giphy.gif

[SONGS IN ITALIC ARE THERE TO PROVIDE AN IDEA OF THE STORYLINE]

PRE-SHOW

MARK HENRY VS ZACH GOWEN & CHRISTOPHER MELANDEZ – HANDICAP MATCH
SURVIVAL by Eminem

DISCO INFERNO VS BRODUS CLAY – ROLLER DISCO MATCH
ROLLING IN THE DEEP by Adele

MAIN CARD

NEVILLE (C) VS DEAN MALENKO – TWO OUT OF THREE FALLS MATCH (CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE LINE)
REMEMBER THE NAME by Fort Minor

VAL VENIS VS BUFF BAGWELL – BRAZZERS CONTRACT ON A POLE MATCH
SEX ON FIRE by Kings of Leon

CHYNA (C) VS AWESOME KONG – WOMEN’S CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE LINE
SAIL by AWOLNATION

AMERICAN ALPHA VS WORLD’S GREATEST TAG TEAM (C) – TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE LINE
JUST LIKE YOU by Three Days Grace

GENE SNITSKY & MOJO RAWLEY IN A KICK THE BABY CONTEST FEATURING IKE BROFLOVSKI, JUDGE: KYLE BROFLOVSKI

DUSTY RHODES VS CODY RHODES – SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE: GOLDUST
I HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU by Three Days Grace

CHRIS BENOIT VS JIMMY SNUKA – STEEL CAGE MATCH, LOSER GOES TO HELL
ARSONIST LULLABYE by Holzier

EDGE VS BOBBY ROODE – LOSER CAN NO LONGER ENTER CANADA
IN EXILE by Thrice

KURT ANGLE VS RUSEV (C) – U.S. CHAMPIONSHIP ON THE LINE
THIS IS WAR by Thirty Seconds To Mars

GARBAGEGOAL

GarbageGoal's TOTAL WRESTLING FEDERATION PRESENTS:

From Madison Square Garden, New York, New York

Mauro Ranallo (play by play) Josh Barnett (color)

Main Event
Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart in a 60 minute Iron Man match (special guest ref Jerry Lawler)

Back and forth for thirty minutes with no quarter given or taken, Bret stuns Angle with a victory roll after an Angle slam attempt! Minutes later, another stunning development as Bret goes for a sharpshooter and Angle passes out. Hart, up 2-0, complains that Angle is being given too much time to recover and he should be awarded the contest as Angle can't go on. While arguing with referee Jerry Lawler, Bret walks into an Angle slam from a possum playing Kurt. 2-1! Bret tries to grind the clock down, but goes for another sharpshooter as time ticks down. Angle gets the Angle lock on Hart who taps seconds before the time expires. 2-2! We have overtime! Hart, frustrated, and thinking old enemy Lawler is screwing him over takes it to the outside and uses a chair and the ring bell on Angle. Back in the ring, Angle seems done and as Bret goes for a superplex Angle manages to throw him off and hit a moonsault. Angle hits a bridging German for the pin and wins 3-2! One hour and seven minutes

The Midnight Express (Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane with Jim Cornette) vs Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards

The Midnights control most of the match, cutting the ring in half and using quick tags to isolate Richards. It certainly doesn't hurt that Jim Cornette delivers a few tennis racket shots! Davey makes the hot tag though and swings the balance. The ref throws out Cornette after catching him on the ring apron but not before he gets hit with a double dropkick. Eddie hits the superkick on Eaton into a bridging german by Davey for the pin in 22 minutes!

Kenta Kobashi vs Antonio Inoki

Japanese legends of two different eras meet. All Japan versus New Japan! Inoki refuses to submit to the strong style of Kobashi, and holds most of the match in his hands....but Kobashi is able to reverse Inoki's sleeper into a back body suplex, and pin Inoki at the 19 minute mark.

Konnan/Negro Casas/Blue Demon Jr vs. L.A. Park/Hector Garza/Perro Aguayo Jr.

One fall Mexican trios match! The Chair-man of the board LA Park gets pinned when he tries to bring a chair in the ring and while in a tug of war with the ref gets hit with a facebuster at the
14 minute mark.

Curt Hennig vs Austin Aries

Two guys who think they are perfect battle it out! A fast paced match ends at the twelve minute mark when Hennig hits the Perfectplex to win.

Jack Brisco vs Ted DiBiase (late 70's early 80's babyface)

Two technicians hook up in an old school Mid South matchup. Brisco holds the upper hand most of the match, schooling the young DiBiase. DiBiase manages to rally late, but ends up submitting to a figure four leglock in 16 minutes.

Booker T vs. Razor Ramon

The two charismatic stars go head to head! Razor manages to pin Booker by holding the tights after a fallaway slam at 12 minutes....

Mickie James/Molly Holly/Trish Stratus vs Lioness Asuka/Chigusa Nagayo/Jaguar Yokota

Six women's tag team action as some of the best workers from the USA and Japan clash in international action! Jaguar gets the pinfall on Mickie after a high angle suplex at 16 minutes.

Al Snow vs. Jerry Lynn

Two of the most underrated workers of the 90's open the night with a 14 minute match ending with the man formerly known as Mr JL scoring the pinfall with the cradle piledriver.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I went with Cutter for one reason - I hate iron man matches. Cutter's card is insanely troll city and interesting. CC gets the vote.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Another really tough one. I think Garbage had the better main event, but an iron man match does make me wary.

In the end Cutter's crazy Russo booking won me over.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Good stuff on both sides, but I prefer GarbageGoal's wrestlers and how he used them. It seems to me like Chris Cutter spread out his top talent a bit too much, but the humour mitigates that somewhat.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Someone (I think Jack Slater) was interested as to why I made DiBiase a face. Obviously we all love The Million Dollar Man, but maybe this was a little more of a long term view for me. DiBiase was a fantastic white meat babyface when he started, while Jack Brisco had a natural heel feel as the sort of arrogant varsity athlete. I would have loved to book a long term feud between a young DiBiase and Brisco in his prime.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Someone (I think Jack Slater) was interested as to why I made DiBiase a face. Obviously we all love The Million Dollar Man, but maybe this was a little more of a long term view for me. DiBiase was a fantastic white meat babyface when he started, while Jack Brisco had a natural heel feel as the sort of arrogant varsity athlete. I would have loved to book a long term feud between a young DiBiase and Brisco in his prime.

Interesting. DiBiase is obvious well known for the Million Dollar Man gimmick, and rightfully so, but he was apparently a great face. That he was seriously considered for the NWA title back in the Flair/Race/Rhodes era indicates that. I like seeing a guy get a different gimmick than the expected sometimes.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Just a question...
But is there a reason why there is not a World/ Heavyweight Championship match on Cutter's card?
It may be an antiquated way to think...
But a main event for the United States Championship just makes the card feel like a live show to me.

Last edited:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Just a question...
But is there a reason why there is not a World/ Heavyweight Championship match on Cutter's card?
It may be an antiquated way to think...
But a main event for the United States Championship just makes the card feel like a live show to me.
I thought about that when making the show. It's definitely a valid point but I felt with the nature of the feud with my main event, it was one of the few occasions where I felt it would mean more to have it be the US Title. I could have put it with the Roode/Edge match but with the current stipulation already in place, I felt it would have slightly overkill to do so.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I keep saying they're close, but this was REALLY close for me. The top of Cutter's card is better for me (even though Rusev in the main event does little for me), but I like the depth of GarbageGoal's card more and so he got my vote.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad