WCSF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (3) San Jose Sharks | VGK Leads Series 3-2

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The way things are going this series may start on Monday. Doesn’t look like anything is going to go very deep

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I think it may be a quick series. Just not sure who it is that wins. I want to say San Jose may have an advantage because I feel Anaheim challenged them for stretches. Vegas simply wasn’t challenged at all. They may be in for somewhat of a surprise

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I think it may be a quick series. Just not sure who it is that wins. I want to say San Jose may have an advantage because I feel Anaheim challenged them for stretches. Vegas simply wasn’t challenged at all. They may be in for somewhat of a surprise

Vegas won four consecutive one goal games against the Kings. I don't think it's fair to say they weren't challenged. It's simply that this challenge will be different. Sharks aren't as defensively tight as LA is but have a lot more offensive punch and balance. I think Vegas will win but I don't think it'll be a quick series.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Martin Jones is the biggest pretender in the league and Sharks will have to face Fleury who's on a mission. Games will be higher scoring and will be very close, but Jones will allow some brutal 5-hole goals while Fleury keeps the momentum on the Knights side.

LVK in 6.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
I watched a few knights games this season and they are fast on he transition

Its going to be tough for the Sharks.

I say sharks in 7

Nick1219

Mar 15, 2012
My heart is cheering for Vegas. My head and bracket is cheering for Sharkies.

Should be A LOT of fun though.

Give me Sharks in 6.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Martin Jones is the biggest pretender in the league and Sharks will have to face Fleury who's on a mission. Games will be higher scoring and will be very close, but Jones will allow some brutal 5-hole goals while Fleury keeps the momentum on the Knights side.

LVK in 6.

Jones last 3 years have had some pretty decent playoff stats.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

LVK in 6.

Jones is a pretender? He's one of the best three playoff goalies in the league.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

LVK in 6.

Jones and Fleury have never really shown that they are always consistent between series. I’ve seen them both have great series followed by poor ones and vice versa. I think during the Sharks run 2 years ago Jones was awful in the semis and amazing in the WCF if I remember right

Reactions: Frosty415

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Jones last 3 years have had some pretty decent playoff stats.
He's that type of goaler who makes miraculous saves followed up by some 5-hole back-breaking nonsense. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice Jones, shame on you.

Jones is a pretender? He's one of the best three playoff goalies in the league.
Say's a Sharks fan, reality says otherwise...

Reactions: aemoreira1981

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
He's that type of goaler who makes miraculous saves followed up by some 5-hole back-breaking nonsense. Fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice Jones, shame on you.

Say's a Sharks fan, reality says otherwise...

Id say that would describe Fleury of the past few years too.

Battle of the Pretenders!

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Jones and Fleury have never really shown that they are always consistent between series. I’ve seen them both have great series followed by poor ones and vice versa. I think during the Sharks run 2 years ago Jones was awful in the semis and amazing in the WCF if I remember right

This is simply not true. Jones' lowest save percentage in a series was his first one against LA at .912. Since then, .922, .920, .932, .935, and .970. To say Jones hasn't always been consistent between series is to be ignorant of reality and facts. Jones has been a rock every time in there. What are you even talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->