Vancouver def. Nashville 3-2

October 31, 2023
Vancouver def. Nashville 5-2

December 19, 2023
Vancouver def. Nashville - 5-2

Last edited:

Britton

Nov 28, 2008
I actually think this is the worst match up for us by far of the three possible. I think we can probably still take it, but it will be a tougher series and travel is rough. Nashville played us hard this year even though we won all three games, I think we're gonna have to rely on Demko hard, unless Nashville gets dumb and tries to play defensive against us.

Also crazy that people think Nashville is worse team than LA or Vegas.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I actually think this is the worst match up for us by far of the three possible. I think we can probably still take it, but it will be a tougher series and travel is rough. Nashville played us hard this year even though we won all three games, I think we're gonna have to rely on Demko hard, unless Nashville gets dumb and tries to play defensive against us.

Nashville >>> LA all day

Vegas depends on how healthy they are

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

I'm not trying to underestimate the Preds because they've been an amazing team this season. But 1) Nashville has to travel too?; 2) We match up insanely well with them if we are able to contain Forsberg/Josi; 3) we played them pretty damn hard too, maybe even harder than they played us; 4) they'll have to rely on Saros turning it on too.

Nashville is objectively a better matchup than LA based on what we've seen this year. Vegas is a coin flip. Again, this isn't to take the Preds lightly.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Haven't watched Nashville at all down the stretch, but their streak was pretty impressive. Probably won't be as easy as it seems given that I'm not sure if the team has completely worked through their scoring woes... but I am hopeful that they will pick it up once the playoffs start, as most of the core players seemed bored for a while waiting for the regular season to end.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna

LA played like crap for extended stretches of the season. Remember their huge lead that whittled down to them in the WC? They have been terrible in the second half. Anyone cheering for the Stars tonight were out to lunch, finishing 1st in the west would have been much preferable.

That said, I think the Canucks sweep LA but take Preds in 5, so it's a difference of a game. I think, oddly enough, the Jets will come out of the Central anyway and this seed won't matter, but getting LA would have been better for us, no doubt.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
They lack the high-end forwards but they have depth scoring

I dunno, numbers don't really back that up, but I guess if you take the season in two halves you could say that over the back half. Our support scoring has been relatively equal to there's on gross. Difference in GF has largely been on the top-end with only Forsberg currently having 30+ goals on the Preds.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
I mean, I feel like LA and Vegas has given Canucks some trouble.
Preds have not in the same degree and it shows when you compare the head to head records of each matchup.

I know playoffs are different, each game has had different circumstances, but still, hard for me to believe Preds is not the best matchup considering Canucks went 3-0 against them this season.

If anything, that's gotta be in Predators' mind coming into the series.

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
This will likely go at least 6. If we can win in 5 or less, I like our chances for a deep run.

LF f***ING GO, IT'S BEEN TOO LONG SINCE WE HAD PLAYOFF HOCKEY!!

Go Canucks!

God damn, this season has been awesome so far!

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
finally playoffs. saros vs demko, hughes vrs josi. miller and the top 6 should do well he might even go keslermode. canucks in 5. games will be close. a few ots sprinkled in there as well. the bottom 6 of the canucks will help this team grind out their first playoff win since 2015. "bubble doesnt count and never should in my mind.

Reactions: Indiana

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
ROR still has it in him, he will probably shutdown one of our top 6 line

Josi is the most scary Preds and Saros can steal games

Need our depth and stars to come through
Also Demko cannot be the second best goalie

Saros has a Goals Saved Above Expected of -3.0, while he was at 46.7 last season (Highest ever since it's been tracked). He's fallen off a cliff this season, Demko has been far, far superior to him this season. We could end up losing this series, goaltending is almost certainly not why we lose imo.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
That's what I got too. They should get the split back in Nashville, but that's it. The Preds have cooled off significantly since their hot streak in March.
Nashville has pretty good depth scoring but ours is better. In fact we are better in every single area and statistical category. If our pp scores like it usually does against them than this should be a pretty quick series in our favour. On defense is where we really out match them imo, after Josi, nothing special offensively and none are all that great defensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad