Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
May the best card win!

MOROZOV

Morozov presents...

From a sold out Soldier Field in Chicago Illinois

The War in Chiraq

A Dream Realized
One of history's most beloved icons chases World Championship Glory from one of its most despised villains

"The Macho Man" Randy Savage with Miss Elizabeth vs "The Straight Edge Saviour" CM Punk (c) with Serena Deeb

A Family Legacy At Stake
The Legend Killer's ascension takes aim at one of Wrestling's most renowned families.

"The King of Harts" Owen Hart with Jim Neidhart vs "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton

Hardcore Tag Team Turmoil
An anything goes Chicago Street Fight for the World Tag Team Championship

The Motor City Machine Guns vs The Dudley Boyz vs Harlem Heat (c)

The People's Uprising
With Illinois behind him, DDP chases one of wrestling's greatest prizes, the Intercontinental Championship

"The Peoples Champion" Diamond Dallas Page vs "The Franchise" Shane Douglas with Francine

Luchas de Apuestas
Mask vs Hair in this high stakes, high flying encounter

Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs "The Godfather of Anarchy" Jerry Lynn

Mind Games
Raven's Flock face the firing squad of the Loose Cannon. With Saturn patrolling ringside, if Raven loses, The Flock must disband.

"The Loose Cannon" Brian Pillman with Saturn vs Raven with The Flock

More than a Diva
Two of the most beautiful and talented women's wrestlers clash for the Womens Championship

Mickie James vs Gail Kim (c)

Ultimate X Spectacular
The Cruiserweight Championship dangles from the infamous X cables waiting to be claimed

Juventud Guerrera (c) vs Taka Michinoku vs Billy Kidman vs Christopher Daniels vs The 1-2-3 Kid vs Low Ki vs The Amazing Red vs Jack Evans

Gang Warfare
Englewood spreads into the squared circle in three-man, single pinfall tag brutality

"The Nation of Domination" Farooq, D'Lo Brown, Kama Mustafa vs "LAX" Konnan, Homicide, Hernandez

When Worlds Collide
Ruthless aggression unleashed between two of wrestling's most potent attacking weapons

"The Samoan Bulldozer" Umaga vs "The Innovator of Offense" Chris Kanyon

DR PEPPER

CM Punk v Seth Rollins, world title match

Kazuchika Okada v Rey Mysterio Jr, intercontinental title match

Bray Wyatt v Raven, hardcore championship match

John Morrison v Neville, European championship match

The Blackjacks v War Machine, tag team title match

The Miz v Shelton Benjamin v Wade Barrett, US championship triple threat match

Tajiri v Super Crazy v Billy Kidman, cruiserweight championship match

Ethan Carter III v Chris Hero, loser gets his head shaved match

Alberto Del Rio v Jack Swagger, flagpole match

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
This is probably one of the hardest ones for me.

I can't really rank which main event is better, their both matches I can get behind and would love to see! I prefer Raven vs Wyatt than Pillman vs Raven. Morrison vs Neville is a match I really dig. That being said, what settles it for me is that Morozov's lower card is the deal breaker here. I'd rather see his than Dr Pepper's. I think with Pepper's card my biggest problem is that some of these matches have a combination of wrestler's we've already seen wrestle before.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Morozov speaks to this board and his draft strategy to please the board is impressive. He gets what people around here like. One small pet peeve of mine - Pillman/Raven has been done. I do like Peps Bray vs. Raven match more. More of a dream match.

But went Morozov for one reason. Punk/Savage over Punk/Rollins. To be honest - both of these guys could have made a deep run. Shame one has to go home early.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Morozov speaks to this board and his draft strategy to please the board is impressive. He gets what people around here like. One small pet peeve of mine - Pillman/Raven has been done. I do like Peps Bray vs. Raven match more. More of a dream match.

But went Morozov for one reason. Punk/Savage over Punk/Rollins. To be honest - both of these guys could have made a deep run. Shame one has to go home early.

I figured once the seeding was determined, that I would probably bow out early. Seems to be the way this one's going. Good luck the rest of the way, Morozov. Hell of a card. :yo:

Dammit, if my card hadn't been so popular in early voting, maybe I'd have at least made it through a round! :sarcasm::laugh:

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I'd be very legitimately curious to see if Chicago gives Punk a hero's welcome, or if Savage truly is charismatic enough to have Chitown boo their hometown heel.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Macho Man vs Straight Edge CM Punk with Serena sounds really really really cool. But so does Bray Wyatt vs Raven. Tough one. Prefer Morozov's card more top to bottom I think.

ADR/Swagger is an odd choice.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Morozov:
As I said, interesting dynamic of a main event and location but, either way, white hot crowd I imagine.
Never cared for Orton, and that's a down for me. But again, with the smarter Chicago crowd Owen would get a massive response to give it more validity.
This tag match has some real potential to put on something special. I'm picturing a TLC 'Mania X-7 feel.
Mickie James vs Gail Kim, though a good matchup, is one that feels a little too familiar to me.
Gang warfare can end up being a beautiful mess, like the old Chicago street fight from 'Mania.
Liger vs Lynn would be great, but I feel maybe should be first.
Pillman vs Raven sounds like something I'd buy as being a forgotten classic from yesteryear.

Dr. Pepper:
Strong upper card, main event is a top notch modern dream match.
Okada vs Rey might suffer if it's expected to go long (25:00+), but could be high flying, brutal entertainment.
I'd be worried about Raven vs Wyatt being overbooked and silly.
Neville vs Morrison would definitely please.
The undercard, however, comes off pretty average in an all time draft competition, though would be fine matches in their own right.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I knew picking Randy would be a bit of a risk because he is a polarizing figure and there's many on here who have grown tired of him. With his credentials though it was a risk I decided to take.

Undeniably he is great in the ring when he cares, him and Owen would be beautiful I think. The Legend Killer was a much better gimmick than the tired Viper also.

Dr Pepper it's easy to see we have some similar tastes, or at least approach to who we wanted to take, so I obviously like what you've created and you'd have a ticket from me.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I'd be very legitimately curious to see if Chicago gives Punk a hero's welcome, or if Savage truly is charismatic enough to have Chitown boo their hometown heel.

This is something I tussled with in my head. As soon as I took Punk I knew I wanted a Chicago theme, but then I had to pause and think but I want him to be the villain here is this going to compromise that.

But then my thoughts were this is the Macho man, he's loved enough that he can pull this off and if there's some vocal home Punk fans then even better to me. You're going to have your home Punk fans of course but you're also going to have your people who hate him because he's such a good heel and you're going you have your people who love Macho and that's going to equate to an electric crowd that I think would be an amazing dynamic rather than everyone aligned to just the good guy.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
This is something I tussled with in my head. As soon as I took Punk I knew I wanted a Chicago theme, but then I had to pause and think but I want him to be the villain here is this going to compromise that.

But then my thoughts were this is the Macho man, he's loved enough that he can pull this off and if there's some vocal home Punk fans then even better to me. You're going to have your home Punk fans of course but you're also going to have your people who hate him because he's such a good heel and you're going you have your people who love Macho and that's going to equate to an electric crowd that I think would be an amazing dynamic rather than everyone aligned to just the good guy.

Yeah, if anyone could, it'd be Savage.
I didn't bring that up as a knock though, I think it plays well to the competition. Being genuinely curious as to how it would play out is definitely a big factor that leads me to buy a ticket to your show.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
What's tough with voting in this particular draft is the potential of both cards having some similar wrestlers. Punk in both main events...pretty has come down to which opponent do you like better.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Yeah, if anyone could, it'd be Savage.
I didn't bring that up as a knock though, I think it plays well to the competition. Being genuinely curious as to how it would play out is definitely a big factor that leads me to buy a ticket to your show.

Didn't take it as a knock at all, I just enjoy the dialogue haha and it was interesting because you touched on something that I had definitely given some thought to.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Morozov is very good at this whole concept....putting together a card, drafting. Hell....won it in 2015, I think, right?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Poll isn't fair in terms of the parity of both cards. And Rollins/Punk is a personal dream match of mine, which made it harder to not go that direction. Not sure about putting Okada with Mysterio, but Okada would make anybody look amazing at the rate he's been working over the last year.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I somewhat reluctantly voted Morozov. I'm not a fan of Savage, Punk is in my opinion well overrated on this forum and some of his matches need a little work. Still it's an excellent card. DrPepper's interested me more to a degree. The Raven-Wyatt match especially would be great and in my opinion should surely be moved up to the second last match on the card and could be a main event.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->