Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Like I said Nashville played a solid defensive game, but this wasn't some elite never seen before defensive performance. The Canucks pissed away a lot of their chances and should not have had this close of a series with Nashville if they're truly as good as a lot in here are claiming.

Oilers don't need to do what Nashville did they actually have elite offence. I'm fine with people continuing to underrate Edmonton's team defence. This isn't the Edmonton Oilers of years past. Their team defence is miles ahead of even last year. They're not an elite defensive team, but they showed they're capable of being a top 10 defensive team this year.

Should be a good series.
Nashville was that good defensively . They did a much better job than what the Oilers are capable.

We will see what they are made of. Doubt they can match Nashville's defensive game. 😂

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Canucks will beat them once. Oilers will beat themselves once. Oilers in 6.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
and swept the season series.
Maybe the Canucks should add another pennant to Rogers Arena saying we swept Oilers in the regular season, they need some more up in Rogers Arena it's pretty bare in that ceiling

rea

Feb 8, 2011
This meme is going to be one fan base from beginning to end of this series, and I'm here for the entertainment
1000024819.gif

(also I'm trying to help push for a new thread before 12 PST just cuz 🤭)

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Nashville was that good defensively . They did a much better job than what the Oilers are capable.

We will see what they are made of. Doubt they can match Nashville's defensive game. 😂
Nashville was good defensively. They weren't "that good". The rest of their game was miserable. We'll have to agree to disagree.

With that said I'm not sure why you would think the Oilers would need to match that defensive game. The Oilers offensive game is light years ahead of Nashville's in every way.

Reactions: rea

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
You would think that a multibillion dollar company can afford to keep two teams of broadcasters on staff so that the fans of each team can have the best viewing experience.

Sportsnet can then have two feeds, each to home audiences, and sell local ads, on top of the national ads on the other channels for the rest of the country.

They can sell the same amount of ads for each network, regardless of having split commentating team or not.

And Rogers way overextended themselves on the exclusive NHL rights deal for Canada. They've been hacking and slashing anyone and anything possible ever since. There's no way they'd spend on a fully independent second broadcast team. It just makes zero sense.

Even back when CBC were in their golden age with HNIC pre-Rogers...they still never would've even considered a split broadcast for a playoff series like this. It's insane.

And in this case, i really don't even think it matters. Canucks fans are way too offended by Singh being some "Oilers homer" when it's generally pretty mild. DeBrusk usually does a pretty decent job of burying his bias as well (and hopefully we get him, because Canucks Colour Analyst option is far far worse). It's especially funny to me, when it seems like most Oilers fans really do not even care for Singh anyway...as this supposedly huge "homer" play by play guy.

If the Leafs flunk out...the easy solution is just to assign the Cuthbert team to the All Canadian matchup. But even if the Leafs do blow it...that's far from a guarantee. And as a Canucks fan...i honestly still don't care.

Singh is fine. I can't stand him saying "Bouche Bomb" every thirty seconds. And he's far from a perfect play-by-play guy. But he's fine. I don't know why he gets under so many people's skin so badly. Other than...he actually brings some personality to the gig, unlike most modern PBP guys?

Reactions: MessierII

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Whatever the result just want the Canucks to play hard.
It’s not the hill I am dying it’s goaltending, the Oilers are just going to be too much.

They can effectively roll out 3 lines:

Who gives a f***- McDavid - Hyman

Who gives a f*** - Draisaitl- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Kane - Perry - who gives a f***

This is very hard to stop.

Plus the Oilers won’t be like the Preds, they will take 30-40 shots per game.

Chill buddy, no need for the swear words game one hasn’t even started haha.

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
They contained him pretty well in all those 4 regular season games, especially the 8-1 game that Caused Oilers to go on a long losing streak and lose confidence lol
McDavid didn’t play in the 4th one. Tons of falsehoods in a lot of your posts.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Nashville was good defensively. They weren't "that good". The rest of their game was miserable. We'll have to agree to disagree.

With that said I'm not sure why you would think the Oilers would need to match that defensive game. The Oilers offensive game is light years ahead of Nashville's in every way.
Yea I won't be one of the fans trying to downplay edm team play, nor hang a hat on regular season record. Your team is a unit, and trying to compare defensive capabilities is irrelevant. Records as far as I give a fk are 0-0 so I'm not gonna wish yall luck, but I hope for an entertaining series w my team coming out on top, and much entertainment reading all the arrows back n forth on here. See u all game 1.🤝

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yea I won't be one of the fans trying to downplay edm team play, nor hang a hat on regular season record. Your team is a unit, and trying to compare defensive capabilities is irrelevant. Records as far as I give a fk are 0-0 so I'm not gonna wish yall luck, but I hope for an entertaining series w my team coming out on top, and much entertainment reading all the arrows back n forth on here. See u all game 1.🤝
Looking forward to it. Should be a more entertaining series for both teams compared to their round 1 matchup.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
These videos don't help you. Maybe he beat *checks notes* Cole Smith (?), but even Adrian Kempe (!) handled JT Miller. Adrian Kempe.
Miller did not lose a single one of those fights. In fact he decisively won two of them and edged out a win in the third. You need to choose your words more carefully. Or I don't know, maybe you're just not as well-informed as you think you are.

"Miller would get dusted like he has been in literally every fight he's been in."

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

And that's exactly why this is a brand new series. The Oilers aren't going to match Nashville's defensive structure because they know what they've got offensively and they're going to run with that instead.

Vancouver are built a lot better to counter that sort of team on their own strength as a defensive unit. Score their offense off the counterattack.

It's not just some abstract EANHL "offense rating" and "defence rating" assigned per team. It's about how they actually match up. And that's a bit of a seesaw. Where Edmonton's better and far more aggressive offensive game combined with looser defensive game, has the potential to really elevate Vancouver's offensive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad