October 31, 2023
Vancouver def. Nashville 5-2

December 19, 2023
Vancouver def. Nashville - 5-2

Last edited:

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
We should have the match-up advantage, Preds generate most goals from the Forsberg, O'Reilly, Nyquist line and we should be able to match either the Miller or Lindholm lines on that unit. Hopefully giving Pettersson easier match-ups. The Preds do generate 5-on-5 scoring chances at a much greater rate on average than the Canucks though.

The real risk is Soros goes absolutely mental, but hopefully Demko can match anything he does.

Reactions: Indiana

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It's been so long since we played Nashville, it feels like it wasn't even this season. It was weird looking back at the highlights and seeing guys like Beauvillier and Kuzmenko playing.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
This is going to be a tough series, on paper they're stronger than the Kings imo. Not super confident we'll win because a small gap in goaltending will probably be the difference and in the playoffs you never know who will go in hot and who's going to be cold - full trust in Demko but no reason the Preds shouldn't fully trust Saros either. I don't like how Petey's performance has waffled throughout the season either, he keeps playing like Bambi and he's going to get destroyed by O'Reilly's line.

I say Canucks in 7 because I'm stuck in this wagon for life, but a rational fan should believe this will be a real 50/50.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
This is going to be a tough series, on paper they're stronger than the Kings imo. Not super confident we'll win because a small gap in goaltending will probably be the difference and in the playoffs you never know who will go in hot and who's going to be cold - full trust in Demko but no reason the Preds shouldn't fully trust Saros either. I don't like how Petey's performance has waffled throughout the season either, he keeps playing like Bambi and he's going to get destroyed by O'Reilly's line.

I say Canucks in 7 because I'm stuck in this wagon for life, but a rational fan should believe this will be a real 50/50.
Agreed. This series will be tight, and potentially very hard fought.

D and goaltending is essentially a wash on paper.

Canucks have edge up front, but they have to come to play. I think depth guys like Hoglander, Lindholm and Podkolzin have the potential to have a big impact.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
He'll yeah, can't wait for this one. Don't mind me as I jump on our expansion cousins bandwagon for these playoffs. I apologize in advance if any of the Sabres misfortune rubs off on the ride. This will be the best series to watch in the 1st round. Going to be awesome. Canucks in 7

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Keslers performance against Nashville in 2011, is one of the most dominant of any Canuck player in their history..
It's funny because I thought he looked rather medicore in Game 2 after an okay Game 1. I was calling his ass out here. Game 3 comes around and he finally scores and then absolutely dominated the Preds and Sharks.

A real shame he suffered such a massive injury in the WCF. A torn labrum is a very painful injury that limits your mobility (makes you feel wobbly and unstable) and causes sharp pains that radiate down the legs. It's a miracle he was even able to play all 7 games in the finals.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
We are slightly ahead in GF, GA, PP% and PK%. But not so far ahead in any category to see it as a major advantage.

Should be a fun series. Always great atmosphere in Nashville for the playoffs. Two teams that aren't shy about physical hockey. Two teams that have had Cinderella seasons based on pre-season expectations.

If Lindholm can mostly keep Forsberg's line in check, this could be a short series. Expecting every game to be tight, but avoiding some travel in RD1 would be huge.

Lets gooooo!!!

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC

I think our edge will come from our third line. If they can win their matchup I think we have a good chance to win in 6-7.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Key to this series will be EP matching Forsberg, in my opinion. If we can't get within the Filip Forsberg stratosphere of player out of him, the Canucks are going to have a much harder time in this series.
No it won’t he is not an even going to be matching up against the Forsberg-OReilly-Nyquist line that will be Suter-Miller-Boeser. With the Lindholm line sprinkled here and there. Tocchet is going to try to get Petey to matchup against the Preds bottom six. This is not basketball where it’s Jokic vs Lebron.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
No it won’t he is not an even going to be matching up against the Forsberg-OReilly-Nyquist line that will be Suter-Miller-Boeser. With the Lindholm line sprinkled here and there. Tocchet is going to try to get Petey to matchup against the Preds bottom six. This is not basketball where it’s Jokic vs Lebron.

May see it more on the road, it’s absolutely crazy to want to match EP against ROR if you had your say in the matter.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Nashville Predators

9 Forsberg - 90 O'Reilly - 14 Nyquist
16 Zucker - 10 Sissons - 17 Jankowski
21 Beauvillier - 82 Novak - 77 Evangelista
36 Smith - 47 McCarron - 44 Sherwood

27 McDonagh - 59 Josi
3 Lauzon - 57 Fabbro
24 Stastney - 2 Schenn

74 Saros
32 Lankinen

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Preds have some weapons. Forsberg and Josi are carving up the league this season.

That said, we swept the season series and they were the best possible draw in terms of match up. If both teams are healthy and Demko is Demko, we should take this in 5 or 6.

Keslers performance against Nashville in 2011, is one of the most dominant of any Canuck player in their history..
The goal where he walked Shea Weber, arguably the best defenceman in the world at that time, and went top shelf over Rinne was one of the greatest in franchise history.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Nashville Predators

9 Forsberg - 90 O'Reilly - 14 Nyquist
16 Zucker - 10 Sissons - 17 Jankowski
21 Beauvillier - 82 Novak - 77 Evangelista
36 Smith - 47 McCarron - 44 Sherwood

27 McDonagh - 59 Josi
3 Lauzon - 57 Fabbro
24 Stastney - 2 Schenn

74 Saros
32 Lankinen
Suter Miller Boeser
Hoglander Pettersson Mikheyev
Joshua Lindholm Garland
Podkolzin Blueger Lafferty

Hughes Hronek
Soucy Myers
Zadorov Cole

We match up with them evenly or better on paper line by line. It’s interesting to see how well they’ve played.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
McDonagh is so frustrating to play against. His positioning is exceptionally well and he's a shot blocking machine. You can see how much Tampa missed him last post-season with all the point shots getting through. Their PK is suspect if you are able to move the puck down low and get their guys out position.

The powerplay must move around the puck well to hope to have any success. The soft wristers or telegraphed point shots will get easily blocked.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
McDonagh is so frustrating to play against. His positioning is exceptionally well and he's a shot blocking machine. You can see how much Tampa missed him last post-season with all the point shots getting through. Their PK is suspect if you are able to move the puck down low and get their guys out position.

The powerplay must move around the puck well to hope to have any success. The soft wristers or telegraphed point shots will get easily blocked.

Need Hronek to take a slapper when he's on the ice. Might not want to block shots as easily after that...

Reactions: quat and Indiana

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
We should have the match-up advantage, Preds generate most goals from the Forsberg, O'Reilly, Nyquist line and we should be able to match either the Miller or Lindholm lines on that unit. Hopefully giving Pettersson easier match-ups. The Preds do generate 5-on-5 scoring chances at a much greater rate on average than the Canucks though.

The real risk is Soros goes absolutely mental, but hopefully Demko can match anything he does.
Hmm. Conspiracy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad