• Colorado in 7

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
all of the talk about which team is 'better' is kinda wasted. in a 7 game series, it's matchups and adjustments that really matter when teams are close in overall talent.

Wrong.

It's clearly where I sit on my couch. The left cushion crushed it for us in the WPG series. However, I will never touch the right cushion again.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Weird move for a team with cup aspirations to not load up with an extra depth NHL defenseman or two.

Only playing 5 defenseman real minutes is risky enough, if one of those guys gets injured the jig is up. Heiskanen has already logged almost 200 minutes in round 1 alone. The altitude in Denver is not going to be kind to him.

39 year old Ryan Suter has played more ice time than Cale Makar through round 1.

Wait a second, a team that played 2 more games than the other has guys that played high minutes! WOW! You dont say!

• Haha
Reactions: Perratrooper

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I have a feeling Dallas comes ahead here but chokes in next series. Just a hunch

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Ah yes I think I remember that video. It was not a good look for sure.

That being said, I still stand by my take of some guys taking more time to grow up and mature than others.

But also let’s be real, most athletes in the in their 20’s can be douches.
I’m sure most athletes talk about each other and other teams in less-than-flattering ways. And it’s not just athletes but people in general. Almost everyone in history talks in poor taste about their peers, it’s just that he got recorded. Not fair for him but a very bad look nonetheless. I work in the oil/gas industry and I can’t tell you how many times this has happened with people accidentally keying two way radios, walkey talkeys, etc. It’s funny but embarrassing at the same time.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Wait a second, a team that played 2 more games than the other has guys that played high minutes! WOW! You dont say!

1715014697631.png

Reactions: tucker3434

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I have a feeling Dallas comes ahead here but chokes in next series. Just a hunch
Assuming this goes 6 or 7. The Stars will have played two tough series that went the distance. Avs with their breakneck speed are not going to make things easy. Dallas could be gassed in the conference finals as a result.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Go watch his Uber video when his team was in Phoenix. If he changed, good for him, but I doubt it. Guy is a douchebag and is probably better at being undercover about it.

TBF that wasn't any more douchie than most NHLers can get behind closed doors.

I think the rebuild life just wore him down and he was ready to move on, which the guys who showed up a little later took personally. Especially with the team already feeling abandoned by Roy on the eve of the season.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Some epic series between these two, 99 and 00 especially.

So far it´s always been either a Dallas game 7 win or the Avs in 5.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I think the rebuild life just wore him down and he was ready to move on
The teams rebuild was a lot of him leaving. I don't know why Avs fans are glossing over this. Guys was a 2C in the first place.

Reactions: MBTendy

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Assuming this goes 6 or 7. The Stars will have played two tough series that went the distance. Avs with their breakneck speed are not going to make things easy. Dallas could be gassed in the conference finals as a result.
You make it sound like Dallas is slow which is not the case.

Reactions: MBTendy

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What we all saw last night would be evidence to the contrary. Jesus christ is Vegas slow and Dallas didn't look much faster.

Vegas-Dallas games are always like that.

Dallas doesn't have many fast skaters but they do play a fast paced game generally as we saw during the regular season. Most of their offense comes in transition/off the rush

Reactions: Ararana

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
You make it sound like Dallas is slow which is not the case.
They have speed. Just saying that two long series against Vegas and Colorado can take the juice out of you, we seen similar happen a bunch of times. Doesn´t help that the Pacific teams have it way easier.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Why does some Oilers fan invariably shoehorn their team into every thread? Talk about needy.

If you followed the chain of comments, you would see that I didn’t chime in until the following post was made:

So this is basically the WCF. Let's make the damn thing 1-8 in the playoffs. Tired of Pacific getting free WCF appearance.

Did that answer your question @John Mandalorian or did I disrupt what I’m sure would have been a very entertaining circle jerk?

Reactions: 2for1PizzaPastuh

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
I have a firm opinion on who wins every series this round except this one. Either one of these teams is good enough to win the Cup.

Oettinger is looking very confident. Could be the advantage that tips the balance in Dallas' favor. Both teams are stacked. Not sure if this series will be the most entertaining one of round 2, but to me it's the most interesting.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
If you followed the chain of comments, you would see that I didn’t chime in until the following post was made:

Did that answer your question @John Mandalorian or did I disrupt what I’m sure would have been a very entertaining circle jerk?

He didnt even specifically mention Edmonton. Yet, here you are with your victim complex crusade as if he had. Its like you were here looking for a slight and looking for a fight.

Reactions: Fulmination
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad