Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
It's league-wide, too. Thought the Bruins/Panthers game tonight was also awful.
I think they're creating their own demise by trying to "let the boys play". Personally I'd love to see playoff hockey where slashing and hooking were called less than the regular season, but when it's obvious then call it (so taps on the hands are okay and sticks in the waists are okay as long as there's no hooking component to it), then roughing be reduced but punches to the face still be a penalty, more leniency on boarding but when it's dangerous it's called, only hard crosschecks be called and goalie interference still be a thing. So far what we are seeing is open season on a lot of goalies, glove punches are acceptable, boarding is acceptable, who knows what the hell the standard for crosschecks are, hooking is very rarely called and so many plays are turned over because of it but then sporadically we see a hook be called that looks like the same one we've seen 200 times in a game, interference is completely acceptable now and goalies are encouraged to be slashed and poked at and best of all, holding of the stick is no longer a penalty.

There has been so little fighting but the boys don't have to, just take a number and get one of your teammates to throw a cheap hit and it's all good. Probably won't be a penalty either lol.

It's just an inconsistent mess. Most calls seem so tacky because the standard was set and then depending on the time of the game it's somehow not or not a penalty. It's somehow more trash than in the regular season lol.

Rick Rocket

Regetstred User
May 22, 2008
Soucy cross checked him first. McDavid retaliated, then Zadorov hit him from behind. Accountable means a fight. Doubt he’ll get suspended but he should absolutely have to drop them.
Are you happy with your star player frustrated, throwing dirty cheapshots and his teammates having to protect him from any accountability?
Also, can we please get some creativity when we're trying to make derogatory nicknames for players/teams? The next person to use McBaby, or McDiver, or McWhiner should have to walk across a floor of legos at 3am in the dark. Just absolutely pathetic creativity. If it's going to get spicy in here between two hated rivals, let's bring it up a notch over what I'd expect out of a six year old.
Weasel McWeaselface

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
I hope Soucy doesn’t get a suspension for the cross check to McDavid at the end of the game. We all know the league will look at it just because the golden boy has to be protected. If Soucy gets suspended than McDavid should too for instigating it.

Reactions: LivingRentFree

Draino

Mar 1, 2017
Vancouver
The Edmonton oilers have only scored 2 goals without Drai/McD on the ice in all the playoffs. They are a two man show. Look at the ice times tonight. Even if they somehow get by the Canucks does anyone think they can win a cup like this? The Oiler larping media outlets have convinced everyone this is what a cup favorite looks like:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Are you happy with your star player frustrated, throwing dirty cheapshots and his teammates having to protect him from any accountability?
Weasel McWeaselface
Your biggest star is 5’6 and has been an absolute ghost all playoffs long. Do you want him fighting? McDavid has better things to do than fight. We have personnel for that. They just need to do their job.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I went to the last game, was hoping to see a fight, but no one on the Oilers really had the balls to even size him up.

Which is the smart play when you are the team with all the momentum carrying the play. Fighting Zadorov would be a spark for Vancouver.

almo8989

May 10, 2011
McDavid should stand up for himself and fight Zadorov. .
Messier always fought his own fights and all Canucks fans hates him.

I always thought Messier of more of a sneaky cheap shot guy that would drop his gloves from time to time. He ducked away from Larry Robinson because we all know how that would have turned out.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
This is a great series.. Skinner looked very upset being sent back in the net to be used as a defacto timeout.

The decision on whom to start in 4 will be huge. Do Connor and Leon ask their coaches to play together every second shift when times are tough or is it just coincidence it always goes there?

I just don't know how you can burn the candle this hard and expect forwards to last playing 29 minutes in a non overtime game. No other team comes close to this.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Hopeless, you’re inventing an alternate reality.

I mean it was a cross check. It's pretty light as far as a cross check goes, and it probably didn't warrant the retaliatory slash, but he's correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad