Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
How could anyone watch the first round and come away with "Nashville is so much better than LA"

The delusional takes in this thread. LA was better than the Canucks in the regular season... The Oilers have been historically dominant against Nashville.

Regular season means nothing and I think recent playoff experience is the much better measuring stick.

Hope the business owners on Granville have insurance for the mouth breathing neanderthals that riot when they get bopped in 5 games.
The only playoff experience this oilers group have is losing and disappointment. They have never won it

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I mean I am a canucks fan I hate the oilers, I just dont see how they win this series. I really dont care for tocchets old school offesive system playing around the boards, then get it out front and crash the net and try tips. Its so hard to pull off as you seen they had trouble scoring.

Glad they beat nashville who is a really scruby team on paper, but they cant beat edmonton unless they find another gear.
PO are about matchups. Game plan is some combo of maximizing what you do best, limiting the exposure to your weaknesses, then negating what the opposition does well, and trying to attack their weakness.

Not going to play Edm in the same manner you play Nash. Different firepower up front plus Nash had Jossi a Norris trophy candidate and McDonaugh, playoff performer on the blueline. Plus Saros is a shorter goalie so more emphasis on traffic in front of the net.

Expect Tocchet to tweak the game plan for Edm. See how it plays out.

Despote

Mar 21, 2023
LA never forechecks unlike Preds, LA has weaker D than Preds, LA doesnt have a goalie like Saros. LA was the weakest team in playoffs aside from Caps.
If LA has a shitty goaltender and a weak D, how did they have the 3rd lowest goals against in the league?

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If LA has a shitty goaltender and a weak D, how did they have the 3rd lowest goals against in the league?
cause Vancouver is the best team in the league and Nashville gave them struggles and Edmonton is the worst in the league and Edmonton beat LA. Logic, duh.

Reactions: CoffeyMcMan

DiggerDan

Jul 22, 2003
Canada
hfboards.com
This is going to be an incredibly exciting series. Oiler's are obviously the favorites, regardless of regular season results. Vast majority of the pressure is on Edmonton.

It's a tall task for the Canucks, and you have to expect that if McDrai can't get through them, it will have serious consequences for the future of the core.

The Canucks O was not good against Nashville. If that turns around and they get better goaltending than Skinner can provide, it's going to be very interesting. Can hardly wait for this Canadian series. Game on!

Reactions: DFAC

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Being gifted pps will do that
Dounghty's Marchand like penalty immunity seems to have worn off with refs. That and the fact they didn't fall for the dives.

If the refs don't fall for nuck dives this won't be a close series. ;)

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Vancouver still has that edge in goal lol. Again Silovs beat Saros twice and their team blocks every shot.
Silovs is an unknown. He did well, against Nashville's offense. He's about to enter a trial by fire. Oilers have more gifted players and will force the Nucks into taking penalties. After Silovs gets his net filled on the PK a few times we'll see how his confidence holds up

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
I really hope the Canucks win. But I’m guessing Oilers in 5 or 6. Oilers are a whole different level offensively than the Preds for a young goalie like Silovs. Petey is gonna have to find something quick for Canucks to have a chance.

It will be nice to watch a whole different style of hockey though. That was a painful watch for 6 games

Reactions: Angry Little Elf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad