Votes: 12 7.8%
  • Dal in 7

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
We might win tonight.

As others have said, it's hard to imagine the best home team in the league going 0-3 at home in the series.

But man it's hard to imagine a scenario where they win game 7. We must be on a 5+ game losing streak in game 7s(0-3 under Bednar at least, with Seattle 2023, Dallas 2020 Bubble, San Jose 2019) while DeBoer has literally never lost a game 7.
Haven’t won a game 7 since 2001

02 WCF loss
03 1st round loss (after a 3-1 lead)
14 1st round loss
19 2nd round loss
2020 bubble loss (after a 3-1 comeback)
2023 1st round loss

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The Avs aren't going to break the game 7 curse if they don't keep taking stabs at it. Get a convincing win tonight and head back to Dallas with all the confidence and all the pressure on the Stars.

Really curious to see if Hintz is still out tonight. He's a pivotal piece for Dallas. His injury was the door the Avs needed to come back in this series after Nuke Order 66'd himself.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Meh to all these records in game 7s, they were different teams. Last year was the closest, but even then with the turnover in the offseason and at the TDL its not the same squad by any means.

I think these records that date back decades are fun to make up a narrative with, but they don't mean anything. There's not a player or coaching staff member on this team that was around in 02, or 03. From 14 there's Mack (and Landy). From 19 theres Mack, Makar, Rants, and G (and Landy and LOC) and from 2020 just add Toews to that group.

Those records do not apply to this team.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
When facing elimination MacK's production is (could be wrong since I looked at box scores manually) :

Seattle game 7: 1a (on the PP)
Seattle game 6:
Vegas game 6: 2a (one on the PP)
Dallas game 7:
Dallas game 6: 1g 1a (Eng)
Dallas game 5: 1g 1a
Sharks game 7:
Sharks game 6:
Nashville game 6: 1a

9 games when facing elimination. 4 of those games scoreless. 8 points. Only 5 at true 5 on 5 play.

It's been a very mixed bag. And the tale of each series is that if teams shut down MacK they win the big games.

If MacK can get going the Avs are never even pushed to the brink. He's the engine of this team and if he's firing off nothing stops them.

That late goal was hopefully the breaking of the dam.

Yes Makar can take over. And Landeskog's name is all over the scoresheet in the Avs big games.

But MacKinnon is the guy and he's going to show it tonight. He's going to chase Heskainen and Tanev off the ice. Spoon in hand ready to dine on the finest of ass.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
We might win tonight.

As others have said, it's hard to imagine the best home team in the league going 0-3 at home in the series.

But man it's hard to imagine a scenario where they win game 7. We must be on a 5+ game losing streak in game 7s(0-3 under Bednar at least, with Seattle 2023, Dallas 2020 Bubble, San Jose 2019) while DeBoer has literally never lost a game 7.
Hard to see The Avs losing all three at home, but also Dallas going 1-3 at home.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The Avs aren't going to break the game 7 curse if they don't keep taking stabs at it. Get a convincing win tonight and head back to Dallas with all the confidence and all the pressure on the Stars.

Really curious to see if Hintz is still out tonight. He's a pivotal piece for Dallas. His injury was the door the Avs needed to come back in this series after Nuke Order 66'd himself.
Seguin will be in tonight, DeBoer didn't comment as to whether Hintz even flew to Denver, he's still listing his as D2D

dmac7719

Apr 27, 2018
Ontario
no-question-about-it-ready-to-get-hurt-again.gif

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Okay, did a super serious time wasting GDT analysis based on common themes we have on our board to see what odds give us the best chance (yes I'm really this bored at work today)

1715960093333.png

So if my math is correct to have the best odds tonight:

@forsbergavs32 and I cannot make the thread, nobody is allowed to say "epic gdt" in the first page, and at least a little effort has to go into making it. It seems as if having "GDT Music" doesn't effect the result either way

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Okay, did a super serious time wasting GDT analysis based on common themes we have on our board to see what odds give us the best chance (yes I'm really this bored at work today)

View attachment 872265

@forsbergavs32 and I cannot make the thread, nobody is allowed to say "epic gdt" in the first page, and at least a little effort has to go into making it. It seems as if having "GDT Music" doesn't effect the result either way
Thank you for your service.

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
Haven’t won a game 7 since 2001

02 WCF loss
03 1st round loss (after a 3-1 lead)
14 1st round loss
19 2nd round loss
2020 bubble loss (after a 3-1 comeback)
2023 1st round loss
They won two Game 7's in 2002 but it was also the year of the 7-0 beat down in game 7 vs the Wings which is probably what started the curse in the first place.

Which isn't really a correction to what you said or anything, just saying I guess lol

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The most annoying thing about this is the fact, we are playing gimped, with 13 millions worth of cap once again not available, somehow second year in a row. Its 2 top-six wingers we are missing, dare i say 2 first-line ones. It f***ed us up last year against Seattle and it might potentially cost us again. Dallas is strong thanks to their depth, having good and experienced players even on lower lines, who were top-liners themselves not so long ago, but we could have matched that depth, if only we had our full roster.

If Landeskog is not available by the start of the next season, yet still somehow Avs player, nor is Nichuskin permanently gone and replaced, then management really needs to wake up, as they are pissing away prime of MacKs, Makars and Rantanens careers by supporting them with players, who cant be relied on.
Your point potentially has merit. The Avs cannot go thru another year of such uncertainty.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
When facing elimination MacK's production is (could be wrong since I looked at box scores manually) :

Seattle game 6:
Dallas game 7:
Sharks game 7:
Sharks game 6:

9 games when facing elimination. 4 of those games scoreless. 8 points. Only 5 at true 5 on 5 play.

It's been a very mixed bag. And the tale of each series is that if teams shut down MacK they win the big games.

If MacK can get going the Avs are never even pushed to the brink. He's the engine of this team and if he's firing off nothing stops them.

Yes Makar can take over. And Landeskog's name is all over the scoresheet in the Avs big games.

But MacKinnon is the guy and he's going to show it tonight. He's going to chase Heskainen and Tanev off the ice. Spoon in hand ready to dine on the finest of ass.
My take away from your post is "Wow! The Avs have a great history of screwing the pooch." LOL

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Stars are money on home ice this series and the altitude will work against us especially after seeing MacK struggling for air in his game 5 post game interview. Will be a miracle if we manage to squeak this one out and send the series back home to Dallas.

Flanagan

Registered Loser
Jul 10, 2011
St. John's

Seattle game 6:
Dallas game 7:
Sharks game 7:
Sharks game 6:

Most of MacKinnon's poor elimination game stats can be blamed on Matt Duchene.

Seattle game 7: MacKinnon scores the game tying goal, only for it to be overturned on a coach's challenge due to a missed offside call. Avs lose 2-1.

San Jose game 7: MacKinnon sets up the game tying goal, only for it to be overturned on a coach's challenge due questionable Landeskog line change. Avs lose 3-2.

The coach's challenge was implemented because of Matt Duchene.

And you missed 2014 game 7 against Minnesota. Duchene returned to the lineup after missing games 1-5 with injury, and bumped MacKinnon down to second line minutes and second PP unit. Avs lose 5-4 in OT.

:sarcasm:

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Has Colorado ever lost three home games in a playoff series in the organization's history? Has Colorado ever lost three consecutive home games in any playoff year in the organization's history? I am willing to bet that it probably has never happened, which likely means it will happen tonight.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Most of MacKinnon's poor elimination game stats can be blamed on Matt Duchene.

Seattle game 7: MacKinnon scores the game tying goal, only for it to be overturned on a coach's challenge due to a missed offside call. Avs lose 2-1.

San Jose game 7: MacKinnon sets up the game tying goal, only for it to be overturned on a coach's challenge due questionable Landeskog line change. Avs lose 3-2.

The coach's challenge was implemented because of Matt Duchene.

And you missed 2014 game 7 against Minnesota. Duchene returned to the lineup after missing games 1-5 with injury, and bumped MacKinnon down to second line minutes and second PP unit. Avs lose 5-4 in OT.

:sarcasm:

Not to mention Duchene's back check (or lack-there-of) on the Wild's game 7 OT goal.

*Gets angry all over again

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Need to come out tonight like Game 5 Nuggets. Please do not come out like Game 6

We’re not winning game 7 but at least taking them to the brink and wearing them down is likely to haunt them in the end. In any other year they’d be playing a good opponent in the WCF but given the competition I still expect the Stars to be the 3rd team to make it through after going 7 in rounds 1 and 2 but hopefully it will stop them from being the 2nd team to win the Cup after

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Just group fund me the flights from Austin to Dallas and Avs will win the game. Last time I saw them lose was in 2017, since then they're 4-0 with two amazing performances against the Jets. Easy.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

View attachment 872265

I can make the GDT for tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad