Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
“And as Oilers coach I know there is only one way to fix that: if Connor and Leon were playing together last game split them up. If they were playing on different lines put them together.”

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Seems pretty clear to me which coach has got his team executing their gameplan and getting buy in throughout the roster. Oilers have had a real tough time breaking out of their zone this series minus game 4. They've got two D that can make a good breakout pass, Canucks have had the right idea forechecking the shit out of this blueline rather than the Kings who tried to sit back in the 1-3-1.

Vancouver winning the physical battle wasn't really what I expected though, goes to show the value of having some big mobile beef on the backend in the playoffs.

Brian Burke approves of this message!

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Dallas or rangers or avalanche would sweep
I think people need to stop talking about sweeps especially when you get to final 8. How many sweeps where there innthese playoffs? And you think a Tocchet coached team will get swept that easily? Zadorov himself will take a chunk out of a team before they can even sweep them. Also Demko will be fresh and healthy when he comes back while the opponents goalie are not as fresh.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant

Forget the slow mow the real time in this clip if you are in Petterssons skates what do you do with Foegle coming at you to finish his check?

Even Craig Simpson the pro Oiler pbp guy is like wtf lol

Edit: Keep in mind Pettersson also got crushed by Nurse in this series it looked brutal and not called. What is the guy supposed to do?

I guess we need rules on how a player can absorb a hit, because that’s what y did
An actual NHL ref: “I can’t explain that one. That is the worst call of the entire playoffs.”

Oilers fans: “That is the most obvious charge we have ever seen.”
Which ref said that?

Reactions: geebster

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Edmonton should go after Ullmark in the offseason. I would throw in Carolina but I'd prefer him to go to a team I can stand

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Yea Vancouver is cringe for supporting their players even through a enormous slump. What a shit fan base.

I’ll boo from home. We aren’t gonna be chanting LETS GO STEWEY like some cringe crowds. :sarcasm:

Hockey gods are mysterious and cruel sometimes. I strongly believe that "goalposts is not good goaltending" and "let's go Petey" has connections to the GWG in Game 5.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Well it’s been a good series, SS. Good luck against the Stars!

Your aboard the Pickard train eh?

I haven't been overly impressed with him tbh, he's made some nice saves but feels very beatable. Skinner has higher upside/some bounce back potential but hasnt been able to give them a big save.

I don't know what I would do if I was Knoblauch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad