GDT: WCSF - Game 5 - Winnipeg at Nashville - 8:30 PM Central - NBCSN, CBC, TVAS - Series Tied 2-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
If I was Lavy, for the next game I would just assign each Preds player a Jets player and say that is your guy to cover and cover only and nobody else cause this team seems to want to do too much and ends up not covering any man as a result. They seem to not know basic defensive plays. If you are covering your man and your man only, it shouldn't be this easy for them to just man handle you in your end of the ice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
If I was Lavy, for the next game I would just assign each Preds player a Jets player and say that is your guy to cover and cover only and nobody else cause this team seems to want to do too much and ends up not coming any man.

Well, since the Jets control the matchups at home, I don't even want to think about how this will turn out.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well, since the Jets control the matchups at home, I don't even want to think about how this will turn out.

Well I meant more for the games on our ice. If they would have been discipline enough in this game, they wouldn't have the meltdown we saw tonight.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If I was Lavy, for the next game I would just assign each Preds player a Jets player and say that is your guy to cover and cover only and nobody else cause this team seems to want to do too much and ends up not covering any man as a result. They seem to not know basic defensive plays. If you are covering your man and your man only, it shouldn't be this easy for them to just man handle you so easily in your end of the ice.
And who handles the D now? McCarthy? Somebody needs to sit PK down with a video of all the times he goes down... and it doesn't work.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
And who handles the D now? McCarthy? Somebody needs to sit PK down with a video of all the times he goes down... and it doesn't work.

I'm just being sarcastic. I know PK is sucking defensively but so has the rest of our team. At least PK is contributing offensively. When you lose this bad it's not just one player that is the problem but a bunch of players. Even though they are going to be beaten sometimes, if the team would just commit to staying on one player and one player only they are going to have less of a breakdown than what we saw tonight.

Last edited:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Jarnkrok seems to just struggle in the playoffs big time, it doesn't matter what team he faces.
Hes been injured most of this playoffs after having a very solid year, who knows what he would or could have done.

I think Lavi held onto the Watson/Bonino/Sissons line too long instead of moving some things around. Think he hamstrung himself a bit.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
This is a series where we could've really used Neal too. Even more so than Jarnkrok.
I agree with this.

Neal isn't a world beater in the playoffs, but very solid. He puts up consistent scoring chances in a secondary role, in the playoffs-- something no one on our 2nd line can do.

But he wouldn't have fixed our out of sync defense.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
The only thing we have going for us is game 6 is on the road- lol

Watch us win that game but then lose in game 7 at home. This team just mentally folds when the pressure is on. Last year was different cause nobody had any expectations from that team and didn't even think they would get out of the first round let alone make it to the finals and so there was no pressure except when it got to the finals then they looked nervous in that series and we saw what happened there. Now that the pressure/the expectation is higher this year, they aren't looking as great this year and seem to fold under the pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad