Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
One more thing. How do McDavid and Draisaitl usually do in the last 2-3 games of a series in which they average 26 minutes a night with games every other night? I know they’re freaks of nature and I’m assuming they’re both fully healthy, but should we expect more uncharacteristic brain farts or less bursts of speed as the series gets rougher, tougher, and they get relied on more?
Saying this without going back to fact check any minutes or numbers, but there were definitely brain farts in games 5 and 6 against Vegas last year, at least from Draisaitl.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
You can't be serious.

We came into this season trying to stop being a garbage fire.

Your stars came into this season saying, and I quote "It's cup or bust".

The fact that we had a better season, while still lacking much playoff experience, doesn't make us a favorite over a team at your point in the competitive cycle.

Unless you're saying you think the Oilers are already failures by the metric of 'cup or bust' and it will be complete fluky luck should they actually get there?

Is that not the mentality of almost playoff team? I mean, not every team merely looks for respect in the handshake line.

Reactions: Coffey

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
Is that not the mentality of almost playoff team? I mean, not every team merely looks for respect in the handshake line.
No.

Every team wants to win the cup, but like 5 or less teams view anything less as an abject failure the way that your leaders spoke about it on the eve of training camp.

Reactions: madrigal77

snag

Feb 22, 2014
No.

Every team wants to win the cup, but like 5 or less teams view anything less as an abject failure the way that your leaders spoke about it on the eve of training camp.

Since you insist. it wasn't on the eve of training camp. It was in their Round 2 exit presser last year.
Yeah they said it, but get it right.

• Haha
Reactions: madrigal77

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
It’s not facts. The actual facts is that Vancouver was the #1 seed and swept the Oilers in the regular season. They beat them so bad in Game 1, it got the team spiraling for months and the coach fired.

Vancouver has bullied the Oilers all year. I think saying Edmonton is the favourite is just a reason to bash the Oilers more if they lose and to diminish their accomplish if they win.
Why did 99% of analysts pick Oilers? Canucks also didn't have one of their best players in Demko which only solidified ppl picking the Oilers. Face it Oilers don't meet expectations.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Saying this without going back to fact check any minutes or numbers, but there were definitely brain farts in games 5 and 6 against Vegas last year, at least from Draisaitl.

Yes, but it also seems to me that Draisaitl is healthier than he was last year, maybe that will help.
I would say last year he was playing through serious pain, while this year it is more like a bit of discomfort.

Will have to wait and see, but the Canucks shouldn't (and I don't think they will) rely on Drai slowing down and/or McDavid not suddenly going supernova.
I'd say Vancouver has done a very good job so far and anyone who counts out the winner of this series might be in for a rude awakening.

Do I think the Stars or Avs would be favourites in the WCF? Yes, but not by much.
Both Vancouver and Edmonton are fully capable of making it to the SCF on the strength of their play and not because of some fluke.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
The Canucks are frauds and the Oil will sweep, and if they don't sweep it's because the Canucks are lucky, and if they're not lucky it's Skinner's fault, and if it isn't Skinner's fault then neither team will beat DAL/COL anyways so the loss doesn't matter.

Aug 3, 2021
if there are any edm fans left in here... can you all just admit you guys are PP merchants? Like it's not even worth denying or debating anymore just own it and you guys will be more respected lol.
They’ll be back for the game day thread where they’ll tell you they would have won this last game if *checks notes* things had been different! A very compelling argument.

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
The six worst players for the Oilers tonight were Hyman, McDavid, Bouchard, Ekholm, Nugent-Hopkins, and Draisaitl. Inexcusably poor performances for all of them, especially defensively.

Did Knob ruin his teams chance at a cup by overplaying his big guns? Guy is just another Woodcroft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad