Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
And we all saw the same from Oilers fans, telling us all year, we were lucky and would never make the playoffs, then would never win a series, my favourite is the members of your fan base trying to convince us that Bouchard is a better dman than Hughes, kind of like how you all tried to sell the rest of the league that Nurse was somehow a #1 Dman after you guys signed him. Again common sense, doesn't seem to exist in Edmonton.
There's Canucks fans that have stated EP is better than Matthews.

Canucks fans man, common sense doesn't seem to exist.

See how this works?

Reactions: OilynutEsquire

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
You guys did it first.

"Edmonton Oilers fans flooded Whyte Avenue to celebrate the Oilers victory over the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim to advance to the Stanley Cup finals Saturday May 27, 2006. Fans later set fire to telephone booths, wood pallets and street signs Stanley Cup Finals. Firefighters put out numerous fires and the crowd eventually dispersed under the watch of a heavy police presence. (CP PHOTO/Jason Scott)."
huh? did you forget 1994?

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
And we all saw the same from Oilers fans, telling us all year, we were lucky and would never make the playoffs, then would never win a series, my favourite is the members of your fan base trying to convince us that Bouchard is a better dman than Hughes, kind of like how you all tried to sell the rest of the league that Nurse was somehow a #1 Dman after you guys signed him. Again common sense, doesn't seem to exist in Edmonton.
Bouchard has been better in the playoffs for sure!

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I know you guys like to think any trophy not won by McDavid is meaningless but yes our blueline is miles better. I realize that hockey fans have issues with understanding that short defensemen can be the best at their position, but Hughes actually defends unlike Darnell (and does it for less!)

Hope that helps!
Based on what?

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I’m honestly not sure how this series will go. The Canucks haven’t been able to score much since the All Star break, but they do better against looser teams, and while Skinner has been solid most of the year since a bad start, he’s not without the potential for a weaker series. Meanwhile, the team has been quite stingy since the break as well, but nobody can really stop McDavid, and Draisaitl has historically played well against them too. And while Silovs has had a strong playoffs so far, he’s still not Demko.

I do think Edmonton is the better team, but while this year’s regular season is skewed by when they took place, I also think the Canucks match up decently with them. The previous two years they had a terrible record against the Oilers, but managed to keep things close with the goals being 10-11 last year, and every game a 1 goal game the year before, despite the Canucks being a worse team. I suspect Edmonton will win, but I could see anything happen between an Oilers sweep to a Canucks win in 7.

Realistically I just want to see a good series at this point. Nashville was entertaining from the aspect of the games being so tight, but it wasn’t really great hockey to watch. The argument about this year being “house money” because it’s about experience for the Canucks is flawed because it’s not like the team is super young, and it’ll be hard to keep everyone let alone improve the roster for next year. Still, I think making the second round is more than meeting expectations going into the year.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I feel like the Oilers are the better team. McDavid and Draistil are much more suited for physical hockey than a lot of the Canucks top guys (Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser) and quite frankly much better players.

The Canucks do have a very annoying tendency to score with ease on the Oiler goalies though so they can certainly win.

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Classic, a Nucks fan who has an opinion and claims it's "facts".

We'll see who's defense holds up in this series
Do you need me to link the Wikipedia article for the Norris trophy? I get that you haven’t had a defenseman worthy of one since Pronger but surely you know of it’s existence.

Or is everyone else but Oilers fans wrong about how phenomenal Hughes is? I wonder.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Classic, a Nucks fan who has an opinion and claims it's "facts".

We'll see who's defense holds up in this series
So the deeper one? So that Canucks?

I feel like the Oilers are the better team. McDavid and Draistil are much more suited for physical hockey than a lot of the Canucks top guys (Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser) and quite frankly much better players.

The Canucks do have a very annoying tendency to score with ease on the Oiler goalies though so they can certainly win.
1714842516509.gif

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Just wait till we play a team without that defensive structure, hmmm, kind of like an oilers team with an absolute garbage team d........
"garbage D" yet we finished with less GA than the defensive juggernaut Preds and top 10 in the league...someone doesn't watch hockey lol

Adrian Kempe has more proven pedigree than Skinny Pete and his 0 goals...doubt the Oilers are scared of him

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
With a young goalie like Silovs, one of the biggest things in his favor is that he is new. There's no book on him yet. He likely will have a come-down, and his true worth will show. The great goalies will adjust and adapt as their weaknesses get more exposed.

The Oilers have a history of cracking a goalie and filling them with doubt, like they did with Markstrom.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Do you need me to link the Wikipedia article for the Norris trophy? I get that you haven’t had a defenseman worthy of one since Pronger but surely you know of it’s existence.

Or is everyone else but Oilers fans wrong about how phenomenal Hughes is? I wonder.
Is your only argument when it comes to defense cores the fact the Canucks have Quinn Hughes? :laugh:

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
I know one thing.. fans of both fanbases talking about absolute certainties is definitely interesting.

This is hockey and literally anything can happen so spouting off before the series has started doesn’t exactly scream intelligence

Reactions: Dieseloil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad