Series Talk: WCQF: Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators (VAN Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Canucks in 4

Votes: 30 4.2%
  • Canucks in 5

Votes: 111 15.5%
  • Canucks in 6

Votes: 242 33.9%
  • Canucks in 7

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Predators in 4

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Predators in 5

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Predators in 6

Votes: 127 17.8%
  • Predators in 7

Votes: 97 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Look congratulations on the series win (Predators have never won a series after losing game one so it’s basically over) but I just am not convinced that Vancouver advances past the next round. Do not be offended because Canucks will have plenty of to win in the coming years.
It is premature to say the Canucks won the series. There's still a lot of games to be played.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Look congratulations on the series win (Predators have never won a series after losing game one so it’s basically over) but I just am not convinced that Vancouver advances past the next round. Do not be offended because Canucks will have plenty of to win in the coming years.
It's 1 game bro. Settle down. I'm not sure why you are so salty. Case of the Mondays?

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Not accepting congratulations yet, anything can happen in a 7 game series, but the Preds would have to somehow find a way to stick with the Canucks 5 on 5 play. I don't really care if you think the Canucks are cup contenders, you aren't the only doubter, but the way you are saying it just sounds like sour grapes from a losing fan. Canucks dominated 5 on 5, so I don't know what you are referring to as 'offense' unless you are ONLY counting goals that went in and not talking about play being in one end all night, because the Canucks were all over the Preds offensively despite trailing for much of the game.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I agree with you that neither team looked all that impressive. Whether both were effectively stifling the other or just lackluster, it's hard to tell.

I don't agree with making too much of Game 1, though. In 2014, LA lost Game 1 by the score of 3-6 and even Game 2 by the score of 2-7. They certainly didn't look like a team that would go far, yet ended up winning the Cup that year.

As for the Preds' record of never winning a series after losing Game 1, it's an interesting bit of trivia, but doesn't mean much, IMO. In 2017, they had never won a series as an 8th seed and went on to win three that year.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Yeah, Zadorov was definitely a factor out there all game long. He used his size effectively. Nashville have nothing to answer Zadorov if that's the game he plays this series. At some point that guy is going to start wearing the Preds down with those punishing hits. You could already see some Preds players with eyes in the back of their heads looking for that monster. It was a great game 1 for that big man.

BluesyShoes

Unregistered User
Dec 11, 2010
I agree with you that neither team looked all that impressive. Whether both were effectively stifling the other or just lackluster, it's hard to tell.

I don't agree with making too much of Game 1, though. In 2014, LA lost Game 1 by the score of 3-6 and even Game 2 by the score of 2-7. They certainly didn't look like a team that would go far, yet ended up winning the Cup that year.

As for the Preds' record of never winning a series after losing Game 1, it's an interesting bit of trivia, but doesn't mean much, IMO. In 2017, they had never won a series as an 8th seed and went on to win three that year.
Maybe it is a homer take, but I thought the Canucks looked good. The game they were playing will win a 7 game series more often than not, and they were playing at a pace they can keep up over the course of a post-season. No one was giving too much of themselves, and everyone was contributing.

Whether or not they can continue to implement that game and strategy against Nashville remains to be seen. Nashville didn't look bad either, to my eye they didn't have the performance through the depth of their lineup to keep up over a seven game series. I could foresee a few of their key guys getting worn down as the series moves forward if their depth players don't get up to Vancouver's pace. But it is only game one and on the road for them no less; Nashville is more than just a hop and a skip from Vancouver. I expect more out of them Game 2 and at home.

Reactions: mdobbs and Osprey

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Maybe it is a homer take, but I thought the Canucks looked good. The game they were playing will win a 7 game series more often than not, and they were playing at a pace they can keep up over the course of a post-season. No one was giving too much of themselves, and everyone was contributing.
They certainly weren't bad and were certainly better than the Preds. I imagine that they could play quite a bit better, but you're not going to play your best in every game and, to be successful in the playoffs, you need to be able to win games like that. So, I agree that that's a good thing for the Canucks. If the Preds had won, I would've said the same thing for them.

Reactions: BluesyShoes

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Nashville is a tough out for Vancouver. It seems like Vancouver is going to do it though.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
A loss is a loss but man that game was 90% Canucks dominating. Zero puck luck and they didn’t make it hard enough on Saros.

Nashville is good at blocking shots but there isn’t much else going on there. Regardless they have to be happy at a tied series with the way they have played the last two games.

On to game 3.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Idk, all the Canucks fans here told me that it was because of their system and that everything was sustainable.

So first you disagreed with my statement that the Canucks lacked shooting talent and now (I'm assuming) you agree with me as you knew their percentages were unsustainable?

At least that's what I'm parsing through your apparent sarcasm.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
As coach Andrew Brunette has said, his team loves the underdog role and when people count them out.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
So first you disagreed with my statement that the Canucks lacked shooting talent and now (I'm assuming) you agree with me as you knew their percentages were unsustainable?

At least that's what I'm parsing through your apparent sarcasm.
We were told all year long that Tocchet coaches a system that causes for shooting percentages to be higher.

What system is that? Because it definitely wasn't tonights system where they were fine shooting perimeter shots just to miss or get blocked.

Reactions: PuckG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad