Series Talk: WCQF: Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators (VAN Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of the series?

• Canucks in 4

Votes: 30 4.2%
  • Canucks in 5

Votes: 111 15.5%
  • Canucks in 6

Votes: 242 33.9%
  • Canucks in 7

Votes: 84 11.8%
  • Predators in 4

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • Predators in 5

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Predators in 6

Votes: 127 17.8%
  • Predators in 7

Votes: 97 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I don't know why so many people are trolling in here, the worst Nucks poster that was guilty of most of the main board shenanigans was that JackJohnson guy who I think has been long banned. Just enjoy the hockey guys! I hope this series picks up because it's been kind of sleepy compared to some of the others so far.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
For sure. Canucks’ MO this season has been dictating play from the start scoring first, with a good win percentage when they do.

So far they have not met the same standard
Only fear now is that if they push for it too hard and end up getting caught and DeSmith lets one in then it's back to the same old shit again.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Maybe this changes a bit without Demko in net but I feel like the Canucks should just go agro at the start of the game and stop waiting to be losing before making a push like the first 2 games.

I legit have no idea what Nashville would do if they went down 2 goals. I mean maybe they'd actually have to push back and would succeed, in which case... welp. But step 1 is to at least prevent them from being able to turtle, as it has always been with turtles.
Demko likely makes the save on the 1-0 and 2-0 goal. Would have completely changed the game, Nashville getting that gift on the 1st shot allowed them to settle into a more defensive role

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Only fear now is that if they push for it too hard and end up getting caught and DeSmith lets one in then it's back to the same old shit again.
Kinda like early season Oilers, push hard and then your goalie gives up a bad goal and it completely deflates the team.

Canucks are the better team, and if DeSmith can give them even .900, they should win this series pretty easily.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
DeSmith was probably distracted on that first goal with the LETS GO CASEY chants.

*Womp Womp*

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Predators probably a bit surprised that the game went so much the way they wanted it played.
Tochet the old Flyer will be thinking of how to break that up with getting into the middle where the higher threats are generated.
Problem is that isn't how we wanted it played. That 5-10 minutes in the 2nd is what we have done all season. This hang back, block shots, and play defensive is something we haven't seen us do all season.

This is not normal.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Problem is that isn't how we wanted it played. That 5-10 minutes in the 2nd is what we have done all season. This hang back, block shots, and play defensive is something we haven't seen us do all season.

This is not normal.
Interesting. I only caught the 3rd period, and all I saw was what looked like an incredibly focused protect the lead strategy. Kind of like old NYR coach Tom Renney's "5 In The Picture" emphasis on clogging the middle with shot blocking bodies.
Even that last PP for the Predators looked like an effort to not give the puck away (though I thought the players didn't even do that well and it became a very confused looking PP).

I am guilty of seeing only 1/3 of the game.
What the Predators were doing was incredibly effective, though. The Canucks had no answer to it when I was watching it.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of, if not all, Game 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: soothsayer

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I like this Predators team. You can tell they play for the logo and not the nameplate. Blocking shots is what teams that believe in each other do.

Not a Canucks fan whatsoever but Pettersson frustrates me. It's really not that he's floating or mailing it in. His game just fails to mature. He doesn't get inside on guys, he doesn't play with enough pace, and he gets pushed off the puck constantly. I think he's talented enough to be an 8 figure player but he doesn't do the things you need to do be an offensive catalyst consistently enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad