Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Legit, might be the most exciting matchup in a while. The second round has some great matchups but this one is the best. Not even going to homer it up bringing up Rangers-Canes.
The NHL tends to have amazing 1st rounds due to some legit favourites being upset, but the 2nd rounds tend to falter a bit due to those underdogs getting destroyed by another superior team. However, this year is different, not a lot of upsets in the 1st, so this 2nd round (and potentially 3rd) is looking to be one of the best I think I have ever seen. Top 3.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
avs need to make use of their rest and really work the stars in the first 2 games. steal a game in dallas and hopefully have a tired stars team in the altitude and away from home.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Two pretty sick rosters on paper. Dallas is prob one of the few teams that shouldn’t get completely overwhelmed with Colorado’s tempo. Better goalie by far and home-ice. Dallas takes it in a nail biter.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
He didnt even specifically mention Edmonton. Yet, here you are with your victim complex crusade as if he had.
Oilers fans man, what can you do?

Should be a good series and if either team wins while staying healthy through this series, should have an easy path to the SC finals
Be careful saying this, there are some fragile Oilers fans lurking in this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Jixer19

DeathSniper

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
Mr. Pete "Game 7" DeBoer is now 8-0 in G7s so if it goes to a game 7 Dal will win QUITE OBVIOUSLY.

That being said, I hope Dallas wins in 6 as series like the ones against VGK and also playing basically 5 D tend to accumulate physical and mental tolls pretty rapidly.

Fulmination

Nov 1, 2019
Even the staunchest Suter haters on the Stars board admit that Suter's been good in a bottom pairing role.

Lundkvist is fine but PDB refuses to play him.
As much as I think Nils should be fine, he proved on his 3rd shift after being benched the whole first that he loses focus or something. He just left his man for a back and forth pass goal.

I met him a training camp two years ago. When he first was traded. Seemed extra hyper and kinda thought he was special. It’s in his head.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Maybe he wakes up in this series.......I think he got his first point of the playoffs last night on Wyatt's opening tally.

Looked pretty bad all series. :help:

EDIT: Nope, didn't even get an assist, now that I checked. 0pts thorugh 7 games. :shakehead

Honestly, it finally looks like age is catching up to him. He was never the fleetest of skaters, but his skating is now a liability (especially against a fast team).

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Have the Avs taking this. There may be a little rust from the layover, but they looked poised and locked in. Just too much talent. That speed and skill will exploit a weakened D. Otter will keep Dallas in most games though.

The only scenario where I could see Dallas prevail is if Georgiev reverts to his end-of-season form.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
Dallas is the more balanced team but Colorado's taking this series. MacKinnon and co. are going to absolutely light up Oettinger; I think he's one of the most overrated goalies in the league.

That being said, it will still be a close series just because of Georgiev. But ultimately Dallas isn't getting thru Colorado after a 7 game war with Vegas. Expect no-shows from Seguin, Benn and Pavelski. Makar and Toews will be stuck to Johnston like glue

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
There are only 2 teams in this whole playoffs I would have been absolutely shocked to be eliminated in any round/against any team in anything less than 6 games. Colorado is one of them (Vegas was the other).

I won't say that Colorado is unbeatable (Dallas is a great team), but to me there's absolutely no chance they don't go down swinging in at least 6, or 7 games.

I voted Colorado in 6. They're firing on all cylinders, I see them rolling over Dallas. In fact - I almost picked Colorado in 5, but ended up settling on 6. Should be a great series

Reactions: Farmboy Patty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad