Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Oilers fans have been beating the shit out of each other every game, whether win or loss, but go on........

Yes when you have 10k plus people drinking you're going to have a few isolated scraps. Been happening since the ancient Egyptians invented wine. The fact that these parties are allowed to continue and another city just cannot have them for fear of mass rioting speaks volumes.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Tell us that you don’t watch the Canucks…

I don't think we are going to agree on something I can't prove. Let's just agree that McDavid and Draisaitl are much better players than the Canucks top guys and I think that gives the Oilers an advantage.

Goaltending can negate a lot of that but is harder to predict. I don't trust Skinner at all but he was good towards the end of the last series.

Reactions: Dieseloil

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don't think we are going to agree on something I can't prove. Let's just agree that McDavid and Draisaitl are much better players than the Canucks top guys and I think that gives the Oilers an advantage.

Goaltending can negate a lot of that but is harder to predict. I don't trust Skinner at all but he was good towards the end of the last series.
I’ll agree that McDavid is much better.
I’d take Hughes over Draisaitl as I think Norris D are more valuable.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Wow, I thought there would be something interesting on this thread, but quickly realized there is nothing worth reading. Just two fan bases flexing their egos.

This match up will certainly be interesting. Although Edmonton is a offensive powerhouse, I don't think they'll be blowing the Canucks out of the water with ease like many suggest in this thread. The keys to the Canucks having success is staying out of the box. Edmonton's 50% powerplay is insane, so the Canucks need to do a better job at controlling their emotions and holding up on their hits "cough Joshua" and stay out of the box, or the Oilers will feast on them. The Canucks need to contain McDavid, Draisaitl and Hyman. Keep a tight check and shadow these players at all times. Pettersson, Hronek, Miller, Boeser and Hughes need to start producing again, putting up points. Scoring 1 or 2 goals and getting 12 shots against the Oilers isn't going to fly. Especially when the Oil are so good offensively. Keep peppering Skinner with shots. Pettersson needs to wake the f#$k up if the Canucks are going anywhere. To be a non factor in this series will be a quick elimination for the Canucks. Pettersson needs to be the star caliber players we've all seen he could be. Either way this series should be a lot more entertaining than the first round "for both teams", and should be a lot of fun to watch. I want who ever that wins the series to win the cup. It's been 30+ years now since the cup has been in Canada, it's time for a Canadian team to win it.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
And the Oilers beat the lowly Kings. 😂
They’ve yet to beat a top team in the playoffs even with their stars firing on all cylinders.
Didn’t they beat Calgary a few years ago?

Or since they lost to the oilers they aren’t considered a top team anymore

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Let’s be clear.

The rioting is not comparable when one city has articles talking about its decimating impact a decade later and the other had regular drunken rowdiness after a playoff game.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
In my unbiased opinion, I think you give the offense edge to Edmonton, but Canucks defense is better.

Canucks goaltending has been great but is still kind of unknown. If Demko came back that changes and gives them the nod.

Oilers PP is other worldly. But Canucks PK has been on fire too.

Let's say Miller against McDavid line, Lindholm vs Draisaitl line (unless they play together.) So it'll come down to depth players.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Riotous celebration by a couple good ol boys vs the literal murder of a city.

See the difference, Canucks fans?

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Wait till Tuesday, you'll see. Your team is D is garbage.

Oilers and Canucks were both top 10 teams for goals against this year.

221 GA for the Canucks and 232 GA for the Oilers

And the Canucks have a vastly superior goaltender and a Norris nominee on the back end. It's a lot closer than you think

Since Knoblauch was hired and Campbell was sent to the minors the Oilers actually have less goals against than Van

185 for the Oilers and 188 for the Canucks

I get that you're jacked up for this series but you're making Canucks fans look pretty bad in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad