Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IMG_0998.jpg

Destroys

IMG_0999.jpg

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Being extremely biased towards Winnipeg, I still feel like the Nashville high-end scoring along with their D-corps is deeper than Winnipeg's, taking current injuries into account. I think Nashville is about a 55-45 to advance, ultimately this series will come down to Hellebuyck and Rinne and which goalie can steal a goal against per game.

Let the clenching begin

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Vegas #5 vs SJ #11
Tampa #3 vs Bos #4 or Tor #7
Pitts #10 vs Wash #6 or CLB #14
Nash #1 vs Win #2

Great plan by the NHL... teams should be re-seeded after each round based on overall standings..

It should be:

Nash Vs SJ
Winn Vs Vegas

Ahhhhhh the good old days.

As much as it sucks for Winnipeg.. pretty shitty to finish first overall in the league and have to go through the 2nd best team, in the 2nd round

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Being extremely biased towards Winnipeg, I still feel like the Nashville high-end scoring along with their D-corps is deeper than Winnipeg's, taking current injuries into account. I think Nashville is about a 55-45 to advance, ultimately this series will come down to Hellebuyck and Rinne and which goalie can steal a goal against per game.

Let the clenching begin

Defence I can agree with. Scoring?
Laine, Scheifele, Ehlers, Wheeler, Statsny, Connor... The Preds can't compete in offensive skill imo.

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
I'm just going to stick my neck on the block and say Preds in 5. Going back to the bridgestone with a point to prove, pick up one on the road - with Pekka playing lights out on home ice. Having said that it more than likely goes to game 7, this is going to be a hell of a battle. Hopefully the times aren't too atrocious or I'm going to be sleeping at work for the next few weeks...

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Defence I can agree with. Scoring?
Laine, Scheifele, Ehlers, Wheeler, Statsny, Connor... The Preds can't compete in offensive skill imo.

Its definitely arguable - Forsberg, Hartman, Johansen, Arvidsson, Fiala, Watson, Sissons and Turris can all explode any given night.

Imagine if they still had James Neal :help:

RonJon

May 18, 2011
I think health is going to be huge in this series.
Nashville was one of the healthier teams all year, and the Jets one of the most injured.

Jets fans, are Perreault, Ehlers and Enstrom expected in for game one? I assume Kulikov is not going to be a factor in this series.
Ehlers and Enstrom both skated in non-contact jersey's yesterday and are expected to be available. Having said that I don't know if Enstrom will automatically slide back in as Buff and Morrow have been great together. Nice to have a healthy Toby on the shelf if needed.

Both Perrault and Kulikov were no-go's

sixty minute hockey

Feb 7, 2012
Manitoba
I wasn't able to watch much of the Jets in the regular season but I always made an effort to watch the Jets vs Nashville games.

The vibe I got from those games especially from the more recent games was of a high intensity almost playoff type atmosphere.

Now we get to see these two teams go against eachother in the playoffs and I cannot wait to see if they can bring up the intensity even more now that they are playing on hockey's biggest stage.

I can only ask that no matter the winner, that this series does not disappoint. That this series lives up to the hype of being a Winnipeg vs Nashville NHL Playoff series.

PS: Make us proud boys! GO JETS GO!

Reactions: Saintb

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Its definitely arguable - Forsberg, Hartman, Johansen, Arvidsson, Fiala, Watson, Sissons and Turris can all explode any given night.

Imagine if they still had James Neal :help:
Forsberg for sure. Johansen and Arvidsson too.
Fiala is decent and has a big future and Turris is solid, and you forgot Smith who can be a handful. Those guys I see as more comparable to Roslovic, Little, Perreault though.

Watson and Sissons? Watson is 26 and has 47 career NHL points in over 200 games. Sissons is similar with 47 in 190 games.
Hartman has a career high of 31 points. Just for reference, Armia had 29 this year.

I would say the best offensive players in the series based on their play this year would be:

Wheeler
Scheifele
Forsberg
Laine
Arvidsson
Ehlers
Johansen
Connor

Pretty clear advantage for the Jets in top end talent.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Fiala is decent and has a big future and Turris is solid, and you forgot Smith who can be a handful. Those guys I see as more comparable to Roslovic, Little, Perreault though.

Watson and Sissons? Watson is 26 and has 47 career NHL points in over 200 games. Sissons is similar with 47 in 190 games.
Hartman has a career high of 31 points. Just for reference, Armia had 29 this year.

I would say the best offensive players in the series based on their play this year would be:

Wheeler
Scheifele
Forsberg
Laine
Arvidsson
Ehlers
Johansen
Connor

Yea that's fair, pretty tough to argue with that

Reactions: Plural

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN

Wheeler
Scheifele
Forsberg
Laine
Arvidsson
Ehlers
Johansen
Connor

Does the top end talent not matter when it comes to defense?

Preds top 4 is clearly better.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
Also I’m not sure why Johansen doesn’t get more respect. He had a down season but he’s proven over & over he turns his game up a notch or two when the playoffs roll around.

Was a stud against Colorado.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Also I’m not sure why Johansen doesn’t get more respect. He had a down season but he’s proven over & over he turns his game up a notch or two when the playoffs roll around.

Was a stud against Colorado.

Johansen is good, but the Jets do have some high end forwards over there.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’ve got Preds in 6 or 7. They didn’t blow us out like some thought they would, but that’s cause we’re a tougher match up for them stylistically than a fellow heavy team like Winnipeg. That’s why each regular season game between us came down to the Avs pulling the goalie with a chance to tie it late.

Plus it’s simply human for a team that’s been there before to have a harder time getting themselves up for the 8th seeded youngest team in the league, that just had a historically bad season. And we saw in that last game what a fully firing Smurfville can do, even to a team that’s a tough match up for them stylistically.

That’s the focus & level I expect to see them roll into this series with. While with Winnipeg I wonder if the emotion of winning their first series in such emphatic fashion doesn’t leave them a little bit drained and anxious for this match up against the big boys that they spent the season fighting for the President’s Trophy. So I can see them hitting game 1 with some hesitation that the Avs were too young & dumb to have.

And if Nashville smashes them in game 1 & 2 I see them snagging one of the games in Winnipeg before the Jets really put their balls on the table when facing elimination. And though I think that gets the just a second or even third win, Nashville is just too good & experienced not to take one of three & move on to face the Golden Knights/Sharks winner.

Reactions: preds1 and Jonesey

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Ah missed it. That’s why I think these teams are so even.

Should be a ridiculous series.

For sure. Jets up front by a bit IMO, Preds on the blue line. Goaltending is a wash, but I give Rinne a slight edge due to experience.
Jet's have been white hot. 13-2 over their last 15. This is going to be a hell of a series.

Reactions: Plural

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
Everyone remember the preds all love and support Mike ribero!! That's reason enough to root for the jets!!!

Reactions: Pongs21

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I find it hilarious that so many posters say, with all conviction, that the winner of this series goes to the cup final. Like Vegas and SJ are gonna be walks in the park. It’s not going to be easy for any team in the west.

That said, the Sharks are going to the finals. If anyone actually watches them play they wouldn’t find that too hard to believe. :D

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I think that the Preds stopped using the mustards about 5 years ago. It is white, gold and navy now. The colors in Nashville's flag.

Mustard gold for a band of mustard tigers!!

FFS does anyone know how to post a Philadelphia Collins meme :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad