Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (VAN leads 3-2)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
I'm not pretending anything, how can I read their minds? I only know what they say.

I'm sure that some of them actually believe that the regular season is meaningless, why should I interpret that as anything more than regular season nihlism, seems unfair to the others.
Just admit that the Oilers have the advantage in every conceivable way, and they'll stop arguing with you.

The regular season IS meaningless, except for when they bring it up.

It doesn't matter how the Canucks played in round one, because the sample size is too small and against only 1 team. What the Oilers did in round 1... that is what matters.

Canucks were simply lucky against a toothless team, when they got outshot and still won the game. When the Oilers did the same against the offensively impotent Kings, it was totally different.

The Preds became a really dangerous team during the season, but their small meaningless playoff sample size that doesn't matter, matters. They couldn't score, and that had nothing to do with the Canucks defense or goaltending. Their defense really wasn't good either, it was just the Canucks not being good over a small meaningless sample, which means everything going into the Canucks/Oilers series.

Get it now?

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
But... they do have the advantage, I even gave you the stats to show that the Canucks are advantaged at 5v5 in the playoffs.

Canucks are 4th in xG% (54.61%), Oilers are 10th (47.43%)
Canucks are 4th in Corsi (52.45%), Oilers are 15th (42.66%)
Canucks are 6th in Fenwick (51.23%), Oilers are 15th (43.32%)
Canucks are 3rd in xGD (+2), Oilers are 10th (-1.06)

Now, you may not think that's important, I'm not so sure it is either as the Oilers have the firepower to ignore stuff like Corsi and Fenwick, but the Canucks definitely do have the advantage.
Schoolyard pick. I pick you first.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Good on the mods for cracking down on derogatory and misogynistic name-calling. That's schoolyard crap we don't need here.
I have a hunch a few of these posters won’t make it to game one.

This thread is honestly an embarrassment and has almost nothing to do with the hockey series now

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
Definitely not true. Building was selling out for the 10 yrs the team sucked ass. And if this thread isn't proof enough of the passion of both fanbases I'm just not sure you know what a fairweather fanbase is.
It is just the newest narrative they are using …..hard to keep track of them all this season….

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Hughes is small.
Vancouver is a market 3x the size of Edmonton, and has been proven.
Edmonton has a higher valuation due to a new arena and McDavid.
Both owners are shit and previous owners are also shit.
Kane and Perry are going to turn back the clock and do something they’ve never done before by physically beating on Hughes.
Edmonton is the favourite to win the series.

Can we go back to talk about the series now?

Lacking Demko probably sways this from a 50/50 series, sadly

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Someone on Twitter I've never heard of has sure as shit convinced me.

He's an advanced stats guy, usually he's pretty good, but famously had Q Hughes as a Tier 3C defenseman this season, which he got roasted for all year. Ironically he had him higher but apparently NHL front office people convinced him that he's worse.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
He's an advanced stats guy, usually he's pretty good, but famously had Q Hughes as a Tier 3C defenseman this season, which he got roasted for all year. Ironically he had him higher but apparently NHL front office people convinced him that he's worse.
Oh, I heard about this guy! I never learned his name though. He was the butt of a lot of jokes when it came to Quinn Hughes. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad