Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver

While we're working this all out, Hyman also cross checked someone in the head

I mean.....he cross-checked someone in the face. There can be no other option than a suspension right?

He even went flying into the scrum, and *deliberately* raised his cross-check up into the face for a guy who's much taller than him. This one has no excuse based on the league's new standard. But you're allowed to cross-check a big meanie like Zadorov in the face, intentional or not. An incidental one on the golden boy is a different case.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Edmonton got a gift. The Canucks weren't the same without Saucy. The win/lose cycle in the regular season was all without Soucy

Reactions: M2Beezy

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
You realise all hockey games have several A+ chances right?
A goalies job is to save a few of them.

Skinner does not save a single one of them. He has the lowest Expected save% in the league by a landslide right now. The advanced stats are showing he is currently one of the worst goalies in the past 20 years when they started tracking shot quality.

He has poor positioning, poor mechanics, and poor reads. He doesn't cut angles, he doesn't challenge, and doesn't know when or how to poke, or be aggressive. I know its an easy narrative because defensive breakdowns? But EVERY goal ever scored is a defensive breakdown.

But I challenge you to show me a SINGLE save Skinner made this series that was post-to-post, or one that was spectacular. Show me a single video where he saves a shot that was destined to go in.

Even the best defensive teams occasionally allows a breakway.
Imagine EVERY breakaway is an automatic goal now. Imagine a goalie that can not save a single breakaway in an entire playoff series. That's currently how Skinner is playing.

He stopped Garland on a breakaway in game 1 going side to side.

I agree Skinner isn't good, and hasn't had a good series. But last night wasn't all on him, he had little chance on some glorious looks, despite it being pinned on him.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
What are you even talking about?

You’re the one that brought up intent when you brought up Trouba’s intended elbow in your examples.

You’re not even remembering your own points in your hurry to whine about McDavid.
The point about intent was that Trouba (and other incidents) had obvious intent to injure.

What I just said, and what is different about Soucy, is that the intent is benign. It's a scrum. Happens all the time.

Try to keep up, learn to read or something.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
He's a battler, though. He just needs to battle through this.

His compete level is off the charts and I think the worst thing the Oilers coach could do is not give him a vote of confidence and stick with his guy.
Pickard looked way faster and handled the puck good a couple times even in the few minutes we seen him . Why not go with him

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think in addition to the win the Canucks can take some positives out of last nights game despite being outshot badly once they grabbed the lead.

1. They proved that they could play a really physical game and mostly stay out of the box.
2. They forced the Oilers to become one line team and play McDrai almost 30 minutes.
3. They won in a hostile environment and are closer to getting back their starting goalie.
4. They sawed the Oilers off on the power play.

Still expect a long series but lots to like from last nights game.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I mean.....he cross-checked someone in the face. There can be no other option than a suspension right?

He even went flying into the scrum, and *deliberately* raised his cross-check up into the face for a guy who's much taller than him. This one has no excuse based on the league's new standard. But you're allowed to cross-check a big meanie like Zadorov in the face, intentional or not. An incidental one on the golden boy is a different case.
Yep. There is a categorical difference between Soucy and Hyman's cross-checks: Hyman's was intentionally in the face, and Soucy's was not. If Soucy's was worth 1 game, Hyman's should be worth 2 or 3.

But of course, if you breathe on McBabysh** and have a temper tantrum to the league, then they'll issue literally the only suspension of the playoffs. Anyone or anything else? Fair game.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
The point about intent was that Trouba (and other incidents) had obvious intent to injure.

What I just said, and what is different about Soucy, is that the intent is benign. It's a scrum. Happens all the time.

First of, getting cross checked in the neck doesn’t happen all the time and that’s why he’s suspended.

Second off, I never stated anything about intent in my original post except to indicate your examples sucked - and they do. So you’re not even arguing anything relevant. I agree - intent didn’t matter.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Skinner is the guy who got them this far. You need to show loyalty to your star players.
Nah, They need to try Pickard. The Canucks have been beating tf out of Skinner all year. Pickard could get hot

Away , it's still a wide open series. With no Saucy, the Canucks will be less able in their own end. The win one lose one streak stopped when Soucy came back from injury

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
First of, getting cross checked in the neck doesn’t happen all the time and that’s why he’s suspended.

Second off, I never stated anything about intent in my original post except to indicate your examples sucked - and they do. So your not even arguing anything relevant.

I mean, I can read. Clearly, you cannot. You couldn't understand a basic argument. The other examples clearly had far more dangerous intent than Soucy. If you disagree, you just don't know anything about hockey.

Are you advocating for Hyman to get suspended too? He should be getting a longer suspension, because he clearly crosschecked Zadorov in the face. Correct? Or is that one just normal?

Reactions: I am toxic

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
As if both teams haven't been doing all sorts of dirty crap to one another. Take off the blinders, your coach wanted fewer penalties called. They're calling fewer penalties.
Oh it's equal for both teams? I must have missed the fines and phone hearings for the Oilers and I'm sure Hyman's suspension for doing to Zad the exact same thing Soucy did 30 seconds later is forthcoming shortly.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
I mean, I can read. Clearly, you cannot. You couldn't understand a basic argument. The other examples clearly had far dangerous intent than Soucy. If you disagree, you just don't know anything about hockey.

Are you advocating for Hyman to get suspended too? He should be getting a longer suspension, because he clearly tried to crosscheck Zadorov in the face. Correct?
Again, your arguing something I’m not.

Your original post indicated examples and I explained to you that examples of intent vs not suck.

That doesn’t change how dangerous the play was.

Once again, I agree with you.

Learn to read.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Seems like the EDM side is scapegoating Skinner a bit for last night. I get he's been bad in the series & frustration is mounting, but last night was as much on the skaters as him. McDavid & Foegele gift Boeser A+ chances & the Canucks held the Oilers to 0 goals @ 5v5.

Not sure how smart it was for Knoblauch to basically put it all on Skinner in the post-game. But as an opponent by all means mess with your goalies head.
Going to be hard to go back Skinner after the coach calls him out publicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad