Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Thoughts and prayers
Hughes is great and all, but

- he hasn't won the Norris yet (although he's prolly the most likely candidate)
- he's not the 'marketable face' of the league. Maybe he gets there. But he's not in the tier of guys like Crosby or whomever.
Yeah he’s won the Norris.
Maybe should just give every team one yellow jersey to place on a player that’s untouchable then. Level the playing field.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Canucks had this conundrum early in the Luongo era vs the Stars. AV didn't have a lot of firepower so instead of having a balanced 2 lines with Naslund and the Sedins, he put them all together.

It worked, but, it should be noted, the Canucks were a lot more defensively sound vs the Oilers.

But the Oilers might be able to run and gun their way through, still. Series is still early.
Lol Loungo vs Skinner? Are u kidding me 🤣🤣🤣

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Lol Loungo vs Skinner? Are u kidding me 🤣🤣🤣

It's hard to match the compete spirit of star goaltender Skinner, but maybe try reading the entire post where I pointed out that the Canucks back then were a lot sharper defensively.
Yeah he’s won the Norris.
Maybe should just give every team one yellow jersey to place on a player that’s untouchable then. Level the playing field.

I'd argue the league just needs to be more consistent. That's all.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I would normally think this would fire the Canucks up to come out blazing hot against McFavoured and the Oily Boys, but this team has been ice cool and even keeled all year. I expect Tocchet to have them ready to go, but still keeping their structure and system very much intact. There will be some heavy play but hopefully (looking at you Juulsen) nobody gets too out of position.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Hughes is great and all, but

- he hasn't won the Norris yet (although he's prolly the most likely candidate)
- he's not the 'marketable face' of the league. Maybe he gets there. But he's not in the tier of guys like Crosby or whomever.
Isn't Amazon doing a piece on Q Hughes? American captaining a Canadian franchise.

Royal Puck

Mar 6, 2015
I love that Oiler fans are blaming Skinner for everything. As if their team defense isn't tragic. Draisaitil leaving his man Boeser all alone and open. Foegele giving us the puck. Skinner is just a scape goat . "All we need is avg goal tending and it would be 3-0". Absolutely classic.

They have all seemed to magically disappear.

It's okay though, they just need one more 30 minute night from McDavid and a puck off Coles chest, and they'll all be back again to make it fun.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Isn't Amazon doing a piece on Q Hughes? American captaining a Canadian franchise.

I believe so, but he's not at that level 'yet.'

I'm not really trying to defend this logic, just acknowledging that it exists.

Naslund was in Nike commercials and he wasn't really protected, either. Is what it is.

WestCoast CyberG

Nov 5, 2018
Simply put, the oilers got caught with their pants down, after huffing their own farts and all the coddling from the league officials and national media. The preds would have rolled over them too. This oilers team is no better than the leafs, top heavy with no depth, and the goaltenders are always the scapegoat.

At least Auston Matthews doesn't have this view when looking out his living room :laugh::laugh:

mcdavid-oilers-2-500x258.jpg
Connor McDadbod, what is that? No wonder dude can’t score.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Simply put, the oilers got caught with their pants down, after huffing their own farts and all the coddling from the league officials and national media. The preds would have rolled over them too. This oilers team is no better than the leafs, top heavy with no depth, and the goaltenders are always the scapegoat.

At least Auston Matthews doesn't have this view when looking out his living room :laugh::laugh:

Preds woulda gave Oilers all sorts of trouble.

Reactions: ziploc

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

That view would be pretty nice if it wasn't the middle of October before the snow drops.

NailsHoglander

Feb 20, 2024
Was probably the deadest crowd I've ever seen there and it's the playoffs for crying out loud. I think that sums up the mentality of the on ice product as well at the moment.

One has to wonder how many Oilers fans actually hate the way their team plays. All of the worst qualities of the hated 2011 Canucks minus the elite defence and goaltending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad