• Dal in 7

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
After that radio show mentioned a bunch of people went to the Stars board and noticed that... well, the idea that calling the Sedins sisters wasn't new, wasn't the worst type of thing that was posted on the board, and none of the mods were doing anything about it. When the rest of HF showed up a bunch of posters and Stars mods got bother for it and left.
There's a bit more to it but in short, the whole Stars fanbase, including their mods, got bullied out of HF.

Reactions: Pokecheque

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Alright, taking a poll here. Wore my Mack Blueberry in round 1 game 1 and we lost, then swapped to my Makar Nords Reverse Retro for R1G2-R2G2 before finally taking a loss.

Which jersey should I go with next?

1. Byram 2022 Stanley Cup jersey
2. Zadorov Home
3. Forsberg Burgundy 3rd
4. Duchene Illuminati
5. Makar Illuminati
6. Svatos White

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Alright, taking a poll here. Wore my Mack Blueberry in round 1 game 1 and we lost, then swapped to my Makar Nords Reverse Retro for R1G2-R2G2 before finally taking a loss.

2. Zadorov Home
3. Forsberg Burgundy 3rd
4. Duchene Illuminati
5. Makar Illuminati
6. Svatos White
First step should be to get rid of this abomination (the player, not the jersey)

and after that I would go w/ either Forsberg or Makar

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

2. Zadorov Home
3. Forsberg Burgundy 3rd
4. Duchene Illuminati
5. Makar Illuminati
6. Svatos White
Svatos would be my choice. I think it's pretty cool you've got one of his.

First step should be to get rid of this abomination (the player, not the jersey)

and after that I would go w/ either Forsberg or Makar
I think I'd have to swap the nameplate out to Parise or ERod.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I think if they split in Colorado, the series is going 7 games. If they can somehow win both home games, probably win the series in 6 back in Colorado. If it goes to game 7, not sure if I like our chances. Everything will work against us in game 7

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs going down 3-0 and 4-0, doesn’t exactly ooze confidence going forward.
Going down in games has been an issue all season, and what’s more troubling is that when asked, both players and Bednar instead of showing concern, they almost encouraging it, talking about how they’re always confident they can come back in games. Sooner or later their luck is gonna run out and they gonna be out of the playoffs with that mentality

Last edited:
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I guess i'm the minority that doesn't hate Duchene.

He was good while he was here and returned a boatload to help offset the atrocious drafting. If Duchene wanted to stay I don't think we win a cup.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

2. Zadorov Home
3. Forsberg Burgundy 3rd
4. Duchene Illuminati
5. Makar Illuminati
6. Svatos White
Galvanize our support for the Avs and hate for the Oilers. Wear the Zads jersey and unite HFAvs.

• Love
Reactions: forsbergavs32

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Going down by a few goals is far from ideal and they have to start better but I think it's ultimately on the players. Trying to blame Bednar or going with the typical "out coached" talk is just an easy way out and I might even lean towards it being nonsensical. At worst they've played even at 5v5 through two games when accounting for score and the Avs probably have the advantage if you look at the numbers as a whole.

The type of penalties the Avs took don't have anything to do with coaching, systems, etc. I think that dumb stuff is completely on the players, including the bench minors. Sometimes your best players have to step up and I don't think the Avs players have done that other than Cale.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom

2. Zadorov Home
3. Forsberg Burgundy 3rd
4. Duchene Illuminati
5. Makar Illuminati
6. Svatos White
Nameplate swap on that Duchene if it’s an adidas or exile it to the depths of the underworld if it’s reebok

Otherwise:
1) Svatos because that’s pretty awesome especially if it’s a CCM
2) Forsberg Alt
3) Makar Illuminati
4) Bo
5) Zads although if it’s an adidas one then that’s pretty cool and I’d move it up to 3

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Going down by a few goals is far from ideal and they have to start better but I think it's ultimately on the players. Trying to blame Bednar or going with the typical "out coached" talk is just an easy way out and I might even lean towards it being nonsensical. At worst they've played even at 5v5 through two games when accounting for score and the Avs probably have the advantage if you look at the numbers as a whole.

The type of penalties the Avs took don't have anything to do with coaching, systems, etc. I think that dumb stuff is completely on the players, including the bench minors. Sometimes your best players have to step up and I don't think the Avs players have done that other than Cale.
Imo, the blame for Bednar lies with a seemingly disinterest in making tactical adjustments to counter Dallas employing a trap meant to neutralize their speed in the neutral zone. That’s definitely a coaching issue, because I think we can safely say that the way he thinks is that no matter what, our talent will win out. And sometimes that’s fine, but he should also be looking at options/tactics that put us in the best situation to win.

Reactions: cinchronicity

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom

If only RyJo was already LTIR injured and we could’ve sent just the first without him to the Flames. Though Tanev is so injury prone he probably would’ve landed in the hospital his first day with the Ambulanche. Need to be all over hitting that man and hard every chance and hope he eventually breaks down like usual

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

Agree 100%. Blaming the coach for bad line changes is lazy. The coach tells the players who will be going on next and from that point on it is the players' responsibility to jump on the ice at the right time. The coach doesn't stand behind a player and then suddenly say: "OK go ahead. You can now jump on." They are not kids.

Imo, the blame for Bednar lies with a seemingly disinterest in making tactical adjustments to counter Dallas employing a trap meant to neutralize their speed in the neutral zone. That’s definitely a coaching issue, because I think we can safely say that the way he thinks is that no matter what, our talent will win out. And sometimes that’s fine, but he should also be looking at options/tactics that put us in the best situation to win.
Bednar not adjusting needs to stop. The players themselves have said quite a few times that he does. If he wouldn't the Avs wouldn't have so many come back wins. Yes talent has some to do with it but he also makes adjustments. I will give you that he doesn't adjust a lot during periods but he certainlly does between periods. The players need to execute better. They took four non-forced stupid penalties. FOUR. Bednar said himself yesterday that he was trying to get his stars going in the 2nd period and they couldn't. It wasn't because of the Stars' system. It was because the 1st line had another very average night playing-wise. Except for last night the points have been there but Mack and Mikko have not played very well. They look disinterested and not engaged for long period of time. Mack's passing has been really bad so far in these playoffs especially last night. Bednar cannot force them to play better. They are the ones that need to execute better and it starts with better effort. I lost count a long time ago in the WIN series how many time Mack has given up on a play when he loses the puck. No effort to get it back. The effort is not there from them unless they are down 3+ goals (except last night).

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Agree 100%. Blaming the coach for bad line changes is lazy. The coach tells the players who will be going on next and from that point on it is the players' responsibility to jump on the ice at the right time. The coach doesn't stand behind a player and then suddenly say: "OK go ahead. You can now jump on." They are not kids.

Bednar not adjusting needs to stop. The players themselves have said quite a few times that he does. If he wouldn't the Avs wouldn't have so many come back wins. Yes talent has some to do with it but he also makes adjustments. I will give you that he doesn't adjust a lot during periods but he certainlly does between periods. The players need to execute better. They took four non-forced stupid penalties. FOUR. Bednar said himself yesterday that he was trying to get his stars going in the 2nd period and they couldn't. It wasn't because of the Stars' system. It was because the 1st line had another very average night playing-wise. Except for last night the points have been there but Mack and Mikko have not played very well. They look disinterested and not engaged for long period of time. Mack's passing has been really bad so far in these playoffs especially last night. Bednar cannot force them to play better. They are the ones that need to execute better and it starts with better effort. I lost count a long time ago in the WIN series how many time Mack has given up on a play when he loses the puck. No effort to get it back. The effort is not there from them unless they are down 3+ goals (except last night).
The adjustment he needs/needed to make last night had all to do with continuing to attempt to skate through to the trap system DeBoer was using. It’s not the first time he’s done that.

The Avs turned it on in the 3rd, but I question how much of it was them finally clicking and working & how much of it was Dallas sitting back and then suddenly having a hard time turning it back on and doing whatever they could to end it in regulation

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The adjustment he needs/needed to make last night had all to do with continuing to attempt to skate through to the trap system DeBoer was using. It’s not the first time he’s done that.

The Avs turned it on in the 3rd, but I question how much of it was them finally clicking and working & how much of it was Dallas sitting back and then suddenly having a hard time turning it back on and doing whatever they could to end it in regulation
Probably a bit of both I would say. I think they will play a lot better next game. They were just flat yesterday until midway through the 3rd IMO.

Reactions: The Moops

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I guess i'm the minority that doesn't hate Duchene.

He was good while he was here and returned a boatload to help offset the atrocious drafting. If Duchene wanted to stay I don't think we win a cup.
It changed so much literally overnight. Went from “Sakic is a shit crony GM!” To “This team is going to win a cup soon!”

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad