Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Do I want the Oilers to beat the Canucks? Yes. My level of care though is starting to diminish. Their scoring depth and goaltending leave little to be excited about going forward in the playoffs if they advance. I feel like I have already watched this movie before.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Some of yall need to be less concerned about what is/isn't called and more concerned about your team only being able to score on the PP vs a 3rd string goalie
Lol at everyone calling a rookie a 3rd string goalie who is playing out of his mind for the most part

Edmonton is the one with the 3rd stringer in net

• Wow
Reactions: stampedingviking

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
He was obviously going to get suspended, the bigger question is how many games?

Considering McDavid started it, I think he only gets a game, he has no discipline history whatsoever

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
He was obviously going to get suspended, the bigger question is how many games?

Considering McDavid started it, I think he only gets a game, he has no discipline history whatsoever

I was initially leaning towards zero given McDavid's head immediately moved right before contact.

The fact the game is tomorrow and the DoPS hasn't even announced the date or time makes it seem like it might be multiple games

Misko

Sep 30, 2020
Only way Oilers win this series is if the Refs and NHL tilt it in their favour. Clown look for the NHL if Soucy gets suspended but Hoglander getting speared and Hughes getting slewfoot doesnt draw discipline. Any other player than Mcdavid gets crosschecked there and the NHL doesn't even remember it happened.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
There's a reason hit posts are not counted as shots on goal....they aren't shots on goal.....they may as well be a foot wide....
Get back to us when the league expands the nets then
You could have just said the Oilers missed the net and need to shoot better. 😆

You’re all confident this barrage can happen again and the Canucks will withstand it. Great, you’re Vancouver enthusiasts; being blind is part of your mantra. If you watched this game and felt like they can put forth that effort again and walk away twice with a victory, more power to you. You will get rolled on Tuesday after that stunt against McDavid. Big mistake.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Imagine…Soucy gets suspended and the Canucks still win.

Rock bottom potential

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
People worrying about the officiating are silly. It's always going to be bad, every team has to deal with it.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I’m more curious if McDavid gets a fine for his slash that started everything

CascadiaPuck

Proud Canucks investor.
Jan 13, 2010
Vancouver
Not really, I usually avoid the mains like the plague. But on the oilers board, there was a lot of worry.
Ok. But do you see the problem here? There has been a lot of worry also expressed by Canucks fans about the strength of the Oilers going into this series. You’re generalizing about a “fanbase” based on its standard % of nitwits but not making allowances that it could be just as bad both ways. Because the Oilers nitwit % (not all fans) seemed to be tempting the hockey gods quite a bit before puck drop of game 1.

This contributes to the crappy discourse too.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
You’re all confident this barrage can happen again and the Canucks will withstand it. Great, you’re Vancouver enthusiasts; being blind is part of your mantra. If you watched this game and felt like they can put forth that effort again and walk away twice with a victory, more power to you. You will get rolled on Tuesday after that stunt against McDavid. Big mistake.
Corsi is just outdated, high danger chances in the 3rd period were tied at 1-1, but I agree that sitting back that much is going to bite them in the ass eventually.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
a whack to the shin pads is even close to a cross check to the face lol
If you can’t deal with a scrum then don’t start stuff after the game by giving out two handed slashes.
I respect McDavid as a player but he’s one of the biggest whiners in the league. Just tiring watching him complain to the refs all game and then the double standard treatment he gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad