Series Talk: WCSF Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers. (Series tied 3-3)

You prediction for this series?

• Vancouver in 7

Votes: 190 16.9%
  • Vancouver in 6

Votes: 191 17.0%
  • Vancouver in 5

Votes: 46 4.1%
  • Vancouver in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%
  • Edmonton in 7

Votes: 82 7.3%
  • Edmonton in 6

Votes: 362 32.2%
  • Edmonton in 5

Votes: 174 15.5%
  • Edmonton in 4

Votes: 40 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_6101.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers
WCSF

***Mod notes***

We understand this will be an intense series filled with emotions. We ask that you refrain from personal attacks towards others members, fans, and cities.

If you feel someone is baiting or trolling you, please report it rather than reply. Thank you.

Last edited:

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
You're right, a high stick cutting Hughes' face open with blood is a dive. Very astute observation.
yea that's exactly the dive(s) plural I mentioned, you're very clever

JT Miller sounds like such a tool in every interview he gives. Is he the most uptight player in the league?

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Coaches should be able to challenge for non calls. Especially if it draws blood like that.
Do you know how many Calls McD would draw if we have a var room. A Oiler PP half the game!

Why blood? You can chew your tounge för 2 min extra, when you feels the stick .

It was a missed call as zadorovs high stick on Hyman in first. Often evens up..

Happy that we play home next 2, so we can get some freebies.

Reactions: oilers4life5

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Pretty entertaining series so far. Canucks deserved game 1 and Oilers game 2. Back to Edmonton to see what happens next.

AnInjuredJasonZucker

Feb 21, 2014
Spearing is a major, and Hoglander some how got a penalty so the Canucks doesn't get a PP.
I didn't see the angle from the cup cam (Is that part of the Centre Ice package?), but that was most likely shaft (no pun intended) contact. Spearing would be with the tip of the blade.

And no need to be obtuse with the "some how". Hoglander was called for interference, which was the correct call. Both penalties deserved. I'm not going to say I applaud Ryan for doing that. It's pretty scummy (and completely out of character), but he negated an Oilers powerplay, and it turned out pretty well for the Canucks on that particular tradeoff.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Sutherland continues to be a shit ref
Why? I asked in the GDT no-one answered honestly. Why? I watched the game and saw the calls. Sure, nowhere near from perfect, but today's game was far from absolute debauchery as some here would like to paint it.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Why? I asked in the GDT no-one answered honestly. Why? I watched the game and saw the calls. Sure, nowhere near from perfect, but today's game was far from absolute debauchery as some here would like to paint it.

One of Sutherland's most famous act was to give a 10 minute misconduct, to a star forward who did nothing but take 5 punches to the head, during a critical game in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Just a bunch of Canucks fans holding a ~15 year long grudge because Sutherland reffed some of the games in their SCF trip where they got bullied by the Bruins.

One of Sutherland's most famous act was to give a 10 minute misconduct, to a star forward who did nothing but take 5 punches to the head, during a critical game in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Exhibit A

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Just a bunch of Canucks fans holding a ~15 year long grudge because Sutherland reffed some of the games in their SCF trip where they got bullied by the Bruins.

Exhibit A

It's year in and year out Sutherland screws over teams he doesn't like, not just the Canucks.

He is just more blatant with the Canucks hate, displays it publicly in interviews too.

• Love
Reactions: McSaveUs and Spawn

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Here's what a dive looks like.

You ever been hit like that? Do you know how that feels? I'll tell you first hand, it's not fun. Years in Junior 'C' up to Junior 'A' Laugh all you want but the body can only take so much shock/pain before it collapses on itself. Bunch of tough guys on an internet discussion forum giving their educated 'opinion' on shit they just don't know.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
You ever been hit like that? Do you know how that feels? I'll tell you first hand, it's not fun. Years in Junior 'C' up to Junior 'A' Laugh all you want but the body can only take so much shock/pain before it collapses on itself. Bunch of tough guys on an internet discussion forum giving their educated 'opinion' on shit they just don't know.
This is definitely one of the better satirical posts I've seen on this site. I see you.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009

Seems to be just sour fans who always claim that the officiating is the worst its ever been. Hear it every year. There were definitely some missed calls and some soft calls tonight both ways. Both teams had 3 Power plays. Each had 1 PP goal. Wasn't really a factor in the game.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Lmfao irl, you’re lost in the word sauce

if it wasn’t clear to you that my reply wasn’t talking about those three incidents, just go to bed
Why would you reply to my post about those three incidents if you weren't going to talk about them?

Seems to be just sour fans who always claim that the officiating is the worst its ever been. Hear it every year. There were definitely some missed calls and some soft calls tonight both ways. Both teams had 3 Power plays. Each had 1 PP goal. Wasn't really a factor in the game.
Nono. We literally only complain about this one ref. And he did it again. I've said as much in the main board GDT about his piss poor officiating when Washington played Philly in the last game of the season - he missed a pretty obvious call there as well. It's just him.

• Haha
Reactions: soothsayer

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Why would you reply to my post about those three incidents if you weren't going to talk about them?

Nono. We literally only complain about this one ref. And he did it again. I've said as much in the main board GDT about his piss poor officiating when Washington played Philly in the last game of the season - he missed a pretty obvious call there as well. It's just him.

Never said they did a good job. Only said it was equally bad for both teams.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Oilers were the better 3rd period team, but I think even Oilers fans can probably admit that us Canucks fans predicting Kelly Sutherland would be horrible tonight was pretty funny after seeing McDavid get away with a 4-minute high stick, some no name spearing Hoglander in the balls, and Kane slew footing Hughes.
Canucks had a better record with him
reffing their games this year than the Oilers did. Canucks were 2-1 and the Oilers were 2-4 in games he reffed.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I didn't think it at first but upon replay I have to say...

McDavid clearly sees Hughes there (he's greatest player ever his vision isn't a problem), what is he doing lifting his stick that high in that tight of space?? Nvm not even reacting to the pass.

Wonder what he was attempting there...

Karma will eventually catch up to him if he keeps on doing dirty things on ice because he feels protected by the referees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad