GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The career college backup that every single NHL team passes on year when Pickard is on waivers is starting tonight in a must win game in a cup or bust year. :laugh::laugh::laugh: Absolutely hilarious
To be fair to Pickard he was pretty good in the AHL the two years before this one and did everything you could ask of a backup this season in 23 games.

But I agree it is a joke that Holland didn’t get a real goalie.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Demko : I'm hurt.
DeSmith : I'm hurt.
Silvos : Okay, I play.

Campbell : Team has no confidence in me.
Skinner : Team has no confidence in me.
Pickard : It's my turn now.
After game 4 Silovs: I'm hurt

Zamboni guy you're next!

Reactions: Summer Rose

Brookbank

Nov 15, 2022
So do the Oilers change their game because Pickard is in net? More conservative break outs etc?
Probably. If everything goes their way they could chase Silovs and turn the whole series upside down again.

But Tocchet and the boys will be ready.

Oilers coach has not even played in the minor leagues, his coaching record mostly consists of junior leagues, Canucks coach has an NHL career that has 952pts and 2972 PIMs in 1144 GP, with one Cup as a player and two as Assistant Coach.

I think those sort of reflect their coaching philosophies. One has been in the trenches, and one hasn't.
This is true but he wasn't totally in over his head in the regular season.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
1715707160768.png

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
What if Knoblauch change his goalie after every stoppage in play? Would that provide enough rest time for McBaby and Crysaitl to play 40 minutes?
There's enough rest time in between Tocchet crying to the refs. Same amount of time for me to use the washroom, stretch my legs and grab some more popcorns

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Random thought, but I wonder what Spector's attitude was back in the 90s/early 00s when Dallas was routinely schooling the Oilers. Any conspiracy there?

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
I'm super jealous of Canucks goaltending situation for almost the last 20 years.
Luongo, Schneider, Miller, Markstrom, Demko.
Pretty crazy.

Let me show you what the powerhouse Oilers had in the same period of time

Garon, Deslauriers, Khabibulin, Dubnyk, Scrivens, Bryz, Fasth, Talbot, Brossoit, Gustavsson, Smith, Koskinen, Skinner.

We are basically the Coyotoes goalie dumping ground.
Pretty grisly when you lay it out like that. Canucks fans know how that feels, at least the older ones do...Luongo doesn't get enough credit in this city for ending the goalie graveyard by himself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad