Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Yeah this take isn't rooted anywhere in reality. The slash back from Soucy was almost identical to McDavid's slash and McDavid has already disengaged from Soucy at that point.

The last part of your post is just some next level conspiracy shit lol.
If McDiver just gives Soucy a regular scrum push back, nothing happens. McWhiner escalates and because he's softer than baby s***, he doesn't want to handle what's coming next.

And no, there is no conspiracy. That is a plain stating of the facts. There have been zero suspensions so far in the playoffs. Fact. And there have far more dirty and malicious incidents. Fact. Like Bennett clocking Marchand, all of Kane's slewfoots, Hoglander getting nut checked, Trouba trying to decapitate Necas, etc. No supplementary discipline. And I'm not saying there should have been.

When do crosschecks in scrums get suspended? Never. But breath on McBabys***, and the Oilers and the league make sure a suspension is coming. It's pathetic.

Cucumber

The best
Feb 7, 2014
I remember when the Canucks only had the Sedins and Kesler line under torts and they were literally an one line team. It didn't work and Edmonton needs some secondary scoring help ASAP or split that line up to get that.

Zanon

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Those guys are good entertainment.

Really not sure why people keep using the slash as justification though. Soucy shoved him first and slashed him back after McDavid retaliated to the shove with a slash. The cross check was unnecessary at that point even if he didn't mean to get him in the face.
I mean, you could argue the slash after the shove was unnecessary as well.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
If McDiver just gives Soucy a regular scrum push back, nothing happens. McWhiner escalates and because he's softer than baby s***, he doesn't want to handle what's coming next.

And no, there is no conspiracy. That is a plain stating of the facts. There have been zero suspensions so far in the playoffs. Fact. And there have far more dirty and malicious incidents. Fact. Like Bennett clocking Marchand, all of Kane's slewfoots, Hoglander getting nut checked, Trouba trying to decapitate Necas, etc. No supplementary discipline. And I'm not saying there should have been.

When do crosschecks in scrums get suspended? Never. But breath on McBabys***, and the Oilers and the league make sure a suspension is coming. It's pathetic.
The slash was a reactionary retaliation as he's fall back from the shove and catching his balance. I think its pretty obvious why he didn't go back at him and shove him because he wasn't trying to even engage with a much bigger guy than him, but reactively responded to be being shoved. A nothing swing at a well protected leg isn't reckless. How this concept is going over your head is mindboggling.

Sorry, but a cross check to the face is as dirty as it gets even if the intent wasn't there. If you disagree you've never played the sport.

I mean, you could argue the slash after the shove was unnecessary as well.
Yeah it probably was just like the shove was unnecessary, but it wasn't malicious. Soucy slashed him right back and that should have been the end of it. McDavid wasn't even coming back at him when Soucy decided to deliver a 3rd blow with the cross check.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
i dont think you understand what their role is. It's to bend not break and protect the back door and front of the net while delivering as much punishment as possible which has pretty much other than the breakaway goal in game 2 been an utter success. The mistake would be to try and out punch that line up ice and then get torched in transition.

Tocchet is schooling your coach right now. I would be upset about that if i was an Oiler fan. Playing the 5 man unit 30 minutes at full attack mode is going to burn them out and you could see it at the end of last game. It will take a superhuman effort at this stage (which is possible given it's LD and CM) to not get wiped out by the Canucks depth.
getting outshot and outchanced to the degree that Soucy's pairing is can only succeed for so long. Edmonton hit five posts last night, maybe next game three of those go in instead and it's a completely different game.

I'm going to propose a unique solution to last night's fracas, let's just agree to suspend Cody Ceci for the duration of the series.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015

He hit him in the ****ing face on his way down from a cross check to his spine. You can see the impact and how brutally his neck extends.

Any basic understanding of anatomy and you’d know it’s a dangerous play to the face, neck and spine - one that can cause long-term damage to anyone.

And your examples are trash when you’re comparing intent without anything happening vs not - or acting like minors are anything more than they are.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Those guys are good entertainment.

Really not sure why people keep using the slash as justification though. Soucy shoved him first and slashed him back after McDavid retaliated to the shove with a slash. The cross check was unnecessary at that point even if he didn't mean to get him in the face.
If McDavid want to swing his stick in a post game scrum, he can expect to get beat down. This is the playoffs not minor hockey.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Tocchet is schooling your coach right now. I would be upset about that if i was an Oiler fan. Playing the 5 man unit 30 minutes at full attack mode is going to burn them out and you could see it at the end of last game. It will take a superhuman effort at this stage (which is possible given it's LD and CM) to not get wiped out by the Canucks depth.

It's not like McDrai get worn down to the point of exhaustion as they go deeper into the playoffs every single season ..... except that they do.

If the Canucks can just string things along for a couple of more games, McDrai will be totally hors de combat.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
If McDavid want to swing his stick in a post game scrum, he can expect to get beat down. This is the playoffs not minor hockey.
Sorry, but a tap to the ribs or legs is not the equivalent of having your neck snapped back that hard. This type of thing isn’t good for any team.

It’s a dangerous play.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
No...But what we are always told is that players always need to be responsable for their sticks.

Zack Kassian didn't attempt to break Gagner's jaw with his stick, he was just careless. Yet, if I remember right, he was suspended for some time.

Yup, I can reasonably get behind that. And of course, if intent was determined, consequence would be more severe.

In this case, I would think a 1 game suspension is the most that can be reasonably defended.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
It is one thing to get beat down in a fight, it is another to get cross-checked in the face....

There are limits to what is allowed in a scrum; we don't want a new Bertuzi incident (and no, I am not comparing this scrum with that incident; I'm just saying that there is a limit to how things can escalate).

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
depends sometimes refs are so bad they deserve to be spoken about. but I feel like its just something every fan does across all sports. can be annoying at times for sure
Yeah i sometimes feel the refs are one sided too. But then i realize it’s a logical fallacy as every single fan base thinks the refs, Toronto war room and DOPS are out to get them.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Yup, I can reasonably get behind that. And of course, if intent was determined, consequence would be more severe.

In this case, I would think a 1 game suspension is the most that can be reasonably defended.
TBH, I would be fine with a fine or a 1 game suspension.

And I believe that the league has to do something public before things escalate....Without any reaction from the NHL, I am afraid that the Oilers may think that they are forced to take things into their own hand. A hearing may simply calm things down.

Reactions: Luck 6
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad