Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Man, I’ve got so many quotes on deck already for this series if it goes the way I believe it will.

The mental gymnastics we will see from VAN fans (among others) if the Oilers win could be in consideration for medals at Paris 2024.

I genuinely wish I could go through my life with that level of cognitive dissonance.

I think Vancouver could win, it is hockey after all. Wildly unpredictable but, to consider them having anything better than like 55% odds is either trolling or something else…. (use your imagination)

Either way. It will be fun.
Funny we feel the same about you guys, you know, having won nothing, having wasted a generational players entire career and building an abomination of a team defense and somehow rationalizing that you would still be able to destroy a team that wiped the floor with you all year, lol and before you bring up the Av's, let's not compare a team that knows how to win to one run by the biggest baby in the league.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Man, I’ve got so many quotes on deck already for this series if it goes the way I believe it will.

The mental gymnastics we will see from VAN fans (among others) if the Oilers win could be in consideration for medals at Paris 2024.

I genuinely wish I could go through my life with that level of cognitive dissonance.

I think Vancouver could win, it is hockey after all. Wildly unpredictable but, to consider them having anything better than like 55% odds is either trolling or something else…. (use your imagination)

I think anyone reading this thread as an objective third party would see a lot of trolling from both sides. Given the two fan bases, none of this is really surprising.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Funny we feel the same about you guys, you know, having won nothing, having wasted a generational players entire career and building an abomination of a team defense and somehow rationalizing that you would still be able to destroy a team that wiped the floor with you all year, lol and before you bring up the Av's, let's not compare a team that knows how to win to one run by the biggest baby in the league.
JT Miller no longer exist?

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I think anyone reading this thread as an objective third party would see a lot of trolling from both sides. Given the two fan bases, none of this is really surprising.
Well, based on my experience living in Vancouver in 2011, after everything is said and done, everyone in Vancouver will blame their poor behavior on Surrey and Duncan.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver

Ironic because it’s actually been the Oilers fans here doing mental gymnastics all season long with the Canucks, crying about PDO and whatnot as the Canucks swept the season series and won the division.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
The actual GDTs are going to be quiet, most fans on both sides are going to be infracted up the wazoo and stay away from the mains :laugh:

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Should be a fun series!

I'll be honest, as a Canucks fan I do not expect a win here, but I also haven't expected much from the team all year and they continually surprise me, so who knows. 🤷‍♂️

Crazy that it's been 30 years since our last meeting, yet the rivalry (at least among fans) appears to be near it's peak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad