Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Oilers fans are pretty arrogant for what the team accomplished. They did not go down 3/1 to the Canucks in their own rink. That's what the accomplishment was.

You'd think they just took a 3/1 lead.

The thing is, there's an argument to be made that they rightfully should have swept the Canucks.

Game 1, they were up 4-1 and that's a win 95% of the time.

Game 2, they won.

Game 3, Canucks ventilated Skinner and Silovs stood on his head.

Game 4, they won.

So the series outcome to this point does not reflect the eye test. Edmonton has been the better team overall, which was widely expected given their health and the Canucks injury troubles.

Having said that, none of it matters now. It's a best of 3.

Mar 26, 2010
Oilers fans are pretty arrogant for what the team accomplished. They did not go down 3/1 to the Canucks in their own rink. That's what the accomplishment was.

You'd think they just took a 3/1 lead.
I am no Canucks fan here,

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I had to work last night. And tonight.

Anyway, watching the oil blow a 2-0 lead in the third is remarkable. I can't see this team advancing to the Cup finals, and the repercussions are massive.

Has an NHL team ever had a generational player and failed to win multiple cups? No, no they haven't. We are witnessing history in the making, courtesy of the 'nucks, the whipping boy of that great '80's edmonton team. I wonder if oil fans appreciate Fuhr now, given the stark reminder.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia

Anyway, watching the oil blow a 2-0 lead in the third is remarkable. I can't see this team advancing to the Cup finals, and the repercussions are massive.

Has an NHL team ever had a generational player and failed to win multiple cups? No, no they haven't. We are witnessing history in the making, courtesy of the 'nucks, the whipping boy of that great '80's edmonton team. I wonder if oil fans appreciate Fuhr now, given the stark reminder.

Good point, win or lose the Canucks have kind of exposed Edmonton in this series.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
The Oilers barely squeaking by the Canucks 3rd string goalie.

I mean technically they just played their 3rd string goalie as well. He started the season in the AHL.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012

Marcel Dionne?

RW, Kings, Rangers

Reactions: Burt Macklin

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Canucks are underdogs for a reason. Edm has been better for most of the series, although it should be concerning playing their big dogs a ton and it only being 2-2. Will be interesting to see how the canucks respond, they were complete ass last game.

3 high danger chances last game. Gross
I'm surprised by how little offense the Canucks are generating in general in this series, and also the Nashville one. The Canucks have been very opportunistic (Boeser in particular, Garland has also been active) but I expected more offensive push from them and outside of a few small stretches, there hasn't been much of an onslaught from them. Too much talent for them not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad