Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
Doesnt change the fact that Bouchard would still have the same reaction 🤣

Yeah

Bouchard is probably the most inept D in his the defensive zone of his generation. I have never seen him make a heady play in his own zone, or not look dumb founded when he misses the puck / man / play.

The guy should just convert to forward, and stop the pretense by lining up as a D.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Big Frank was on Sekeres and Price. Price takes a shot at Edmonton's defense and Frank gets pissy at him. There's a big disagreement about Edms defense

Around 52:00 in.

Why though? It’s common knowledge Edmonton doesn’t have good defence

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Franky has a big bet on the Oilers winning the series.
Dude seems to have aged alot looking like a 70 year old instead of 30. Must be because he bets on Oilers winning the cup every year and losing big 🤣

Wheres all the Oiler fans at. Its just not the same without them in here. When we lost game 4 I was still here talking my shit .
They are not as brave or thick skinned as Canucks fans.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
I’m not looking to “win”. I am stating why I understand the call and think it was deserved.

Counterpoint, show me all the charging penalties and that this has never happened. You rightfully wont, it’s a waste of time as would it be for me to look through every charge to find an exact instance to this. Your asking for something I and no other person would do.

I’ve already addressed the “skating into” point you are trying to make. You can skate into a player, you cannot jump into them. He meant to hit the player and he jumped, I’ve said this multiple times yet keep getting mid-quoted.

Watch games; look for players that jump as they're about to be hit.

Bennett in BOS v FLA just jumped into a hit. Penalty calls no where to be found. It happens a lot.

The only difference I see is Pettersson just happened to do it so well it knocked the guy as on his ass.

It is what it is but to declare this as a definitive interpretation of the rules is false.

(As I type this, Marchand just jumped from a hit and made contact with the hitter. Nothing.)

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
At the end of the day, it's a penalty. We can argue semantics on it being called a Charging penalty, but it's still a pretty obvious call using Interference, Elbowing, Hit to the head, a number of other names. You can't just jump into a hit, or if you're going to do it, make it less obvious.

It absolutely isn't and you're 100% wrong.

Show me *any* time when any player has been called for that. You can't.

Meanwhile, watch a game, and look for a player jumping into a hit to counter the hit. I just watched it twice BOS v FLA.

Announcers even said they have literally never seen someone called for charging when they had the puck. It was a bizarre nonsensical call.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019

Bennett in BOS v FLA just jumped into a hit. Penalty calls no where to be found. It happens a lot.

The only difference I see is Pettersson just happened to do it so well it knocked the guy as on his ass.

It is what it is but to declare this as a definitive interpretation of the rules is false.

(As I type this, Marchand just jumped from a hit and made contact with the hitter. Nothing.)
I’ve migrated my conversation of this to the poll thread that was made so if you’d like to respond there if you desire to, long story short, imo: Petey attempted a reverse hit and that’s the difference. Getting hit and jumping is not the same as attempting to hit and jumping.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021

Plus its playoffs and they dont even call boarding penalties that hapoebed 10 times in Canucks game yet they give a penalty to petersson for jumping 5 inches. Pretty soft and pathetic penalty, especially when Oilers keep embellishing every hit and dive every chance they get. My sister would still be standing if 160 pound petersson jumped up next to her yet the oilers player milks it for all its worth.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I’ve migrated my conversation of this to the poll thread that was made so if you’d like to respond there if you desire to, long story short, imo: Petey attempted a reverse hit and that’s the difference. Getting hit and jumping is not the same as attempting to hit and jumping.
It prob is a penalty I just didn't like it. After the Oilers had like 3 in a row to start. And after watching Nurse drive Petey head first from behind into the boards with no call it just seemed like wtf. But end of the day yea it prob was a penalty. Calling it charging seems weird though .

Reactions: Avsfan1921

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
It prob is a penalty I just didn't like it. After the Oilers had like 3 in a row to start. And after watching Nurse drive Petey head first from behind into the boards with no call it just seemed like wtf. But end of the day yea it prob was a penalty. Calling it charging seems weird though .
So what do you call it? It shouldn’t be a penalty.

Edit: Ugh didn’t realize I was back in this thread :D

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Frank says that the advanced stats show that Edmonton's defense has been one of the best in the league in the latter half
Frank is always wrong about these things and hockey aint baseball. There is physicality and contact in the game that can make the stat useless. If stats were so important, Oilers would have swept the Canucks already with their 100% PP but they are not.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
So what do you call it? It shouldn’t be a penalty.

Edit: Ugh didn’t realize I was back in this thread :D
Not sure. But jumping into a reverse hit the way he did isn't exactly clean. I'm conflicted on the play. It's kinda 50/50 to me. But I can see it being called in the future. Not sure I've ever seen someone jump into a reverse hit like Petey did. f*** i donno man.

Let me drink on it and get back to you. I see it from both sides.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad