GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Vancouver's offense is mediocre. EP could change that, but it's definitely been whatever. They're being gifted goals every game and still can't manage to win by more than one. The series predictions were what they were for good reason, I suppose.

I do agree Skinner has let in some weak goals in this series for sure, but don't think it's been nearly egregious. You have Boeser walking in from the slot wide open in 2 of the goals, 1 tip from Lindholm and the other Lindholm was pretty much wide open in front of the net. If Edmonton can fix their defensive woes, then this series gets interesting.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
McDavid scores 3 goals and 4 assists tonight. Draisaitl scores 2 goals 3 assists.

Oilers win in a blowout
Zadorov grabs McDavid and Draisaitl by the backs of their heads, bonks their heads together like Hulk Hogan in a tag team match, dropping the two of them to the ice where they flop around like a pair of beached seals. Zadorov then laughs maniacally and skates aways as McDavid and Draisaitl plead to the referee for a call that never comes, because he hates McDavid and Draisaitl just as much as everyone not from Edmonton.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
No, the conspiracy about all refs and the league being out to get the Canucks. The one that started before game 1.

I went to game 2, it might have been the worst officiated game I've ever seen. Even if Canucks fans came in with the mindset of these 'conspiracies', the refs have done nothing but validate those conspiracies.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
More or less embarrassing than having to play a generational talent almost 30 minutes a game to try and beat a 3rd string AHL goalie?
The Oilers faults doesn’t change the conspiracy being peddled by the Canucks side.

Exactly. Oiler fans should be embarrassed about all their posts whining about the McDavid scrum and wishing injury on Zadarov and Soucy.
Not quite. The threads are public and it’s the opposite. Canuck fans were openly mocking a brutal play to the neck/head/spine of a player.

Again, not sure why everyone is getting butthurt.

Me stating that the coach, fans and now players are all peddling an anti-Canucks conspiracy is true. And embarrassing.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Got it, so less embarrassing. Cool.
No, playing victim and peddling a conspiracy is very embarrassing.

Our goaltending/deployment is also embarrassing, sure - not sure why that’s a point against what I said though.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
They aren't out to get the Canucks. The league has a mandate to help McDavid get far.

It isn't some conspiracy. The same thing was going on for years with Crosby.

There isn't any denying it. The league would like nothing more than McDavid in the cup finals.
the refs that the canucks have an 11-0 record when they are on the ice?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
438095794_18310104130146156_8237641425217402195_n.jpg

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Once in a while Canucks have stinkers and they’re due for one so I am expecting a blowout loss to the Oilers.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Zad definitely deserved a penalty here, and it was worth it. I understand the anger from Oily Boy fans over the bench interference penalty that evened things up, but them's the rules. In fact, they didn't issue a game misconduct for the player who did it, so they actually went soft on Edmonton. But that turned into our advantage as well because I believe the offending party was Foegele, and we want him out there as often as possible.

Nuck Bonino

May 10, 2011
Once in a while Canucks have stinkers and they’re due for one so I am expecting a blowout loss to the Oilers.
Yep Oilers are going to be fired up and Nucks have a top4 D out of the lineup. I expect a similar game to game 2, not expecting a Nucks win tonight

Reactions: Brookbank

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
What I think is going to happen is they are going to have them on different lines tonight, and by the end of this first period, drai and McDavid are gonna be back together for the second half of the game 100%.

It’s the only formula they have a chance, they can’t touch canucks depth

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Weird. Reading the comments on here the past week, I was under the impression that the Canucks were perennial Stanley Cup contenders.

Get real. Most Canuck fans have been saying the team is a lot better than the Oilers fanbase is giving them credit for. Most Oilers fans were predicting a sweep or at worst a series win in 5. Canucks fan were laughing at the ego of the Oilers fanbase.

Reactions: Nuck Bonino
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad