Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Canucks seem to have great goaltending no matter what, since Luongo, they’ve had Cory Schneider, Eddie Lack, Ryan Miller, Jakob Markstrom, Thatcher Demko, Arthur Silovs.

Benoit Allaire and Ian Clark are both savants when it comes to teaching goaltending - we're lucky to have one of the 2, and even in the years before Clark came to Vancouver we had Rollie Melanson who is also very good.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Bouchard is playing with McDavid and Hughes is defending against McDavid.

Bit of a different context there. If you put Evan Bouchard on the ice against Connor McDavid, the results would not be pretty.

If you look at the ice time, Myers and Soucy have almost double the TOI against McDavid as Hughes/Hronek do. They haven't been the primary D assignment going up against the Oilers top line.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Miller is a bit of a spaz and had some bad body language when the team stunk and everyone was frustrated a couple years back but he's a funny guy who also seems to be having lots of fun when things are going well and is definitely not the permanently-miserable McDavid moaning to the refs at damn near every play stoppage.

Anyone that insanely good at hockey should look like they're having a bit more fun playing it.
McDavid doesn't talk to officials more than most players with letters on their jerseys. You're projecting, tbh. If nothing else he's not even in the same stratosphere as guys like Stone or Doughty. McDavid has spent like 99% of his career with resting bitch face on the bench and on the ice and people are out here acting like he's throwing tantrums every night, I don't get it.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
It's game 3, slow down just a little bit.

Vancouver has figured out the oilers and the Oilers are losing to an AHL goalie. What I love is how almost all media have been forced to eat humble pie with them saying the Oilers were "Clear" favourites" .

Also it is the playoffs not the regular season. Vancouver is two wins away from sending the oilers to the golf course. Oilers have reverted BACK to how they were in the first month of the season

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Miller is a bit of a spaz and had some bad body language when the team stunk and everyone was frustrated a couple years back but he's a funny guy who also seems to be having lots of fun when things are going well and is definitely not the permanently-miserable McDavid moaning to the refs at damn near every play stoppage.

Anyone that insanely good at hockey should look like they're having a bit more fun playing it.
Can't blame McDavid. Probably doesn't have the best living situation.

Reactions: BERTUZZZZi

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
They won 49 games in the regular season (1 back of Vancouver) with that tandem in net. They get average goaltending and they could win this series.

Regular season and the playoffs are 2 different beasts. Playoffs have much more pressure, because of the fact that you could lose 4 games in a best of 7, and that makes the previous 82 games worth nothing. We now have back-to-back years of Stuart Skinner having horrible playoffs, everything we've seen from him suggests he cracks under pressure. On the other hand, we have Silovs who probably cares more about representing his nation than the Canucks, and probably doesn't feel nearly the same level of pressure and even if he does, we've seen him perform in a tournament with high stakes (WHC) and win the tournament MVP.

Reactions: Angry Little Elf

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Vancouver has figured out the oilers and the Oilers are losing to an AHL goalie. What I love is how almost all media have been forced to eat humble pie with them saying the Oilers were "Clear" favourites" .

Also it is the playoffs not the regular season. Vancouver is two wins away from sending the oilers to the golf course. Oilers have reverted BACK to how they were in the first month of the season

Have they? They've done the "hang on for dear life and turtle" in 2 of the 3 games so far. I don't know if that strategy will hold out over 7 games.

I demand a rating, what am I chopped liver?

I didn't see an attempt at a nickname, you spelled Ekholm and Bouchard correctly. 5/5 adulting.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Oilers would be on the wrong side of a sweep scenario right now, if it weren't for Cole scoring 1/3 of their goals for them.

*the cheapest, most cowardly act by a long shot, was the nut-shot from behind on Hoglander. Oilers fans have no business bitching about cheapshots.

2 down, 2 more to go!!!!

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
The Oilers first line is great but besides that dominant line there’s no one else, the 2 other forwards I noticed tonight besides the big line were Kane & old man Perry, that’s not even close to good enough. It’s amazing how they haven’t managed to add anything depth wise in the past 3-4 years, that’s on the GM. Oilers have no 2nd line, no 3rd line, no 4th line, and weak goaltending. They have 2 superstars plus Hyman & Bouchard and a whole bunch of plugs, Holland needs to be fired.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
McDavid doesn't talk to officials more than most players with letters on their jerseys. You're projecting, tbh. If nothing else he's not even in the same stratosphere as guys like Stone or Doughty. McDavid has spent like 99% of his career with resting bitch face on the bench and on the ice and people are out here acting like he's throwing tantrums every night, I don't get it.

McDavid has been whining to the refs more in these 3 games than I've seen Quinn Hughes do all season.

They actually got a break when they got given a 4-on-4 for the Zadorov/Kane thing ... and he's still having a tantrum about it and working the refs.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Oilers would be on the wrong side of a sweep scenario right now, if it weren't for Cole scoring 1/3 of their goals for them.

*the cheapest, most cowardly act by a long shot, was the nut-shot from behind on Hoglander. Oilers fans have no business bitching about cheapshots.

2 down, 2 more to go!!!!

I think he deserves a pass for the own goal tonight. He was in good position, boxing out McDavid, just a bit unlucky. The whole lightning strike phenomena.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Anyone saying a slash deserves a stick used as a deadly weapon are sadly mistaken.
  • Any shot to neck, face, or head is dangerous and deadly.
  • Good chance we'd all be charged with assault if we did this, wouldn't we?
  • Kucherov back of neck crosscheck could've been deadly these playoffs.
  • McDavid's neck crosschecks tonight could've been deadly these playoffs.
  • There's plenty more examples throughout the yrs.
  • Suppose NHL, and some fans will need player(s) killed, before realizing a very simplistic lesson many already know.... A slashing isn't comparable to a stick to face, head, or neck

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
McDavid has been whining to the refs more in these 3 games than I've seen Quinn Hughes do all season.

They actually got a break when they got given a 4-on-4 for the Zadorov/Kane thing ... and he's still having a tantrum about it and working the refs.

Who else is McDavid going to yell at? His teammates who doesn't get any ice?

• Haha
Reactions: BERTUZZZZi

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

Again, projecting.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

LuLover96

Feb 28, 2017
McDavid and Draisaitl are quite similar to the Sedins in how they expect the refs to help them at every turn. Modern day sisters?

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Anyone saying a slash deserves a stick used as a deadly weapon are sadly mistaken.
  • Suppose NHL, and some fans will need player(s) killed, before realizing a very simplistic lesson many already know.... A slashing isn't comparable to a stick to face, head, or neck

‘Deadly weapon’?!?

Go to bed, Karen.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010

McDavid sticking his stick into Hughes's face could have ended his career.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018

2 down, 2 more to go!!!!

Hopefully the Vancouver Canucks can finish this series off quickly and get some rest before playing Dallas or Colorado, either one of those two teams is going to be extremely difficult to beat.

Reactions: Raistlin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad