they learn.

Hockeymom67

Aug 24, 2004
Montreal
nic29 said:
and yes I excited but I'm more excited that my son's going to be playing again soon.

Do you have kids playing hockey? If so at what age level?

My son is 8 and he plays Senior Novice. Even though this is only his 3rd year in hockey, there's nothing I enjoy more than watching him play. NHL comes in a close 2nd. ;)

I have four boys that play hockey.The oldest is 12 and plays PeeWee A second year.The other one is 10 and plays Atome BB second year,another one is in Novice B and that's also his second year in that level . Last but not least my baby is 6 and is finishing up his third year hockey program.Let me tell you I spend most of my weekend at arenas.I love Hockey!!!

nic29+

May 5, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Smirnoff said:
I have four boys that play hockey.The oldest is 12 and plays PeeWee A second year.The other one is 10 and plays Atome BB second year,another one is in Novice B and that's also his second year in that level . Last but not least my baby is 6 and is finishing up his third year hockey program.Let me tell you I spend most of my weekend at arenas.I love Hockey!!!

Wow. What about out of town games? How do you manage all them when they have to go to different places?

Hockeymom67

Aug 24, 2004
Montreal
nic29 said:
Wow. What about out of town games? How do you manage all them when they have to go to different places?
First of all, games for the youngest only start after the hollidays.So that leaves me three and if I'm lucky ,someone like a neighbour,a grandparent will take one to his game .I've been pretty lucky it's never happened that all four were somewhere totally different all at once.Our hockey association kind of makes the schedule in a way that if our town is in that area they will play all levels there that same weekend so it cuts down on travelling a bit.It will most likely cost me a fortune this winter with the price of gas...

Ozolinsh_27

Apr 1, 2005
I don't have a kid playing hockey, but my younger brother plays and his evaluations are this weekend actually. Its been amazing watching him grow up and playing all the age groups and finally see him at Midget age group.

He went to a midget AAA tryouts earlier this month and was told he would've made the team if he was not injured (sprained knee), by all reports he was the most dominant defenseman. Disappointing for him, but he has Tier 1 to fall back on this weekend, unless politics screw him over once again as it did last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad