GDT: [WCSF GAME 3] | Edmonton Oilers vs Anaheim Ducks | 4.30.17 | 5:00PM | SN | 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Welp, that second period was maybe the best period they played all season long. Unfortunately Talbot let in one softie and it was sandwiched by two periods of dog poop. I knew it was coming too, I felt it.

If McDavid can learn to unleash his shot like that he is going to be the best player in the game by a mile.

Ryan Nugent Hopkins is a winger. I've said this for like a year+ now. He is a winger. Play him on the freaking wing. There's no shame in it, Duchene, Mackinnon, many others have started at center and moved to wing. He is much better at wing. Draisaitl is better at center.

Eberle is useless.

The opening goal play we got burned on was smart by the Ducks, can't even be mad at that. We'll have to learn from that.
Nuge played center with Drai . Drai just took faceoffs :help:

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Then skate it out. There wasn't a single Ducks forward close to Nurse.

Then you are forcing the Oilers to either skate all the way back to the zone, turn around and gain speed with Nurse's rush, or they stay stagnant waiting for Nurse to make a pass when he hits the blue line or red line and hit their blue line with no speed and 5 Ducks piled in the neutral zone.

I really don't see how you think that is the better option. But I am done arguing about it.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Because Larsson isn't a dumb dumb. He's a better passer, thinker, and all around just better than Nurse.

There wasn't a single reason for Nurse to try that play.

Adam Larsson was in the AHL in his 21 year old season, he was far from perfect at that age. Nurse turned 22 in Febuary, the game is REALLY fast, everybody makes mistakes. Settle down, it's a common breakout and he misread how much room he had.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Then you are forcing the Oilers to either skate all the way back to the zone, turn around and gain speed with Nurse's rush, or they stay stagnant waiting for Nurse to make a pass when he hits the blue line or red line and hit their blue line with no speed.

I really don't see how you think that is the better option. But I am done arguing about it.

Just get the puck out of the zone. Firing a blind pass up the boards is not at all advisable.

There were TWO Ducks on the boards. How did he not see that?

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Just get the puck out of the zone. Firing a blind pass up the boards is not at all advisable.

There were TWO Ducks on the boards. How did he not see that?

Like I said, it's a good play but he used it at the wrong time. That's on Nurse. It's not on the play being "stupid" and "no NHL defencemen does it" because they do.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Not at all surprised they lost this game. There was no way they were winning this series in 4 or 5. Ducks are just too good.

Now they get an extra day to break down the many aspects of this game and learn from them. Lots of learning moments in this game.

That 4th goal was a momentum killer. Talbot has be to better and he will be.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Its okay... Nurse learned an important lesson tonight.. experience gained... time to move on!

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Complete bad luck goal, we should have tied it in the first part of the third. They come back and once that 5th goal was called for Anaheim, you knew this game was over. All the air out of the team and the building - young, inexperienced and emotional. 100%, if that's called for Edmonton, energy's back and we score to tie and win this game.

Chin up, don't spot them 3 goals in the first, and use those new look lines.
Tell me what coach after a 5 min break and just went down by 2 goals sends out his 3rd line ? That killed any momentum comeback right there. That line was weak all game.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Adam Larsson was in the AHL in his 21 year old season, he was far from perfect at that age. Nurse turned 22 in Febuary, the game is REALLY fast, everybody makes mistakes. Settle down, it's a common breakout and he misread how much room he had.

This.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Is there a more useless player than Eberle? Can't believe he managed 34g 76 pt in a season before. Supposed to be in his prime now and he's putrid.

Michael Grabner scored 34 goals too, in his first full season. It's so weird though, he didn't get a $36 million contract for it :huh:

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Welp, that second period was maybe the best period they played all season long. Unfortunately Talbot let in one softie and it was sandwiched by two periods of dog poop.

If McDavid can learn to unleash his shot like that he is going to be the best player in the game by a mile.

Ryan Nugent Hopkins is a winger. I've said this for like a year+ now. He is a winger. Play him on the freaking wing. There's no shame in it, Duchene, Mackinnon, many others have started at center and moved to wing. He is much better at wing. Draisaitl is better at center. Play RNH at wing with McDavid or Draisaitl and he will score points.

Eberle is useless. Cannot play playoff hockey.

The opening goal play we got burned on was smart by the Ducks, can't even be mad at that. We'll have to learn from that.

What lol. Nugent Hopkins is an excellent center and his only real defecieny in the position is faceoffs. He's driven the 2nd line all year and is BY FAR our 3rd most valuable forward and most complete center. His defensive zone coverage and ability to aid the breakout is excellent, there's a reason he's able to do as well as he has in tough matchups without great help. Eberle and Lucic come and go in their effectiveness and Pouliot has been poor this year while Kassian and Slepyshev aren't top 6 options. Nuge is turning into an ideal 2nd line center.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Oilers need to come out hard next game. They honestly probably win this game if Talbot plays well. Also you look at the first 4 goals and they are all stupid individual mistakes. We can clean that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->