Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Also, can we please get some creativity when we're trying to make derogatory nicknames for players/teams? The next person to use McBaby, or McDiver, or McWhiner should have to walk across a floor of legos at 3am in the dark. Just absolutely pathetic creativity. If it's going to get spicy in here between two hated rivals, let's bring it up a notch over what I'd expect out of a six year old.

McDooDooHead

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
McDavid should stand up for himself and fight Zadorov. .
Messier always fought his own fights and all Canucks fans hates him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
What does held accountable mean? Suspended? I mean you guys got away with driving our star player head 1st , And a dirty dirty cup check on Hogs.

I can hear Don Cherry right now saying what he use to say about Crosby. You dont wanna get hurt then stay away from the after whistle stuff. 2 hand baseball bat slash is going to get a response.
Soucy cross checked him first. McDavid retaliated, then Zadorov hit him from behind. Accountable means a fight. Doubt he’ll get suspended but he should absolutely have to drop them.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Soucy cross checked him first. McDavid retaliated, then Zadorov hit him from behind. Accountable means a fight. Doubt he’ll get suspended but he should absolutely have to drop them.
Might happen. Oilers may just stick to playing hockey and try to win. Who knows. I do have a feeling we will see a bunch of fights next year in the regular season though. Will be fun!

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Their 1st pairing is doing great, their 3rd pairing is doing fine. Their 2nd pairing is getting embarrassed every shift.

Edmonton's holes are the same as they were last year. Nurse, Ceci, Skinner.
They were the three players I was most worried about.

Ekholm-Bouchard have been excellent, just like they’ve been all year. Nurse-Ceci should be accompanied by circus music every time they get on the ice.

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Nurse, Carrick. Desharnais are all tough customers and the most likely to do something about it. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Ekholm either.
Don’t see why Z would bother with Deshaenais or Carrick.

Tbh Vinny is probably better than Nurse, but I see him fighting Nurse or Ekholm if he is crazy enough to go for it.

Def no point fighting Carrick, can’t let someone like him take Z off for 5.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Their 1st pairing is doing great, their 3rd pairing is doing fine. Their 2nd pairing is getting embarrassed every shift.

They should take away their ice time and give it to McDavid instead.

If McDavid plays 75 minutes a night, he can score more.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Not Canucks fans whining about officiating when they have a top 5 penalty differential this season
Is that what Mark Spector told you? The Canucks were 10th in most time on the PK. They were also 10th in most time on the PP. They broke almost exactly even in terms of time on PP vs time on PK. They defintely were not top 5 in penalty differential They were around 15-16.

Last edited:

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

Desharnais was a definite liability last year and I feel like he's improved tenfold (I wanted him gone earlier this season).

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

Bizzare

May 5, 2013
Soucy pushed him, wasn’t a cross check.. come on.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Might happen. Oilers may just stick to playing hockey and try to win. Who knows. I do have a feeling we will see a bunch of fights next year in the regular season though. Will be fun!
There’s going to be bad blood between these groups no matter what. Going after McDavid isn’t something this group will take laying down. Just a matter of whether it’s Zadorov getting run next game or someone like Hughes.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The Lindholm trade has paid for itself in spades by now. No one should be criticizing him anymore after he was so so in the regular season. 5 goals, a beast on the first PK unit and in the faceoff dot. He looks like 2021-22 Flames Lindholm.

He will have no problem getting a good contract this summer. He completely redeemed his entire season in the past 3 weeks.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
At the end of the day, chasing the Cup isn’t just about winning or losing, it’s about how you play the game. Edmonton played as hard as they could. They gave it 100%. They tried their best. They just weren’t good enough to beat the Canucks. They come up short. Despite them giving everything, it’s all but like a fart in the wind.

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Nurse, Carrick. Desharnais are all tough customers and the most likely to do something about it. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Ekholm either.
Why would he change his game right now? He’s dumping body’s and snapping backs. We don’t want him to change anything

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Vancouver
The worst reffing I have seen in a long time. Just brutal. So many missed calls on both sides and an ever changing standard that favoured the Nucks. Suspension better be incoming for that super dirty crosscheck.

Yeah just like the suspension for the groin spear on Hoglander last game.

Oilers have been playing dirty all series and got what was coming to them tonight. Don't want to get cross checked? Don't two hand slash someone after the game is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad