GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Everybody knows you can throw out the regular season stats..Didnt the Jets wipe the floor with the Av's in the regular season.?

As big a story the Canucks having a breakout season was, the complete turnaround of the Oilers (after a brutal fist quarter) was a bigger story.
I kind of agree. Eg. we meet in playoffs and we win.. I laugh about those whippings. However,
4-0 in regular season and 2-1 in playoffs. It's all Nucks for now. I'm hoping this changes of course.lol

Reactions: Summer Rose

Bobby9

Feb 10, 2019
Lot of Nucks fans celebrating a series victory in here lol.
Not the rational ones. Lots of hockey to play.

With that being said: Its nice to see the team earn some respect around the league and embarrass all the sports pundits. We don't have the generational talents but we're a well built team and have a good structure and system and its enjoyable to be playing spoiler so far

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
I kind of agree. Eg. we meet in playoffs and we win.. I laugh about those whippings. However,
4-0 in regular season and 2-1 in playoffs. It's all Nucks for now. I'm hoping this changes of course.lol
Yea, we had a dominating streak for a while, but they turned it around this year.

1715710377593.png

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

Here read it, post #3 is Canucks in 7, not Oilers sweep and Canucks riot. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Oh yeah... datapoint = trend = conclusion... you're right, my bubble is completely burst!

Your thread doesn't have a poll, you are welcome to spin it however you want... as expected on your own board, I see plenty of partisan posts. You are welcome to them.

But the accusation was that Oiler fans, as a whole, were taking this series lightly. The data... like real data... suggests otherwise.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He isn't inexperienced, he's just inadequate! :laugh:
He might be. He's been pretty solid in a backup role all year. The playoffs are different, but he's not a bad goalie by any stretch.
I love how Zadorov is in the Oilers and their fans' heads.

You love to see it and you can tell big Z loves it too.
We're used to having out way with him. He's playing better now than he ever has before, so that's great for you guys. I know Zadorov was a running joke for me when he was in Calgary because we always made him look foolish. We just have a long standing dislike for him, more than the rest of your team. Plus the media is all over him this time around, so we're hearing every chirp he says. It's what makes playoff hockey fun. He talks trash, we hate him for it, ha ha.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Go read the series thread before game 1 and report back. Like I said, its on both sides, but don;t pretend many Oilers fans weren't spouting off pretty hard.

I'm not pretending that, that's what they are supposed to be doing, they are after all hockey fans.

Just like Vancouver fans were well within their rights to complain that the media wasn't taking them seriously.

But that was the media.

I'm just correcting your statement that it was a majority of us that didn't take Vancouver seriously. It's simply a false narrative. The data supports it as false.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Go read the series thread before game 1 and report back. Like I said, its on both sides, but don;t pretend many Oilers fans weren't spouting off pretty hard.
Given that all the news/tv media hockey experts had the Oilers beating the Canucks in 5-6 games...Its pretty easy to see how many Oiler fans thought dispatching the Canucks would be a fairly rudimentary task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad