Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
That's one way of framing it.

For what it's worth, I actually thought the information you initially posted was worthwhile. But I also thought that the sequence of events that followed was funny - especially in this of all threads.
That's why I posted it - for both team's fans.

Fair enough. We're cool. :thumbu:

I'll tell you something. I've been frustrated s hell. I think my laptop keybord may be failing. My nd keys are nerly unworkable. I hve to almost hit them with hammer to make them work.

See? :laugh:

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Er... You said this:
"I’d say the regular season in short sample sizes have less weight. Every team has bad nights. Consistency is what you’d like to see in the regular season. I’d say “contenders “ are the most consistent teams in the regular season. It’s a new season come playoffs."

Thats a lot of talk about consistency in the context of explaining why the regular season matters to contender status moments after saying the regular season didn't really matter.

I'm still waiting for you to demonstrate who is a contender and who isn't based on these loose metrics of yours, but if you don't want to you don't have to of course.
to be perfectly honest I really don’t feel the need to prove anything to you over the internet. If I put fourth an argument that satisfies you(it won’t) what’s in it for me? Nothing. It’s silly. Cheers

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Depends if you want to ignore their Cup win and their sweep of the Oilers en route.
If I’m ranking the teams I didn’t want the Canucks to play in order it’s:
1. Dallas
2. Colorado
3. Vegas
4. Oilers

You performance may vary.

That's awesome, I'm happy for you then, as your wish has come true. You won't have to play any of Dallas, Colorado nor Las Vegas in the playoffs this year - just Oilers

Reactions: nerblet

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Depends if you want to ignore their Cup win and their sweep of the Oilers en route.
If I’m ranking the teams I didn’t want the Canucks to play in order it’s:
1. Dallas
2. Colorado
3. Vegas
4. Oilers

You performance may vary.

Good list. I think the Canucks will face the Avs in the conference finals. The Hughes-Makar battle will be epic.

a2qUHRJ - Imgur.gif

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
With no Demko, Pettersson and Hronek having vanished, and Garland’s small stature being exposed in a big man’s competition, Vancouver is en route to being dispatched of swiftly.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
With no Demko, Pettersson and Hronek having vanished, and Garland’s small stature being exposed in a big man’s competition, Vancouver is en route to being dispatched of swiftly.
How is his small stature being exposed exactly? He was one of the best players against Nashville

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
That's awesome, I'm happy for you then, as your wish has come true. You won't have to play any of Dallas, Colorado nor Las Vegas in the playoffs this year - just Oilers
Oh I think the Oilers will be a tough series. There’s no easy outs in the playoffs. But the Oilers and Canucks have both had pretty easy paths so far compared to the rest of the West.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad