Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Not sure. Yesterday Tocchet said he’s taking shots now. Supposed to be ready by game 5 and seems on track.
Ideally if Silovs can keep this up you hold Demko out until next series.
Silovs has done an admirable job. Honestly even if Demko is ready they might be better off continuing to play Silovs instead of throwing Demko in cold coming off an injury.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Only 1 canucks prediction woah.

My money for my hockey pool is on the Oilers but I gotta say these Canucks are playing some great entertaining hockey so it will be a very big upset if the Oilers lose.
I guessed Canucks in 7 in the poll, but Oilers would have been just as good of a guess I think. I figure it's still a toss-up. That will change of course if the Canucks leave Edmonton with two wins.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Oilers don't have any guys that can stand up to Zadorov. I remember people saying how Kane and Perry were gonna be physical... well they are tiny compared to Big Z and Soucy. We also have a chaos Giraffe.

6'8
6'6
6'5
Are we talking physical play or fights? Zadorov has lost plenty of fights over his career. Oleksiak, Benn, McQuaid to name a few. Even Luke Schenn worked him. He's big, but for his size he's actually a pretty mediocre fighter. I think Nurse or Kane would give him a pretty good fight.

Physical play you're right no one is going to flatten him. But there's plenty of guys like Hughes and Pete to target who can't really take a hit. Hughes is much harder to catch though with those speedy little legs :laugh:

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Getting huge attention now, I do absolutely love they called out the McDavid slash, which is more than most media have been doing so far, and this is ESPN.

Pat loves hockey tho

Those guys are good entertainment.

Really not sure why people keep using the slash as justification though. Soucy shoved him first and slashed him back after McDavid retaliated to the shove with a slash. The cross check was unnecessary at that point even if he didn't mean to get him in the face.

Reactions: nturn06 and PuckG

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

Getting huge attention now, I do absolutely love they called out the McDavid slash, which is more than most media have been doing so far, and this is ESPN.

Pat loves hockey tho

pat loves anything that is drama, hes so good for every sport. his prediction for the CFB national title game was so awesome

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Those guys are good entertainment.

Really not sure why people keep using the slash as justification though. Soucy shoved him first and slashed him back after McDavid retaliated to the shove with a slash. The cross check was unnecessary at that point even if he didn't mean to get him in the face.
The initial shove was absolutely nothing. Happens 100x per game and in every single scrum.

McBabys*** escalates with the baseball swing and doesn't want to take the heat for stirring up the kitchen. His problem.

Now the Oilers whine to the league and the Canucks get a sussy when the DOPS has let let literally every other infraction (many far dirtier) go throughout this playoffs.

Reactions: Bgav

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Out of curiosity, are you suggesting that Soucy was attempting to cross check McDavid in the face?

I've watched the video a multitude of times, and I just don't see how someone could support that. You can make a case that Soucy should always be in control of his actions, or that he should pay for it despite it being an accident, etc. But in reviewing the action, the intent seems to be that he was trying to cross check him in the chest..

With that said, players get suspended for accidental contact with the head all of the time. Most hits to the head are not on purpose, they often result from a player reaching for a puck and lowering their head, or turning their body in some way, and the angle of the hit changes in such a way that contact is made with the player's head. The league still considers them to be acts worthy of suspension. But I don't know, this just feels different to me then that... You can call it a bias if you want, but I see the cross check to the face as more of an unfortunate accident that involved the actions of three players (Zadorov, Soucy, McDavid) in an after the whistle scrum. If it happened in game I definitely see it as a penalty, but I don't think I see it as a suspension.
No...But what we are always told is that players always need to be responsable for their sticks.

Zack Kassian didn't attempt to break Gagner's jaw with his stick, he was just careless. Yet, if I remember right, he was suspended for some time.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Edmonton better get used to seeing Silovs.

once Demko has run his course, Silov's will be the go-to starter.
he's only 23 years old which is really young for a goalie.
so, i guess the 26/27 season will be when Demko is a UFA and Silovs will be 2 - 3 years more experienced than he has now.... he'll have more time watching and learning from behind Demko and working with Ian Clarke.
Big decisions, later problem i guess.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The initial shove was absolutely nothing. Happens 100x per game and in every single scrum.

McBabys*** escalates with the baseball swing and doesn't want to take the heat for stirring up the kitchen. His problem.

Now the Oilers whine to the league and the Canucks get a sussy when the DOPS has let let literally every other infraction (many far dirtier) go throughout this playoffs.
Yeah this take isn't rooted anywhere in reality. The slash back from Soucy was almost identical to McDavid's slash and McDavid has already disengaged from Soucy at that point.

The last part of your post is just some next level conspiracy shit lol.

Reactions: nturn06 and PuckG

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Soucy's been getting destroyed 5v5 this series, scoring chances at 5v5 are 21-7 for Edmonton with him on the ice. The real punishment would be forcing Vancouver to play him more.
i dont think you understand what their role is. It's to bend not break and protect the back door and front of the net while delivering as much punishment as possible which has pretty much other than the breakaway goal in game 2 been an utter success. The mistake would be to try and out punch that line up ice and then get torched in transition.

Tocchet is schooling your coach right now. I would be upset about that if i was an Oiler fan. Playing the 5 man unit 30 minutes at full attack mode is going to burn them out and you could see it at the end of last game. It will take a superhuman effort at this stage (which is possible given it's LD and CM) to not get wiped out by the Canucks depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad