Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
362 Oilers in 6 votes go down.
Last I checked the Poll was

1. Oilers in 7
2. Nucks in 6
3. Nucks in 7

2 of the top 3 were Nucks winning yet I keep reading about what underdogs the Nucks are and how everyone thinks it'll be a sweep.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Regardless of who you're cheering for this series is taking years off of all the fans lives. I am a massive Canucks fans but as a fan of hockey in general and this series has been fantastic.

4th game is the hardest to win and the Oilers are not going to fold so the Canucks will have to take this game away from the Oilers with everything they have. This is far from over.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'm not going to comment on specific calls, but I will say I think the Canucks got the short end of the stick last night by the refs. It was nice that they put their whistles away towards the mid point of the 3rd though.

Canucks were notably the better team for the last 40 minutes of the game. It didn't really seem to matter who was on the ice, they would turn it up quick and start pressuring. Obvious Edmonton still had their chances, but they looked spent.

With that said, that means nothing going in to Game 6. Canucks looked pretty spend in Game 4, and they managed to pull it together nicely for Game 5 after an abysmal start (partially due to penalties). I am hopeful the Canucks can end this in 6, but, if I put my neutral fan hat on for a moment, I have a feeling this series goes 7.
I'm not supposed to like him or give him credit as he is the enemy, but I really respected the way Tocchet dealt with things.

I think both teams had either weird calls against or missed calls, but Van definitely got the short end of the stick last night. But Mr.Tocchet kept it pretty respectful behind the bench. Even though it looked like he was gonna put his first through the glass.

Gary Bets Man

"All bets are off."
Feb 4, 2015
That's very understandable, you are an Oilers fan, your team captain is the biggest whinner in the league.

Gotta watch Oilers post game interview!
That's very understandable, you are an Oilers fan, your team captain is the biggest whinner in the league.

Gotta watch Oilers post game interview!
Still don’t get it. McDavid was pretty right on in this one. Oilers were better 1st period, didn’t do enough. Vancouver better team for last 40mins, got a bounce at the end that they probably deserved. Gotta try to win the next one.

Just saying exactly what happened

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
That was the best I've seen a PK play against our PP in consecutive attempts in a long time. Very aggressive, active sticks, props to them. The game probably changes if we pot on our two on our early PP chances, then Vancouver took over the game. Pickard played very well to keep it close, I thought we might've been able to steal that game but the better team won last night. Onto game 6
I think one PP goal and the beast comes out in Leon and Connor, so good on the Nucks for finding away to look the best against our PP all year.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I think the Canucks have had a lot go there way in this series but they deserved to win that game. They played hard and the Oilers looked flat, sloppy in their passing, lots of fumbling of the puck. They just didn't play well. With the next game being in Edmonton, I could see this going seven games though. The margins for error are razer thin in this series.

If the Oilers lose, this season is a complete failure and good luck to the next GM, he will have lots of work to do.

Reactions: joestevens29

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
I think one PP goal and the beast comes out in Leon and Connor, so good on the Nucks for finding away to look the best against our PP all year.
Honestly every time that PP walks out the ice I am like here's a goal coming but the Nucks PK is finding a way to limit the goals.

Sometimes a team just has to get it done at ES

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Honestly every time that PP walks out the ice I am like here's a goal coming but the Nucks PK is finding a way to limit the goals.

Sometimes a team just has to get it done at ES
Tocchet finally putting Petersson with some more skill scared me going into the game and once I saw it I knew we'd be in trouble.

Generally we've been out playing Vancouver 5 on 5, but once they now had three lines going it was a disaster for a team that generally has had only a couple lines going. Then when our 4th line finally steps up the top line steps down :laugh:

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Tocchet finally putting Petersson with some more skill scared me going into the game and once I saw it I knew we'd be in trouble.

Generally we've been out playing Vancouver 5 on 5, but once they now had three lines going it was a disaster for a team that generally has had only a couple lines going. Then when our 4th line finally steps up the top line steps down :laugh:

The PDO frauds are shooting at 13%!

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
That's why you don't throw 4-1 leads down the drain. You won't be better every game, so you need to win the games you are better in.

The mental/performance issues this team has, I'm half a mind to not care if we lose in 7 anymore. Now this just feels like a race to get swept in the next round. Turned a fairly easier series into a slog and most likely a loss.
The “swept in th next round” thing rarely happens

Everyone thought the Bruins wouldn’t win a game against Florida

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Is this the first Canucks will be swept in round 3 Oilers prediction before the Canucks - Oilers series even ends?
Canucks or Oilers

In seriousness... I do think we are the weaker half and Avs and Stars are better than both our teams. Of course, reffing, injuries, luck, goalies falling apart, goalies heating up... anything can happen in 7 games. Eg. who was predicting PIckard vs Silovs in Game 7 before playoffs began?lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The “swept in th next round” thing rarely happens

Everyone thought the Bruins wouldn’t win a game against Florida
The best was the Czech media. World Championships are in Prague right now and Czechs want Pasta badly. Everyday I read about how B's will be eliminted.. then the B's win.lmao

Reactions: nbwingsfan

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Canucks were easily the better team, Oilers looked like they want to be done

McDavid has to find a way to get going, have never seen a team shut him down this effectively before

Reactions: zar

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I've maintained it's going 7 the whole time. I still think that but Nuck's definitely have a foot on our throat right now! Should be 'fun' next game.

Fun?! You think this is fun?!

Haha… My wife tells me I’m a toxic person to watch a hockey game with in the playoffs, and it isn’t fun at all. I was thinking that last night as I was screaming at the ice in the first, is this really the definition of fun? Haha.

I guess that’s the plight of being a passionate hockey fan.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Canucks or Oilers

In seriousness... I do think we are the weaker half and Avs and Stars are better than both our teams. Of course, reffing, injuries, luck, goalies falling apart, goalies heating up... anything can happen in 7 games. Eg. who was predicting PIckard vs Silovs in Game 7 before playoffs began?lol

Really? I could see either of these teams giving DAL / COL a serious run for their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad