• Colorado in 7

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Not even asking that, just worth pointing out how bad the officials are.

Everyone complains about the officials. Calling it embarrassing when you're guilty of the same is in fact embarrassing. Wonder what I'd find in your post history. Probably some of the same.

Yeah, the officials aren't going to catch every zone entry in real time, obviously (sometimes I'm pretty sure they're just guessing when they blow a play dead :laugh:) ......and to be honest even if the Avs had scored after that particular entry it would've felt pretty cheap to go to review and challenge it because I hate when coaches do that. :help:

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Yeah, the officials aren't going to catch every zone entry in real time, obviously......and to be honest even if the Avs had scored after that particular entry it would've felt pretty cheap to go to review and challenge it because I hate when coaches do that. :help:
That's one they really should have caught, dude was way off side

• Haha
Reactions: Turbonium

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Why?

Embellishment doesnt mean the trip/hook didnt happen. And manson was called for the penalty. Read the rules. It’s the refs opinion that hintz made an unnatural motion to sell the call when in the refs opinion, he could have tried to stay balanced in that situation.
He sold it by falling off the wrong leg

redandyellowcametobe

Jan 4, 2019
If you're gonna make a claim, at least get the claim right. Stick hit his right leg, his right leg fell out in stride
Bro. I just went back and watched it from every angle a few times. There is absolutely nothing that makes him fall. He gets barely tapped on his thigh. That doesn’t send an NHL’er down like that. Come on. He tried to sell by falling and got caught. It’s pretty simple.

Notice how there wasn’t a single argument from Hintz? He knew

• Haha
Reactions: Elysian

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Bro. I just went back and watched it from every angle a few times. There is absolutely nothing that makes him fall. He gets barely tapped on his thigh. That doesn’t send an NHL’er down like that. Come on. He tried to sell by falling and got caught. It’s pretty simple.

Notice how there wasn’t a single argument from Hintz? He knew

They even showed him sitting in the box right after, not a word or anything lol.

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
I, for one, am super grateful the league's refs are colluding to beat the Avs opponents for them.

Whichever ref told Oettinger he's not allowed to poke check Miles Wood in OT is getting one big ass fruit basket.

#refalanche4life
And which linesman told Miro to stop skating on the OT goal as well probably got a $75 Home Depot giftcard

Reactions: The Moops

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
And which linesman told Miro to stop skating on the OT goal as well probably got a $75 Home Depot giftcard

FWIW, Miro didn't "stop skating", he got beat by a faster skater after clocking nearly half an hour of ice time throughout the game - which led everyone on either team, I'm pretty sure.

If Otter wasn't crouching in his own net he makes that save and the Avs probably score a minute or two later anyway on some other rush. That kind of night I guess.

Reactions: Elysian

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Holy f*** this has developed into some stupid shit.

Dallas lost, because they were content with a 3-0 lead and thought flip/chip and change would be fine for 40minutes, they stopped skating. Once they started again it wasn't it was already too late.
You can't stop skating for 40mins against the Avs without a 6goal lead. It bit them in the ass several times against them this year too.

It wasn't because of reffing, or because of a missed offside.
If you need to blame anyone. Oettinger should be candidate #1.
The Makar goal should never go in, unscreened, wrist shot from the point, should never go in against an NHL goalie.
The Wood goal was also horribly misplayed by Oettinger, which again is par for the course. He's been bad all year, with isolated pockets of solid play several months apart. He's living off a reputation he built against the Flames that he's never gotten close to replicating. Even aside from him
Mistakes cost the Stars the game.
The biggest mistake was being content with a 3-0 lead.
Johnston breaking his stick on the PK directly led to a goal against as well. Shit happens.
The good news is, that when they actually put in the work, they can skate with the Avs, they were the better team in OT, but again all they had to do was put in that effort for 60mins, they didn't. It would also be nice if Oettinger could ever make "that" save, like Gorgiev did in OT.
You knew how it was going to end with how the Stars controlled OT, that the first or 2nd shot against Oettinger was going in, and it did.

They got exactly what they deserved.

Dallas not have a coach that looks at these things to challenge or was he paid off by Sakic?
Can't challenge unless a goal is scored.

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
So a goal isn't scored and people are crying about something that didn't impact the game? I figured this led to a goal the way it's being used as proof of the refs favoring the Avs...at least I guess that's what the whining hinting at? Riveting.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
So a goal isn't scored and people are crying about something that didn't impact the game? I figured this led to a goal the way it's being used as proof of the refs favoring the Avs...at least I guess that's what the whining hinting at? Riveting.
It led to a PP, that led to a goal.
If they call the offside, there's no PP which in turn means, there's no goal.
But the avs were going to get a PP at some point, there or a few minutes after. Game management dictates it.

All they had to do was kill it when it was called

Turbonium

Aug 21, 2020
Spain
It led to a PP, that led to a goal.
If they call the offside, there's no PP which in turn means, there's no goal.

All they had to do was kill it when it was called
I guess? Or there's a different penalty instead or the Avs just score on a different play? I realize it's not you whining about the officiating but for one to stretch that far to do so...I'd be concerned about a pulled hammy or groin.

Either way, doesn't matter now and it looks like we'll have an entertaining series.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Holy f*** this has developed into some stupid shit.

Dallas lost, because they were content with a 3-0 lead and thought flip/chip and change would be fine for 40minutes, they stopped skating. Once they started again it wasn't it was already too late.
You can't stop skating for 40mins against the Avs without a 6goal lead. It bit them in the ass several times against them this year too.

It wasn't because of reffing, or because of a missed offside.
If you need to blame anyone. Oettinger should be candidate #1.
The Makar goal should never go in, unscreened, wrist shot from the point, should never go in against an NHL goalie.
The Wood goal was also horribly misplayed by Oettinger, which again is par for the course. He's been bad all year, with isolated pockets of solid play several months apart. He's living off a reputation he built against the Flames that he's never gotten close to replicating. Even aside from him
Mistakes cost the Stars the game.
The biggest mistake was being content with a 3-0 lead.
Johnston breaking his stick on the PK directly led to a goal against as well. Shit happens.
The good news is, that when they actually put in the work, they can skate with the Avs, they were the better team in OT, but again all they had to do was put in that effort for 60mins, they didn't. It would also be nice if Oettinger could ever make "that" save, like Gorgiev did in OT.
You knew how it was going to end with how the Stars controlled OT, that the first or 2nd shot against Oettinger was going in, and it did.

They got exactly what they deserved.

Ironically the banter in-game was pretty chill. These things always devolve into arguments about reffing afterwards, unfortunately.

Edit: everyone and their dog knew there’d be makeup calls, happens every game. It’s also 90% of the time a ref is going to look at keeping the game even if he calls something with the hook/dive. Nothing here is new or earth shattering. It’s a tied 3rd period playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad