Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Nobody ever accused Zadorov of being the brightest bulb on the tree. He's somehow always reminded me of a far-less skilled ice-hockey version of Rob Gronkowski.
I guess going -1 in both games there at 5on5 is a good experience for him.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Spent three years in Edmonton while going to university and thoroughly enjoyed the time and the city. That said, 'fans of the sports team I like are good' is ridiculously far down my list of reasons to love living somewhere.
I was half joking but its funny…for a place with “nothing to do”, we sure are getting a ton of people from BC and Ontario moving here

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
To be fair, if I were a member of that year's Calgary Flames team, I probably would have mentally blocked that entire series from my consciousness.
Didn't edmonton wreck the flames? Going -1 may have been an accomplishment lol.

I was half joking but its funny…for a place with “nothing to do”, we sure are getting a ton of people from BC and Ontario moving here
Yes, because cost of living and cost of real estate is quite high on people's lists for reasons to move somewhere.

Edit: I don't actually live in Vancouver but close enough (35km outside of it) and I could pretty much buy a mansion in Edmonton and have money left over for the price of my townhouse...and I've considered it (not just edmonton but many places) but having ALL my extended family here and kids who are happy and settled makes it tough to actually go through with it.

nucks88

Jan 8, 2012
The Left Coast
i hate it when people complain about the refs. i havnt said too much about reffing all year or at all during the Preds series, but that was the worst officated game ive ever seen
hoglander got speared in the balls, petey driven headfirst in the boards, hughes cut in the face with a highstick, hughes was then slewfooted
these things happen and its time to move on.
Canucks fans knew Sutherland was going to ruin the game, everyone called it.
Whatever, Vancouver will go on to Game 3 and will be able to be more physical knowing the game will be called fair. i like their chances.
I was surprised they didn’t make Bismarck’s life more difficult…..hopefully next game….

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006

It's like a $1,000,000+ to get into a detached house 1-1.5 hours outside of Vancouver. 600-800k for a townhouse.

That has everything to do with it.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

After watching the full interview, honestly, he seems pretty complementary overall, was just a really funny little dig

IB

Aug 20, 2009
Canucks playing too passively. Need to find a bit more intensity in their zone defending. Aside from a few players who have the right personality to play hard in a zone the overall team game is tentative. 97 and 29 will bury any team that gives them this much zone time

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Well, series on. McDavid and Draisatl were dominant and playing half the game sure helped turn this game in the Oilers favour. Hey....if you got it, flaunt it. This was not unexpected and we knew they were gonna have some games like this.

The good news for the Canucks? It's 1-1, they dominated game 1, McDavid and Draisatl had to play a dominant game, play half the game, and they still only eeked out an OT win on a lucky bounce. With Skinner in net they will always have a chance in a game, and Silovs had a much better game 2. We are also 3-0 on the road and Nashville isn't exactly Toronto when it comes to building atmosphere.

The team still believes they can win the series and they should. A 1-1 split and I think we're feeling pretty optimistic.

Reactions: Nuck Bonino
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad