Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Not a nucks fan but i do think they are better off sitting him the entire series (if not the playoffs) not to aggravate his injury.

From what i've seen most of the vancouver fanbase see pretty much everything after the nashville series as bonus content. If you guys manage to turn Demko into a borderline LTIR-retiree you will hate yourself for it.
You have no idea what his actual injury is (neither do I of course). If the Canucks make the next round, and Demko is ready you’re not leaving him out in the WCF.

Demko also will want to play, stopping him… could sour his relationship with the team.

Hopefully the doctors, team, and players figure this one out.

Caboose

Jan 16, 2019
Last edited:

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Not a nucks fan but i do think they are better off sitting him the entire series (if not the playoffs) not to aggravate his injury.

From what i've seen most of the vancouver fanbase see pretty much everything after the nashville series as bonus content. If you guys manage to turn Demko into a borderline LTIR-retiree you will hate yourself for it.

The reason we wouldn't be totally put out if we lost is because we don't have a healthy Demko. He's the most important player on the team and isn't there against 2 of the scariest forwards in the league. If Silovs wilts that wouldn't be totally surprising to me. This is not the best the Canucks can put forward when their Vezina candidate goalie isn't there.

If McDavid wasn't there I'm sure lots of Oilers fans wouldn't be expecting to beat most teams in the west and would be more OK with possibly losing.

Reactions: I am toxic

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Personally I would start Skinner if I were the Oilers coach, he's their guy. Start Pickard in game 6 if the Oil happen to lose this one.

But what do I know, I am not a NHL coach.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Personally I would start Skinner if I were the Oilers coach, he's their guy. Start Pickard in game 6 if the Oil happen to lose this one.

Woodcroft did that against Vegas last year...and Skinner didnt play better and we lost the series.

Reactions: sepHF

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Pickard began the third period. It was a performance pull in a few ways.
So.

Pickers gets the start tonight.

Campbell chased to the AHL, and now Skinner's tenure with the oil has ended.

Team defense is like water, and we all know what they say about oil and water.

Do people appreciate how good and what a perfect fit Fuhr was for the Oilers? I doubt it.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
If it wasn’t for the missed calls in game 2, especially the high stick double minor on Hughes, the Canucks would be up 3-0, could’ve swept tonight.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I’m not too worried about who the Oilers start in net tonight. Skinner, Pickard and Campbell are all similar goalies.
I expect a big push from Edmonton. Canucks will need to bring their A game which they have yet to play this series. No passengers tonight and need another big game from the third line against the Nurse-Ceci pairing who are minus six and minus eight this series.
Should be a great game!

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017

Skinner has been so bad that they have nothing to lose starting PIckard. Even if Pickard only makes the average, routine saves he will be an upgrade over Skinner. At least Pickard doesn't move with the speed and agility of a turtle.

Reactions: Iggys Dome

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Can we get some hate (activity really) in this thread today already? Bored as can be sitting on a flight and everyone is sleeping it feels like.

Really curious to see if the Oilers split up McDrai, and how many minutes each logs this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad