GDT: WCSF: Game 4 - Edmonton Oilers vs Vancouver Canucks, 7:30pm, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
It's cup or bust for every team at this point. Canucks are 2 games away from the WCF, this may be this cores best chance.

Canucks : People didn't think we were even gonna still be playing, we are just gonna do our best and give it our all.

Oilers : Cup or Bust, posts isn't good goaltending, it's all Skinner's fault.

Reactions: Summer Rose

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Canucks need to get an early goal to rattle Pickard. He’s fresh, new and inexperienced. The guy is under tremendous pressure to perform with an entire City behind him. Edmonton is all out of answers and will have to rely on their power play and playing McDrai all game long.
He isn't really inexperienced. He's a career backup who is getting a shot to prove he can be more, so the pressure might be there, but I wouldn't call him inexperienced at this stage of his career.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Canucks : People didn't think we were even gonna still be playing, we are just gonna do our best and give it our all.

Oilers : Cup or Bust, posts isn't good goaltending, it's all Skinner's fault.
It isn't ALL Skinner's fault, but he's been pretty leaky. Those goal line goals are a killer. Oiler fans know that the team has had way too many giveaways and whatnot today though.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
It took all the way till post #3 for talks of a sweep and a riot. Impressive.

Where is your pre-series thread on your own board. I'm sure it's balanced and completely unoffensive.

Point is, Oiler fans were not taking this series lightly... why would we,... you swept our regular season and got our coach fired. 70% is a big number.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I disagree with underdog.. you are now 6 and 1 against us this season. You finished higher in the standings too.

Put another way... You Nucks have been a pain in my ass all season.lol
Everybody knows you can throw out the regular season stats..Didnt the Jets wipe the floor with the Av's in the regular season.?

As big a story the Canucks having a breakout season was, the complete turnaround of the Oilers (after a brutal fist quarter) was a bigger story.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Totally not true with respect to Oiler fans. Here's the data:

60% of Oiler fans predicted their team to win in 6 or 7 games. They voted with their heart and even the heart did not tell them "cakewalk"
10% of Oiler fans predicted we would lose this series.
Pre-Game Talk: - Oilers vs. Canucks - time to make Vancouver rainier than usual

So an overwhelming 70% majority did not see this as an easy series for us. It's just nonsense to suggest otherwise.
Noted "Oilers fans" VancouverJagger, Baby Petterson, vcanuck were among the names voting for a Canucks series win. Nice try though.

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Totally not true with respect to Oiler fans. Here's the data:

60% of Oiler fans predicted their team to win in 6 or 7 games. They voted with their heart and even the heart did not tell them "cakewalk"
10% of Oiler fans predicted we would lose this series.
Pre-Game Talk: - Oilers vs. Canucks - time to make Vancouver rainier than usual

So an overwhelming 70% majority did not see this as an easy series for us. It's just nonsense to suggest otherwise.
Did you read the names of the people who voted for the Canucks? I don't think we can count those votes as Oilers fans, but your point still stands. :laugh:

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Where is your pre-series thread on your own board. I'm sure it's balanced and completely unoffensive.

Point is, Oiler fans were not taking this series lightly... why would we,... you swept our regular season and got our coach fired. 70% is a big number.

Here read it, post #3 is Canucks in 7, not Oilers sweep and Canucks riot. Sorry to burst your bubble.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Yep. On Sportsnet one of 20 analysts picked the Nucks.
The series isn't 3-0. I bet those analysts stick with their pick even if they have the option of changing it.

Agree that people in general underestimated the Canucks but the popular prediction was oilers in 6. Still a possibility.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Did you read the names of the people who voted for the Canucks? I don't think we can count those votes as Oilers fans, but your point still stands. :laugh:

Surely they must be Oiler fans. Vancouver fans wouldn't go trolling on over to our board would they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad