GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Every few years the Nucks show up to playoffs with low expectations.

Did we not just win the Pacific Division? You should know, we beat you guys 4 times in the regular season to take it lmao - to say low expectations is funny. Low expectations is having 2 of the top 3 players in the world (One who will likely end up being top 5 all time once things are set and done) and having your own fans say it wouldn't be a disappointment if the Oilers didn't make the Stanley Cup.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Reading Canucks fans crying about McDavid savagely "two-handing" Soucy is beyond hilarious.
i mean he basically took a medieval sword and tried to chop his entire leg off so i can see how they get upset. hockey pants are only designed to protect against 100mph rubber pucks not sticks aka swords

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
They aren't out to get the Canucks. The league has a mandate to help McDavid get far.

It isn't some conspiracy. The same thing was going on for years with Crosby.

There isn't any denying it. The league would like nothing more than McDavid in the cup finals.
Then removing Carson Soucy who has bled amongst the most HDSC on the Canucks this series wasn’t the way to do it. The Oilers want Soucy out there right now.

It’s almost like this conspiracy of yours and reality don’t line up. Victim complex is strong despite being up in the series.

Reactions: Summer Rose

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I expect the oil to take an early 2-0 lead - both on the PP - and limit MCDarai's icetime to under 23 minutes.

oil have to show up tonight, 'nucks are just going for the party. Game 5 will be the real test, with the series a best of three at that point

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Then removing Carson Soucy who has bled amongst the most HDSC on the Canucks this series wasn’t the way to do it. The Oilers want Soucy out there right now.

It’s almost like this conspiracy of yours and reality don’t line up. Victim complex is strong despite being up in the series.
It isn't a conspiracy it is just facts. If there wasn't a conspiracy, Hyman and Kane would have been suspended alongside Soucy.

But the NHL just doesn't care at this point. Everyone already knows.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
It isn't a conspiracy it is just facts. If there wasn't a conspiracy, Hyman and Kane would have been suspended alongside Soucy.

But the NHL just doesn't care at this point. Everyone already knows.
Getting the neck snapped back from a cross check to the head is not equivalent to the examples you’re providing.

You can disagree with that - but peddling more than that and saying “FaCTs” doesn’t make it any less of a conspiracy.

Although this doesn’t surprise anyone since it’s been happening before the series got underway.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
What I think is going to happen is they are going to have them on different lines tonight, and by the end of this first period, drai and McDavid are gonna be back together for the second half of the game 100%.

It’s the only formula they have a chance, they can’t touch canucks depth

This unfortunately very accurate. The McDrai drug is too strong, every coach relapses to it.

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
Likewise, reading Oiler fans try comparing Soucy's crosscheck to Bertuzzi assaulting Moore is even more hilarious. Lubricous but hilarious all the same.

But yes, let's continue pretending only one fanbase has ridiculous takes.
Incorrect. Are you on X? The sheer hordes of Canucks fans crying for blood over McDavid's muffin swing takes the cake, and any future cake that may come out of the oven for the rest of the series.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007

That has to do more with Soucy’s deployment. I think he’s still positive in GF/GA. I don’t think Hughes or Zadarov would do better in the same deployment ie collapsing and protect defense.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
Likewise, reading Oiler fans try comparing Soucy's crosscheck to Bertuzzi assaulting Moore is even more hilarious. Lubricous but hilarious all the same.

But yes, let's continue pretending only one fanbase has ridiculous takes.
I would love to see a serious example of this. I can guarantee that is either 1-2 crazy fans or a bad joke.

I honestly find the conspiracy theories that are being spouted by nucks fan much more hilarious.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC

Soucy is getting absolutely caved in right now, no doubt about it. Sadly, he's actually been fairly mediocre since he came back from the second injury. I can't tell if his early season play was indicative of his skillset or if he accidentally gaslit me into thinking he was great and this is a more accurate representation of what to expect.

Either way, he is somehow 3-2 5v5 this series so he was, perhaps accidentally, treading water in terms of actual production when lined against McDrai so far.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
I honestly find the conspiracy theories that are being spouted by nucks fan much more hilarious

People said Canucks fans were all conspiracy theorists in 2011 until the emails came out.

Hilarious what some folks can convince themselves of.

Totally, like how the goaltender is the only one to blame when he is left out to dry by his teammates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad