Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Seems like the EDM side is scapegoating Skinner a bit for last night. I get he's been bad in the series & frustration is mounting, but last night was as much on the skaters as him. McDavid & Foegele gift Boeser A+ chances & the Canucks held the Oilers to 0 goals @ 5v5.

Not sure how smart it was for Knoblauch to basically put it all on Skinner in the post-game. But as an opponent by all means mess with your goalies head.
1715803568531.png

Nice try but no.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Ya that's like the exact opposite of Tocchet after losses. From day 1 he has been forthright and honest with his thoughts. Sometimes brutally so. If there is criticism of refs it is warranted.

And in this case it is very much a compliment to Miller.
What a compliment "He admitted he was terrible" ;)

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
3rd line was non-existent again. That's where the Canucks have a real big matchup advantage with the Lindholm line especially at home where they can dictate matchups. Oh and any matchup against Ceci, the Ian Cole of the Oilers, actually I didn't mean to insult Cole like that.
The Oilers third line has not produced anything but they have also not given up anything. Statistically McLoed and Perry, the core of the third line have been on the ice for 0 5 vs 5 GF and 0 5 vs 5 GA in 30+ minutes. If that continues for the rest of the series its probably a win for the Oilers.

Mar 26, 2010
lol....fair enough
Selfish player. End of convo.

Back to the Oilers/Canucks. No question that Edmonton is the better team, but not sure who wins this series still. Can go either way.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
2-2 in a 7 game series. Been fun. Stressful too!

I feel like we are both relying on goalies we didn't want to rely on. Both are doing well (felt for Silov's, he deserved a W with that performance, obviously happy for Pickard).

Both have some black holes - Cole and Nurse seem to be the top of the list.lol Ceci and Myers not too far behind.

I maintain Stars and Avs are on a different level for whoever wins this.

To my eye.. Bouch is outplaying Hughes. Same minutes, more goals, more points, higher Plus/Minus (yes I know it's a flawed stat). Zadorov has been great and very noticeable. Garland has been full value too.

Oilers are being run by a few guys, but those few guys are really doing well:

1715803990469.png

Oilers PP has been better. Nucks 5 on 5 has been better.

This is a coin flip.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
2-2 in a 7 game series. Been fun. Stressful too!

I feel like we are both relying on goalies we didn't want to rely on. Both are doing well (felt for Silov's, he deserved a W with that performance, obviously happy for Pickard).

Both have some black holes - Cole and Nurse seem to be the top of the list.lol Ceci and Myers not too far behind.

I maintain Stars and Avs are on a different level for whoever wins this.

To my eye.. Bouch is outplaying Hughes. Same minutes, more goals, more points, higher Plus/Minus (yes I know it's a flawed stat). Zadorov has been great and very noticeable. Garland has been full value too.

Oilers are being run by a few guys, but those few guys are really doing well:

View attachment 871309

Oilers PP has been better. Nucks 5 on 5 has been better.

This is a coin flip.

I'd more or less agree. Hughes is definitely bruised up. They never outright confirmed an injury but just that something was nagging him in the Nashville series. It doesn't help he's essentially had to carry Hronek who's been anywhere from below average to terrible. Not Cole levels but he's in a whole separate category.

Goalie wise, it's hard to say. We pretty much didn't test Pickard whatsoever last night. All in all, Edmonton showed up for two periods, we showed up for half of one. Not much of a surprise what the results were.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I'd more or less agree. Hughes is definitely bruised up. They never outright confirmed an injury but just that something was nagging him in the Nashville series. It doesn't help he's essentially had to carry Hronek who's been anywhere from below average to terrible. Not Cole levels but he's in a whole separate category.

Goalie wise, it's hard to say. We pretty much didn't test Pickard whatsoever last night. All in all, Edmonton showed up for two periods, we showed up for half of one. Not much of a surprise what the results were.
It's going to be up and down till this is over. Ebs and flows. Two very good teams with some noticeable roster problems.

Hrnonek, according to Czech National Team, is playing hurt. He's definitely not been what I was hoping to see. I'll be cheering for Nucks if they win this and one of the reasons is Hronek. I haven't seen much out of him in a good or bad way but he doesn't stand out at all.

Hughes has to be dealing with something too! He's very noticeable all year and gone a bit quiet (thank god.lol). I like your D a lot more than our D going in! Right now, I don't necessarily love either D.lol I obviously love Bouch and am thrilled with him and Ek but I have a bias.lol

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Am I seeing this right ? Does Nils Hoglander have the same amount of even strength goals as Connor McDavid ?

NHL Scoring Leaders 2023-2024
I would have thought that Canucks and Leafs fans would have learned by now that 5v5 goals isn’t the be all end all of stats. Edmonton’s scoring every other power play right now and if the Leafs had any kind of production on theirs they’d still be playing.

Reactions: Czechboy

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Not joking or bantz, but I honestly think that's the worst thing that could happen for the Oilers if they want to win the series.

The time to respond was when the incident actually happened. It's actually pretty bad that no one stepped up for McDavid -- their best player and captain.

McDavid and Draisatl need to step up and their depth players need to f***ing do something. Perry could start agitating and being the little shitlord he's always been. Nuge could try doing something. Etc.

They try to go headhunting (I know this isn't what you said) or seeking revenge and that's gonna kill any momentum they could get through penalties. Guaranteed the league has spoken to both teams to tell them not to be idiots and the refs are liable to turn on them if they try to get things out of hand.

if they did that the NHL would've evened up the suspensions. Nurse got suspended last year against Vegas for trying to stick up for a teammate at the end of the game. Lesson learned, I'm glad no one responded

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
It’s amazing how much slower this thread becomes when the Canucks don’t win lol
Because the Oilers are the hero the NHL deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll hunt them, because they can take it, because they're not our hero. They're a silent guardian — a watchful protector — the NHL's Protagonist

Reactions: PuckG

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
if they did that the NHL would've evened up the suspensions. Nurse got suspended last year against Vegas for trying to stick up for a teammate at the end of the game. Lesson learned, I'm glad no one responded

Yeah, that's fair. I was more just remarking on the fact that no one really joined the scrum. Not advocating for a full-on brawl or anything, but I think the league would give the Oilers some leeway given that it was McDavid.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
What a compliment "He admitted he was terrible" ;)

“It’s an honest group,” said Tocchet. “I mean, J.T. Miller texted me today, ‘sorry, I had a bad (game).’
“This guy’s been unreal for me. One play, two plays doesn’t define (it). Who cares about that? That games over. He’s been a monster force, he’ll be a monster for us. That’s the way we work around here.

“We’re going to be ready to play a Game 5, we got great fans, it’s going to be a fun game to play in. We gotta embrace it. My message is its there. Don’t regret it in the summer, ‘I wish I would’ve played harder,’ (or) ‘I wish I would’ve blocked that shot.’ It’s there for us.”

Yes it was a compliment on the player taking ownership and leading.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Because the Oilers are the hero the NHL deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they'll hunt them, because they can take it, because they're not our hero. They're a silent guardian — a watchful protector — the NHL's Protagonist
They don’t call them Canada’s team for nothing. :thumbu:

Everyone roots for the good guys!

• Love
Reactions: capazzo and flashy

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Cries that oiler fans are arrogant.

Then you post this.
Isn't he the same guy who posted that the Canucks beating Jussi Saros in Round 1 was some huge accomplishment as opposed to the Oilers who had had to beat two "no names" in their series vs L.A.? (And this, despite Saros having worse regular season numbers than Stuart Skinner, Cam Talbot and David Rittich?)

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Is Hoglander the guy who plays 10 min/night and shot a totally sustainable 20% (vs. a career avg. under 10%)?
Im just staying , Hoglander hasn't played for 2 games. His presence will be felt if Tocchet wises up. He has the motor of Garlund and hits like a truck. And has hands.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Isn't he the same guy who posted that the Canucks beating Jussi Saros in Round 1 was some huge accomplishment as opposed to the Oilers who had had to beat two "no names" in their series vs L.A.? (And this, despite Saros having worse regular season numbers than Stuart Skinner, Cam Talbot and David Rittich?)
Saros has better regular season and playoffs numbers than Skinner

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Cries that oiler fans are arrogant.

Then you post this.
Oiler fans are arrogant though. You guys see no other team as your equal. You give your opponents no respect at all. every team other than like 3 other teams in the league are completely inferior . Cup or Bust proves this . You are yet to even make the Finals with this core. Every time you guys lose its a grand conspiracy as to why. You can't lose with any humility at all.

You guys can easily lose this series. Or win it. It can honestly go either way. It was laughable you guys kept saying easiest path to the WCF ever.

If and when the Canucks lose I won't make any excuses. The better team will have won and we will go into the next season and build on it. I'm proud of how far my team has made it. We have a bright future as long as Petey can figure his life out. We will be back.

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
Selfish player. End of convo.

Back to the Oilers/Canucks. No question that Edmonton is the better team, but not sure who wins this series still. Can go either way.
What nonsense. The Canucks are a deeper team. It has shown in all the games.

• Haha
Reactions: PuckG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad