Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
The Canucks depleted their draft capital to construct a decent "Team" in the Dallas model.

Their management even said they would overpay for the players they want (Lindholm, Hronek, Gen Z) to construct their lineup.

The Oilers and more specifically Leafs management are paralyzed to do this.

The Sun has already set on the Leafs window and is now ebbing in Oil Country.

NJD and Buffalo are now following the same path.

The Canucks didn't even really deplete their draft capital. They moved a late 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, a prospect who didn't want to sign, a prospect they weren't going to sign, and two cap dumps this season.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
A light slash while falling backwards the pants which are well padded definitely deserves a crosscheck to the face. 😂

Nevermind that Soucey retaliated with a two handed slash back before the cross check TO THE FACE.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
How come so many Canucks fans think a cross check to the face is an ok play simply because he also got crosscheck in the back at the same time?
I think a fine would have been ok. McDavid escalates the incident after the game, unfortunately for him he eats a cross check for his troubles. Soucy is unlucky, but does catch him.

Now can you tell me where the shin is?

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The Canucks depleted their draft capital to construct a decent "Team" in the Dallas model.

Their management even said they would overpay for the players they want (Lindholm, Hronek, Gen Z) to construct their lineup.

The Oilers and more specifically Leafs management are paralyzed to do this.

The Sun has already set on the Leafs window and is now ebbing in Oil Country.

NJD and Buffalo are now following the same path.
We still have our two best prospects somehow

Lekkerimaki and Willander

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I think a fine would have been ok. McDavid escalates the incident after the game, unfortunately for him he eats a cross check for his troubles. Soucy is unlucky, but does catch him.

Now can you tell me where the shin is?
Soucey is unlucky because he CROSS CHECKED SOMEONE IN THE FACE?

Ok bud.

I already said it was to the pants, which are padded. Soucey’s two handed slash before the crosscheck to the face was to the shins.

• Wow
Aug 3, 2021
Was there a post game interview with Skinner and if so, was he as unbothered as he usually is after stinking up the joint?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Oh look Zadorov only gets a fine. What a joke. So Nucks fans you said he did nothing wrong, why the fine then?
Because he touched McDavid. If it was any other player it wouldn’t even be looked at.
Just another scrum that happens every game. In game maybe Soucy gets a two minute penalty at worst. Zadarov and McDavid get offsetting penalties.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Sure, but one of the few scrums where a player gets crosschecked into the teeths...

The Nucks fans should stop looking for excusses for their players, like McD fell into the crosscheck into the face.....

Out of curiosity, are you suggesting that Soucy was attempting to cross check McDavid in the face?

I've watched the video a multitude of times, and I just don't see how someone could support that. You can make a case that Soucy should always be in control of his actions, or that he should pay for it despite it being an accident, etc. But in reviewing the action, the intent seems to be that he was trying to cross check him in the chest..

With that said, players get suspended for accidental contact with the head all of the time. Most hits to the head are not on purpose, they often result from a player reaching for a puck and lowering their head, or turning their body in some way, and the angle of the hit changes in such a way that contact is made with the player's head. The league still considers them to be acts worthy of suspension. But I don't know, this just feels different to me then that... You can call it a bias if you want, but I see the cross check to the face as more of an unfortunate accident that involved the actions of three players (Zadorov, Soucy, McDavid) in an after the whistle scrum. If it happened in game I definitely see it as a penalty, but I don't think I see it as a suspension.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Out of curiosity, are you suggesting that Soucy was attempting to cross check McDavid in the face?

I've watched the video a multitude of times, and I just don't see how someone could support that. You can make a case that Soucy should always be in control of his actions, or that he should pay for it despite it being an accident, etc. But in reviewing the action, the intent seems to be that he was trying to cross check him in the chest..

With that said, players get suspended for accidental contact with the head all of the time. Most hits to the head are not on purpose, they often result from a player reaching for a puck and lowering their head, or turning their body in some way, and the angle of the hit changes in such a way that contact is made with the player's head. The league still considers them to be acts worthy of suspension. But I don't know, this just feels different to me then that... You can call it a bias if you want, but I see the cross check to the face as more of an unfortunate accident that involved the actions of three players (Zadorov, Soucy, McDavid) in an after the whistle scrum. If it happened in game I definitely see it as a penalty, but I don't think I see it as a suspension.
So wouldn’t every hit from behind just be an unfortunate accident? Knee on knee hits too. Hits to the head as well.

Honestly looked more like the throat to me 😂
That’s where he was aiming but the crosscheck to the back made it land on the face. Which is funny to Canucks fans who love to show their true colors. Sucks because Id cheer for them if they beat the Oilers but don’t want to be associated with people who cheer when guys gets cross checked to the face after the game is over.

Last edited:
  • Wow

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Please clutch your pearls more.
It's not life or death.. Any sane-mind should have issues with a Hockey stick being used as a deadly weapon during any "Game". Say that again with me, a game..... If this was real life situation(s) and it was be hurt or hurt: I've had no issues, or would have any future issues hurting anyone, if it comes to that, Sadly, one does find out who is who when "It" hits-the-fan though.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
So wouldn’t every hit from behind just be an unfortunate accident? Knee on knee hits too. Hits to the head as well.

I understand your view on that, it pretty much lines up with what I said in my post. Accidental head shots probably make up 90% of the head shots, and players are often still punished for them in some capacity.

This specific circumstance just feels a bit different as it was essentially two players exchanging some shots after the whistle. Soucy was trying to retaliate for that two handed slash with a cross check, but ya, Zadorov dropped him at an inopportune time.

I understand why Oilers fans are pissed. I don't blame you. If we're looking at this impartially though, there are a few things to consider: 1) Should you get a suspension for any head shot regardless of intent?, 2) Was there intent? and 3) is McDavid okay?

If your answer to Clause 1 is "Yes", and I would say a suspension would include the ejection given by a 5 minute penalty, then Soucy should get a 1 game suspension. Then, it becomes about intent and outcome. Given that, I guess a 1 game suspension is relatively defendable for an accidental hit to the head....?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad