Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
The last game, while disappointing, was still very close. Val hit the post, and I think it was Girard who had a golden opportunity in the 3rd. If they score on those plays, Avs probably win. They gotta win game 4, but this series is still up for grabs.
We can definitely still win but game 4 is a must win. Otherwise our chances will become slim.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
the doom and gloom in here is pretty amusing for being down 2-1 in what's been a very even series.

did you think we were only going to lose 1 game? Did you think we'd never be trailing in a series again in the playoffs?

I get there are frustrations but it's playoffs and that's part of it. Lessons to be learned and now it's how to respond. Outside of execution and a stubbornness against dump and chase hockey, the Avs played very well last game. Urgency rises with every loss and Drouin is returning

Have some faith in your team. I guess you don't understand how this universe works. We all play a part in the outcome but we have to collectively envision them winning and believe in their abilities.
What kills me is people out here believing Dallas has dominated and should be up 3-0 as if only Dallas can play well and any time Colorado does anything it's because Dallas let them.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
What kills me is people out here believing Dallas has dominated and should be up 3-0 as if only Dallas can play well and any time Colorado does anything it's because Dallas let them.

It's such a weird series. The Avs have mostly dominated 5v5 play but they're falling right in to the DeBoer trap and have haven't had a lead for a single second this series. Dallas is doing a very good job in keeping the Avs to the outside, making Oettinger's job easy, and capitalizing on the Avs mistakes. It's quite frustrating to watch.

I thought Colorado was easily the better team in game 1 but looked horrible in OT and, yeah, were lucky to win after Geogiev bailed them out big time before the Wood goal. In that sense the Avs are lucky it's not 0-3.

DeBoer is Bednar's kryptonite. I personally believe the Stars have already won this series mainly because I don't believe the Avs [Bednar] are capable of changing their game plan enough to respond to how Dallas is neutralizing their offense.

But if the Avs want any chance, tonight is a must-win. But even then, in a best of three, Dallas has home ice I think they take it easily. Bednar has shown too many times, with too many teams, he can't beat Deboer's system.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Agree with this. Dallas were extremely good defensively in the 3rd period last game but overall in the series the Avs have been the better team regardless of when we were down 3-0 and 4-0. Dallas has been very opportunistic.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
In the history of the NHL only 32 have come back from a 3-1 series deficit so obviously tonight is a must win.

People saying the Avs are dominating, are we watching the same game?

Game 3 was an absolute clinic from the Stars. They got the lead and played 1-4 trap hockey until the final whistle. Bednar needs to adjust, CMAC gave him a bunch of guys that can play dump and chase hockey but they just aren't doing it.

The only hope the Avs have is that they can either get the PP firing at Oilers level rates or they can get a lead early on and not have to contend with the 1-4 neutral zone.

I used to be sour on Bednar as a coach, I like him now but he's lost 3 series to the same coach in largely the same way against 3 separate teams.

Dallas is playing basically 5 defenseman, and has been the entire playoffs. The Avs need to start dumping and hammering the stars D. It's harder than against Winnipeg because Dallas D know how to move the puck, but they will get tired eventually.

The other thing I worry about is Georgiev hasn't had a bad game yet.

• Love
Reactions: davpower

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto

I agree. I think we can improve, that's different to the Vegas series. Felt like we were overwhelmed. We can win this.

Agree with this. Dallas were extremely good defensively in the 3rd period last game but overall in the series the Avs have been the better team regardless of when we were down 3-0 and 4-0. Dallas has been very opportunistic.

Yeah, Dallas has been very fortunate to score the first goal every game. We get that first goal and we can blow them away, imo.

Time to blow these ****** out and make them scared. 5 goal win today. Let's gooo!

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Carolina is losing the series 3-1 and they still have around 10% to come back and win the series. 20% if they win tonight's match. Small chance, but you go one game at the time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240513-175845.png
    Screenshot_20240513-175845.png
    302.9 KB · Views: 2

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I get the nightmares about the Vegas series that we probably should’ve lost in 5 and the frustration over this one but lumping in the Sharks one, with an Avs team that wasn’t even supposed to get out of the first round, only ever went down by one game in the series and was a Landy offside removing a goal that would’ve tied it and then who knows what happens, is strange if the idea is PDB has always completely had Bednar’s number

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I get the nightmares about the Vegas series that we probably should’ve lost in 5 and the frustration over this one but lumping in the Sharks one, with an Avs team that wasn’t even supposed to get out of the first round, only ever went down by one game in the series and was a Landy offside removing a goal that would’ve tied it and then who knows what happens, is strange if the idea is PDB has always completely had Bednar’s number

All our series losses gave me different feelings:

Vs Sharks, we had no depth. We had one line. No real hope going through.

Vegas: They bullied us to death and the refs never called anything after Vegas coach complained about them, which was bit tragic for us. Very bitter ending and the hate of Vegas started for me from this series.

Dallas: we shit the bed. I didn't rate Dallas too much and I think we win without our goaltending issues. It was miserable ending. We should have done better.

Kraken: I expected us to win, but in the end you could see there was not enough desire to win another round, even if they went through Kraken. It was probably similar faith to what Vegas had this season. Probably a bit of relief to lose early..

This season: we are facing good Dallas team. It's even contest. Both good teams, maybe not the best teams in the league but top6 for sure, both. I think it's matter of one good team beating other imo. It's a tough and hard fight.

Reactions: The Moops

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
People saying the Avs are dominating, are we watching the same game?

Game 3 was an absolute clinic from the Stars. They got the lead and played 1-4 trap hockey until the final whistle. Bednar needs to adjust, CMAC gave him a bunch of guys that can play dump and chase hockey but they just aren't doing it.
And yet, if Mack doesn't flub the one timer on the PP, and Nuke doesn't hit the post, the Avs likely win. Avs could have easily been up 3-0 late in period one, but the bounces went Dallas's way. Shit happens.

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
Bednar will make some genius adjustments for tonights game. Rants will be scratched for starters, Colton moved up to the first line.

Av's win 6-1, Colton with 4 goals. Mac with 5 assists and only one early hissy fit. Makar with 4 secondary non relevant assists.

Stars in 6.

Reactions: paganini11

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
The Avs haven’t held a lead at any point through 3 games…

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
I think many people here misremember the Vegas series (Games 5 and 6 were not at all like 3 and 4) and it is leading them to make hyperbole about this series so far.

DeBoer is a good coach but let's not get carried away.

I expect the Avs to execute much better tonight though. A lot of the Avalanche problems in Game 3 were self inflicted.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
We expected the Avs to execute in G1 and they came out horrendous in the 1st.

We expected the Avs to execute better in G2 and they somehow came out terrible in the 1st & 2nd.

We expected the Avs to come out strong and execute in G3 on home ice, and while they looked better in the 1st, they largely played perimeter hockey and in the 3rd they flat out sucked-ass and refused (for whatever reason) to change things up to counter the entry zone clog that Dallas was employing.

Why are we expecting them to be somehow different?

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

We expected the Avs to execute better in G2 and they somehow came out terrible in the 1st & 2nd.

We expected the Avs to come out strong and execute in G3 on home ice, and while they looked better in the 1st, they largely played perimeter hockey and in the 3rd they flat out sucked-ass and refused (for whatever reason) to change things up to counter the entry zone clog that Dallas was employing.

Because once you give up dreams and hopes, what’s left?

Having said that, Stars will win another close one goal game

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

It is desperation now. If the Avs lose tonight, the series is all but over, just a matter of when. Their backs are against the wall and they should play their very best hockey tonight.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I wish we could just lose twice tonight and be put out of our misery. No sense in prolonging the inevitable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad