Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Different year different team.
Just like the Canucks dominating the Oilers this year and taking the Pacific won’t matter.
Not will it matter that Kane was certainly no issue for the Canucks all year.
Playoff Kane is a different animal. Playoff Oilers are mean, fast and heavy.
The Canucks had a great year but it's time to be humbled by true contenders.

• Haha
Reactions: ddawg1950

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Before mods cleaned up:

After mods cleaned up:

In the world where the Canucks spent the entirety of the season in the president’s trophy race, where as the Oilers needed to claw back from one of the worst starts in franchise history?

That's honestly a terrible argument, even for you.

Reactions: Czechboy

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Its okay, us fans of Canadian teams are used to playoff disappointment.

Give it a few pages before we complain about who has had it worse.

Oilers fans: "We had to endure the dark era!"

Canucks fans: "You call the Tambellini era suffering? We had it worse with Jim Benning!!!"

Leafs fans: "We have had more futility and heartbreak in the playoffs than both of your teams combined."

Sens fans: :(

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Give it a few pages before we complain about who has had it worse.

Oilers fans: "We had to endure the dark era!"

Canucks fans: "You call the Tambellini era suffering? We had it worse with Jim Benning!!!"

Leafs fans: "We have had more futility and heartbreak in the playoffs than both of your teams combined."

Sens fans: :(
Montreal has had it the best :sarcasm:

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
This should be a great series to watch from an outside perspective.

I think the Oilers firepower will be too much, but I'd sort of like to see Vancouver pull it off.

Reactions: Nuck Bonino

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Truth hurts?

82 game season proves my point, where your argument is based on what? Because you feel it is?
using that logic.. you are also saying the B's have better forwards than the Oilers and the Jets have better forwards than the Nucks.

Is it possible to consider that maybe those teams had their success becuase of strong goalies or D squads? Or a combo of all 3?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
using that logic.. you are also saying the B's have better forwards than the Oilers and the Jets have better forwards than the Nucks.

Is it possible to consider that maybe those teams had their success becuase of strong goalies or D squads? Or a combo of all 3?
Absolutely, but the original post was already taken out of context by the poster. With McDavid Oilers absolutely have the better roster but without him I take Vancouver every day of the week. He tilts the ice more than anyone else. They struggled quite a bit when he was hurt this season

Reactions: geebster

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Absolutely, but the original post was already taken out of context by the poster. With McDavid Oilers absolutely have the better roster but without him I take Vancouver every day of the week. He tilts the ice more than anyone else. They struggled quite a bit when he was hurt this season
Without Quinn Hughes, the Oilers defense is far superior than the Canucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: ddawg1950

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Y'all remember when we broke the Oilers, had them fire their coach and had their star players throwing literal hissyfits on the ice?

Yeah, good times.

I'm sure that isn't weighing on the minds of Oilers players though.

All trashtalking aside, I just want an exciting series.

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Y'all remember when we broke the Oilers, had them fire their coach and had their star players throwing literal hissyfits on the ice?

Yeah, good times.

I'm sure that isn't weighing on the minds of Oilers players though.

All trashtalking aside, I just want an exciting series.
A healthy McDavid is going to have a chip on his shoulder from the regular season. Vancouver essentially cost him a division title and another feather in his cap. He’s going to come out looking for blood

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
In what world do the Canucks have a better forward group than Edmonton...?

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Hoglander
Suter-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-Lindholm-Garland
PDG-Blueger-Lafferty

Henrique - McDavid - Hyman
RNH - Draisaitl - Kane
Foegele - McLeod - Perry
Holloway - Ryan - Janmark
I mean, this season, Edmonton forwards scored 246 goals. Canucks forwards scored 242 goals...while having better defensive structure.

Obviously Edmonton does have more firepower. But that comes down pretty much entirely to McDavid/Draisaitl factor.

Reactions: geebster

Three On Zero

Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Hell I’m Canadian, and am laughing at both sides!
Love the enthusiasm but Canadian fans take hockey way too serious. Teams care more about your money than anything else. You’re just a ticket sale to them, the die hard fandom has always been an odd case to me

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Pearl Jam? What year is it, 1994?
I mean, this season, Edmonton forwards scored 246 goals. Canucks forwards scored 242 goals...while having better defensive structure.

Obviously Edmonton does have more firepower. But that comes down pretty much entirely to McDavid/Draisaitl factor.

Since the coaching change Edmonton has basically been unstoppable.

32 out 32 GMs take oilers forwards over nucks.

Reactions: Navx94

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Ya but I mean c'mon. I went there during a trip to Edmonton for a funeral, and that place felt more like a mausoleum than the actual mausoleum...
It's funny everyone has an antedoct. I remember 10 years ago going there for a work assignment downtown and talking to the staff. They work twice as long hours for a significantly less salary where the cost of living is higher.

Makes sense why we got so many Vancouver refugees moving to our mausoleum last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad