Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Deranged Oreo Dolphins putting the Oilers on the brink of elimination. Good for them. I am actually surprised about this ever since Demko went down. It’s really turning out to be a nice story for them.

Will we see the Oreo Dolphins vs The Paper Tigers? for the WCF? lol

Last edited:

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Oilers honestly bowing out to this Canucks team is more embarrassing than them losing to the Knights last season. IMO it just further presses the need for an elite goalie and depth. Cant argue the latter because their depth did show up, but Pickard as your backup is not good enough. Stuart Skinner aint it. I hope he likes New Jersey or Colorado

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Oilers honestly bowing out to this Canucks team is more embarrassing than them losing to the Knights last season. IMO it just further presses the need for an elite goalie and depth. Cant argue the latter because their depth did show up, but Pickard as your backup is not good enough. Stuart Skinner aint it. I hope he likes New Jersey or Colorado

But why would either team trade for Skinner? Both teams should take a run at Swayman

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Deranged Oreo Dolphins putting the Oilers on the brink of elimination. Good for them. I am actually surprised about this ever since Demko went down. It’s really turning out to be a nice story for them.

Will we see the Oreo Dolphins vs The Paper Tigers? for the WCF? lol
If Vancouver wins this series, I’m changing my name

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
Last I checked the Poll was

1. Oilers in 7
2. Nucks in 6
3. Nucks in 7

2 of the top 3 were Nucks winning yet I keep reading about what underdogs the Nucks are and how everyone thinks it'll be a sweep.
The 4th, very close behind % wise to 2 and 3, was Edmonton winning in 5.
If you look at the overall %, 32.5% picked Oilers in 6 and a combined 34% picked Vancouver in either 6 or 7. Include Edmonton in 5 games, that's an overall of 48% of votes for Edmonton to win in 5 or 6, compared to the 34% for Nucks in 6 or 7. The majority of sports experts also picked Edmonton to win.

Reactions: ziploc

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
The problem is Foegele is initiating the contact not him. He's ultimately responding to Foegele barring down on him. He had the puck & his back was to Foegele after-all.
It’s just funny to see all the hits that have gone uncalled slewfoots and all but you’re going to make that call. It’s weak the precedent has been set in this series that slew foots are allowed (multiple slew foots) but not allowed to throw a back hit. Wild stuff.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Charging is when a player:

1. Jumps to check an opponent.

Pretty simple. Dont jump and there is no call. I seriously dont get why people bitch about this. Pretty easy call to make for ref
The players, coaches, and announcers in the arena were all confused by that call. Retired players and referees have since said that's not a penalty.

It's not a penalty and it never gets called. Don't act like this is some kind of standard thing when it's not and stop posting half the rule.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
The players, coaches, and announcers in the arena were all confused by that call. Retired players and referees have since said that's not a penalty.

It's not a penalty and it never gets called. Don't act like this is some kind of standard thing when it's not and stop posting half the rule.
But Ron MacLean said it was, and he is as impartial as it gets.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
It's not over yet....

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Its not over though, for all the goal tending complaints on the Oilers side these have all been one goal games. I guess the only game you can really blame on Skinner was game 1 because the team in front of him thought it was over after 4-1.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
Still don’t get it. McDavid was pretty right on in this one. Oilers were better 1st period, didn’t do enough. Vancouver better team for last 40mins, got a bounce at the end that they probably deserved. Gotta try to win the next one.

Just saying exactly what happened
Did you even watch that game? Pettersson made a nifty play to redirect the puck with his skate. It then goes off the post and Miller cleans it up. Not a bounce.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Fun?! You think this is fun?!

Haha… My wife tells me I’m a toxic person to watch a hockey game with in the playoffs, and it isn’t fun at all. I was thinking that last night as I was screaming at the ice in the first, is this really the definition of fun? Haha.

I guess that’s the plight of being a passionate hockey fan.
I feel for you.

I get called that a lot, and it makes me feel awful every time.

Sykur

Apr 11, 2011
Leaving your feet for any reason should never be encouraged. Players have sharp blades strapped to their feet, it is the most dangerous part of their equipment. There is no circumstance where it would ever be a good idea to jump, leap, high step, kick, or otherwise lift the sharp blades from the ice in any form of movement other than skating. And if it involves an opposing player it should always be a foul. That's how freak accidents occur (do you want more Malarchuks? Because that's how you get more Malarchuks).

For this reason I am okay with Petey getting a penalty. But it shouldn't be Charging. The ref called it that because "jumping" is in the description for Charging. But any catch-all penalty like Interference or Roughing would have been better. It's the right foul, but the wrong call.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Its not over though, for all the goal tending complaints on the Oilers side these have all been one goal games. I guess the only game you can really blame on Skinner was game 1 because the team in front of him thought it was over after 4-1.
Game 3 too.

I think the Oilers lost an 100% winnable game from Skinner

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Still don’t get it. McDavid was pretty right on in this one. Oilers were better 1st period, didn’t do enough. Vancouver better team for last 40mins, got a bounce at the end that they probably deserved. Gotta try to win the next one.

Just saying exactly what happened

The reason that bounce meant anything is because McDavid stopped skating and left Miller alone in the slot with 30 seconds again, so it's extremely ironic for McDavid to say it was just a bounce when it's his fault that bounce meant anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad