Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Paddys Pub

Jul 18, 2016
Port Coquitlam
This thread has been great.
It started with Oilers fans puffing their chest and shit talking with their usual classless bs.

Blow a lead and lose
Barely squeak out a win but it needs overtime.
The another loss because they just aren’t good enough.
All against the nucks 3rd string goalie I might add.

Now it’s just massive excuses and complaining about the refs, even though they are clearly favouring the oilers.

I still wouldnt be surprised if either team won, but this place is hilarious.

Angry Little Elf

My wife came back
Apr 9, 2012
Victoria B.C.
It started with Oilers fans puffing their chest and shit talking with their usual classless bs.

Blow a lead and lose

Now it’s just massive excuses and complaining about the refs, even though they are clearly favouring the oilers.

Everyone and their mothers knew the oilers were frauds. Depth and defense is not good enough for the playoffs

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I think as a canucks fan, if this makes the Oilers think twice about scrums with vancouver, it was worth it. I feel the constant physical presence already has changed the way they enter certain areas.

Soucy was playing banged up, could probably use the game off anyways, and gives juulsen some action to get more playoff experience, and keeps him ready. Gotta find the positives in all this. Playoffs are long, so getting your dmen some rest at any point can only help if you hope to have a long run. It comes at a time we currently have a games advantage too.

So if this helped in getting mentally into the oppositions heads a bit, while also resting a fairly important dman, well things could def be worse.

I can't wait for game 4!

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I love that Oiler fans are blaming Skinner for everything. As if their team defense isn't tragic. Draisaitil leaving his man Boeser all alone and open. Foegele giving us the puck. Skinner is just a scape goat . "All we need is avg goal tending and it would be 3-0". Absolutely classic.

I love the narrative that if only Skinner was average they'd curb stomp us. If we can just change fortunes like that, then Ian Cole isn't scoring on his own net three separate times. We'll just conveniently ignore Nurse/Ceci have been brutal or Boeser literally got to redo his initial shot attempt because nobody bothered to cover him when he missed the first time.

But yes, it's all Skinner.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
I love the narrative that if only Skinner was average they'd curb stomp us. If we can just change fortunes like that, then Ian Cole isn't scoring on his own net three separate times. We'll just conveniently ignore Nurse/Ceci have been brutal or Boeser literally got to redo his initial shot attempt because nobody bothered to cover him when he missed the first time.

But yes, it's all Skinner.
Don't forget blaming the refs!

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

Blow a lead and lose

Let's not pretend this isn't completely laughable both ways. Vancouver wins game 1, Oilers fans all disappear, Nucks fans talk all kinds of stuff. Edmonton wins game 2, Nucks fans all disappear, Oiler fans talk all kinds of crap, and then rinse and repeat after game 3. There's no fanbase that looks good or comes out being all high and mighty, the roles are just getting reversed depending on who wins lol.

That said, there's the exceptions to the rule, there's some good posters on both sides that have been civil and been here the whole time. Just gets drowned out by the masses of hysteria.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Gotta laugh at the Dallas/Avs shills in this thread. And aging Chris Tanev has been neutralizing Mackinnon. That doesn't scream elite battle to me.

Vancouver is the only team with 4 road wins in the playoffs

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Gotta laugh at the Dallas/Avs shills in this thread. And aging Chris Tanev has been neutralizing Mackinnon. That doesn't scream elite battle to me.

Vancouver is the only team with 4 road wins in the playoffs

Colorado looked so impressive against Winnipeg, they don't look like the same team in the 2nd round. Maybe it's something Dallas is doing, but they just look like they don't have the same jump.

Reactions: Brookbank and bh53

rea

Feb 8, 2011
Colorado looked so impressive against Winnipeg, they don't look like the same team in the 2nd round. Maybe it's something Dallas is doing, but they just look like they don't have the same jump.
Think every team just plays every other team different. Canucks success over x team does not guarantee success over y team just cuz x team dominated them.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Let's not pretend this isn't completely laughable both ways. Vancouver wins game 1, Oilers fans all disappear, Nucks fans talk all kinds of stuff. Edmonton wins game 2, Nucks fans all disappear, Oiler fans talk all kinds of crap, and then rinse and repeat after game 3. There's no fanbase that looks good or comes out being all high and mighty, the roles are just getting reversed depending on who wins lol.

That said, there's the exceptions to the rule, there's some good posters on both sides that have been civil and been here the whole time. Just gets drowned out by the masses of hysteria.
Except us Rider fans. We are always sticking around.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018

I think Dallas and Vancouver are built the same and playing against similar teams. MacKinnon is close enough to McDavid and Makar + Rantanen is basically Bouchard + Draisaitl

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I think Dallas and Vancouver are built the same and playing against similar teams. MacKinnon is close enough to McDavid and Makar + Rantanen is basically Bouchard + Draisaitl

Oilers fans would say they have the better team AINEC.

Avs fans would point at their cup.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Canucks in the driver's seat, but it ain't over yet (some Canucks' fans here seem unaware that it's not a best out of three).

I will say this: We haven't seen the Oilers play their best yet in the series. In fact, the Oilers kind of limped into the playoffs and only played well vs. Los Angeles in about two of the five games. And I don't think they've been great in any of the three games this series. There were moments in game two when they were great (the third period, mainly), but otherwise it's been a very poorly-played series by Edmonton so far.

As we saw a few times in the regular season, the Oilers are capable of suddenly going on a heater and winning 8 or 16 in a row. But they're sort of in the doldrums right now, not helped by Skinner's reversion to very poor goaltending after his quite-strong regular season.

Despite what some here seem to think, Edmonton is actually a decent defensive club. From mid-November to the end of the regular season, the Oilers were the #1 team in the NHL, and their team-defence was sixth-best (one place above Vancouver, which was also quite good). The Canucks have created relatively few high-danger scoring chances in the series, and have put only 61 shots on net, or an average of about 19 per 60-minutes. Given this, you would think the Oilers would up be 2-1 right now, not down 2-1, but the combination of bad goaltending and random brain-farts (see: Foegele in game three) have done the damage.

All of this is to say that if Edmonton finally brings its 'A' game in game four, the series will be tied 2-2. And at any point, the series can turn because Edmonton is capable of going on a massive heater.

From Vancouver's perspective, I feel like we've basically seen what they can do. They've played well -- probably about as well as can be expected.

In short, the Canucks are in command and should win the series from here, but if the Oilers bring that 'A' game in game four and tie the series, absolutely anything can happen.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Canucks in the driver's seat, but it ain't over yet (some Canucks' fans here seem unaware that it's not a best out of three).

I will say this: We haven't seen the Oilers play their best yet in the series. In fact, the Oilers kind of limped into the playoffs and only played well vs. Los Angeles in about two of the five games. And I don't think they've been great in any of the three games this series. There were moments in game two when they were great (the third period, mainly), but otherwise it's been a very poorly-played series by Edmonton so far.

As we saw a few times in the regular season, the Oilers are capable of suddenly going on a heater and winning 8 or 16 in a row. But they're sort of in the doldrums right now, not helped by Skinner's reversion to very poor goaltending after his quite-strong regular season.

Despite what some here seem to think, Edmonton is actually a decent defensive club. From mid-November to the end of the regular season, the Oilers were the #1 team in the NHL, and their team-defence was sixth-best (one place above Vancouver, which was also quite good). The Canucks have created relatively few high-danger scoring chances in the series, and have put only 61 shots on net, or an average of about 19 per 60-minutes. Given this, you would think the Oilers would up be 2-1 right now, not down 2-1, but the combination of bad goaltending and random brain-farts (see: Foegele in game three) have done the damage.

All of this is to say that if Edmonton finally brings its 'A' game in game four, the series will be tied 2-2. And at any point, the series can turn because Edmonton is capable of going on a massive heater.

From Vancouver's perspective, I feel like we've basically seen what they can do. They've played well -- probably about as well as can be expected.

In short, the Canucks are in command and should win the series from here, but if the Oilers bring that 'A' game in game four and tie the series, absolutely anything can happen.
Good post but you are wrong on one thing. Canucks haven’t played their best. Not even close. If both teams bring their A games then it’s a coin flip.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Oilers will make a big push tomorrow, team better bring their A game to get a good start.

If Pickard is in make life difficult for him, any reset they get from a new guy in the pipes needs to be quashed swiftly.

Run up goals on him quickly and watch their hopes fade more, knowing no one in the net can get it done for them.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad